Age of Extinction When will we see...

raisethe3

Legion of Boom
Reaction score
After viewing some of the G1 cartoon, it got me thinking after 4 movies, when will we see big giant robots such as combiners like Menasor (Stunticons) vs Defensor (Protectobots) or Bruticus (Combaticons) vs Superion (Arielbots), etc? I mean come on, ROTF Devastator was a horrible interpretation. One laser canon took him out? Not buying it. Also, not to mention it was ugly.

You guys think will be introduce in the 5 or 6 film? Or will it needs a reboot to do it?

I wouldn't mind seeing Mensor or Bruticus.

Only problem is, how the movie will introduce them. How much screen time will they get. Also what about budget? I mean these guys are a total of 10, which is quite a lot ready.

Than introduce only one combiner team, and have the autobots work together to take them down.

I feel as though, aside from the horrible story and characters, the creative team behind RotF actually had some cool ideas. They just weren't allowed to be cool in practice, instead swept under the rug for said horribleness. One such cool idea might have been involvement of Devastator. Like, an actual fight, instead of a slight scuffle with racist twins, a testicles joke, and an instant kill from an OP military weapon that is never mentioned again.

But even if the writing of RotF was considerably better, the designs back then were just sooooo needlessly complex. Allegedly, rendering Devastator set fire to a processor or something. Just because he's a bunch of robots mixed together, doesn't mean he needs to be a visual (and rendering) mess. That alone probably makes him too expensive for a great battle scene.

If the designs are simplified enough (and I feel that AoE took a step in the right direction with the robot designs, hopefully they continue down that path) then we could not only get a great Combiner team, but a great 'boss battle' on-screen.

In DOTM I was actually hoping that Patrick Dempsey's collection of cars would turn out to be Stunticons, in fact there were even rumors of that going on, such a waste right there.

We had to wait four movies just to get Dinobots in name only that I'm thinking the next movie won't have room for any combiners.

In DOTM I was actually hoping that Patrick Dempsey's collection of cars would turn out to be Stunticons, in fact there were even rumors of that going on, such a waste right there.

We had to wait four movies just to get Dinobots in name only that I'm thinking the next movie won't have room for any combiners.

I kind of agree. I mean look at this now, we're 4 movies in and no mention of any combiners? How long will it take? Reboot the series?

It won't happen in the next movie for sure, but maybe only hints, but by then its possible to bring them in for the 6th movie. But again, like someone have told me, too many characters popping on-screen isn't such a great idea. Will either need to kill off some characters or not have them return at all.

Since the TF 4 hype was all for the Dinobots, they'll surely need something new to draw for Transformers 5, assuming Unicron will be it for the 6th film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"