• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Berlin

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
sHmfbXa.jpg

Has anyone ever been to Berlin. I reckon it's got to be one of the most beautiful cities in Europe but for some reason it doesn't get the same attention as Paris or London (which is also amazing)

I'm dying to go back there one day. What did you get up to while you were there?

My brother went there eleven years ago with his high school German class. He wasnt impressed. He said it smelled bad and that the people were rude. But he admits that he really didnt pay much attention to the sights as his class was too busy goofing off. :o

My aunt and uncle were there once, but they didnt think much of it either. They thought it was pathetic but they hate Germans anyway. (My uncle's family was killed in the Holocaust.)

I'd like to go sometime but so far, these are the only two opinions that I've been able to hear about....and the sources are not reliable or are biased as hell.

I used to have an interest in seeing East Berlin for its leftover communist "charm", but it's been so long since the wall came down it probably looks exactly the same as West Berlin now.

I've heard Berlin is quite nice from everyone I've talked to. And the Bavarian countryside is supposed to be lovely. My grandparents' cousins and extended family were killed in the holocaust too, but to be honest it's so far removed now that I don't feel any ill will towards Germans today. My mom still does a little. She won't ever buy a German car, for example. But I don't think Germans today are even remotely the same as Germans during the 1940's. And most of the Germans who were of adult age back then are either dead, or damn close.

Loved Germany, especially the beer. I didn't spend the majority of my time in Berlin. I hit up Munich, Dresden, Cologne and Hamburg. Dresden was my favorite.

I'll go back some day.

I've never been to Berlin but I have been to Frankfurt and the surrounding area. The people were friendly (even if they constantly wanted to talk about George Bush and Iraq), the food was excellent and the countryside was beautiful. So Germany is nice anyway.

If I can visit Germany just once for the beer and desserts, I can die a happy man. In fact, there's a chance I might accidentally kill myself with either alcohol poisoning or crystallized blood.

Loved Germany, especially the beer. I didn't spend the majority of my time in Berlin. I hit up Munich, Dresden, Cologne and Hamburg. Dresden was my favorite.

I'll go back some day.

I went to Dresden too and I thought it was nice but a bit quiet. Frankfurt is what I'm most looking forward to when I go again!

I found it rather dreary. Lot of dark history (Nazism, the Cold War, etc). Good food though.

I was stationed in Germany and went to Berlin for New Years (2002 I think it was). It was extremely cold , but I still had one of the best times of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"