Where Are the Black Superhero Movies?

I just bought Blade 1 to complete my DVD collection. It would be shame if the next black superhero couldn't match that release.

ookami said:
Only inbred hicks below the Mason Dixon.:mad:
Florida native, thank you.
Geographically we may be part of the "South", but most Floridians are relativly open-minded, well educated indivduals, branded with an unfortunate stigma thanks to a small minority of rednecks, mostly in the areas bordering Alabama and Georgia.

CHEZ said:
Check this out, sounds freakin' awesome:

http://www.the-sons-of-liberty.com

It is so cool, I can't even believe it!

What does this website have to do with the discussion about Black Superhero Movies?

Perhaps some Black superheroes can be invented, a la Meteor Man, for the silver screen instead of solely using preestablished characters for inspiration?

Of course, if that route is pursued, I would want a more serious treatment than Meteor Man. The movie had a nice theme about values and community, and an anti-drug/gang message but it was way too campy.

lol@ Meteor Man being a choice. Funny movie when I was 12 but lets keep it real. Nah, look Black Panther can work or alternativley make a Green Latern movie using John Stewart.

Super_Ludacris said:
lol@ Meteor Man being a choice. Funny movie when I was 12 but lets keep it real. Nah, look Black Panther can work or alternativley make a Green Latern movie using John Stewart.
A GL movie with Stewart would have fanboys ranting about how they're just using him to appeal to the "urban" market and being politically correct and hip. Even though he's had some of the best stories in the books. :o

Then those idiots should dig in there collection, look at those stories that John was in and have a coke and a smile and shut the **** up

terry78 said:
A GL movie with Stewart would have fanboys ranting about how they're just using him to appeal to the "urban" market and being politically correct and hip. Even though he's had some of the best stories in the books. :o

Straight truth. :up:

I'd like to see what could be done with Night Thrasher and Brother VooDoo.

deemar325 said:
I'd like to see what could be done with Night Thrasher and Brother VooDoo.

Brother Vodoo was supposed to have his own show on the UPN network, which was in development according to Wizard magazine. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of the project, I'm curious as to what might've happend it and what it would mainly focus on. As for a film, I'd like to see one after a Black Panther film is made. Or, possibly before.

Red Mask said:
At least Marvel has some black superheroes. Don't expect any from DC.

Cyborg
the Herald
Bumblebee
Green Lantern (John Stewart)
Steel (John Henry Irons)
Steel (Natasha Irons)
Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt)
Jakeem Thunder
Onyx
Orpheus
Bloodwynd
Vixen
Black Lightning
Thunder
the Spectre (Crispus Allen)
Firestorm (Jason Rusch)
Dr. Midnight
the Crimson Avenger (???)
Amazing Man (Will Everet)
Amazing Man (Will Everet Jr.)

DC does have African-American superheroes, just none of them deserve a movie.

hippie_hunter said:
Cyborg
the Herald
Bumblebee
Steel (John Henry Irons)
Steel (Natasha Irons)
Jakeem Thunder
Onyx
Orpheus
Bloodwynd (Was actually Martian Manhunter.)
Vixen
Black Lightning
Thunder
Firestorm (Jason Rusch)
Dr. Midnight

Joto (Former Teen Titan.)

Mr.Terrific could make a good movie.

Lightning Strikez! said:
Agreed.

And technically speaking, Luke Cage has the appeal for the mainstream so I don't see why a silver screen adaptation wouldn't work--with the proper script, direction and actor of course.

But I'm still banking on T'Challa--I think if done right a Black Panther film set in the heart of Africa would be extremely successful. I envision a Troy or Alexander-type treatment...something epic and huge. With Djimon Hounsou of course playing the title character.

I agree. I'd like to see Djimon Honshou in the role of the Black Panther. He's got the build, the look, and definitely carries himself with an air of regality that would be great for the character. Whenever I see him, it's like he's channeling T'Challa in his movies. He was born for that role, IMO.

I'm interested in seeing John Singleton's take on Luke Cage as well. Tyrese should be good in the role. Is he still the official candidate for that film?

dpm07 said:
I'm interested in seeing John Singleton's take on Luke Cage as well. Tyrese should be good in the role. Is he still the official candidate for that film?

Tyrese is the biggest reason why I dread the Luke Cage film. :down

hippie_hunter said:
Cyborg
the Herald
Bumblebee
Steel (John Henry Irons)
Steel (Natasha Irons)
Jakeem Thunder
Onyx
Orpheus
Bloodwynd
Vixen
Black Lightning
Thunder
Firestorm (Jason Rusch)
Dr. Midnight

What am I - a friggin' record player? I meant DC's black superheroes would not make it to the silver screen! That's similar to what you said! I know DC's has black superheroes!

DarKush said:
What does this website have to do with the discussion about Black Superhero Movies?

Sorry, I just thought people might be interested to know about these black superheroes. To me, that would be one of the coolest superhero movies ever.
It looks awesome. I'm going to email them to find out if they are going to make a movie or animated film.

Red Mask said:
What am I - a friggin' record player? I meant DC's black superheroes would not make it to the silver screen! That's similar to what you said! I know DC's has black superheroes!
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

tamron said:
Tyrese is the biggest reason why I dread the Luke Cage film. :down

Amen!!! Why didn't the studio just go with the Rock or LL?? Luke Cage is going to make about 20 million domestically, I'd be surprised if it passes 30 million at the box office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"