Civil War Where does Civil War rank in your top 5 MCU films (NO SPOILERS)

My friend described Thor 2 as the naïve 12 year old son that doesn't yet realise the true evils of the world or understand what love is.

My friend described Thor 2 as the naïve 12 year old son that doesn't yet realise the true evils of the world or understand what love is.

All the Thor movies are the nice but strange kids your second spouse brought into the marriage that look absolutely nothing like you and you feel kind of weird whenever they're around.

I like to think of Iron Man 3 as the successful child who ended up in jail for eco-terrorism and is adamant they did it all for the greater good.

My top 5:

Civil War
Winter Soldier
Ironman
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers

It's always weird to me to see people rank the first Avengers so low since I think it's easily the best overall MCU movie.

I'm curious to those who have seen CW -- which MCU movie is it most similar to in style or tone? It feels like TWS meets the Avengers based on the trailers. I'm pretty excited.

It's always weird to me to see people rank the first Avengers so low since I think it's easily the best overall MCU movie.

I'm curious to those who have seen CW -- which MCU movie is it most similar to in style or tone? It feels like TWS meets the Avengers based on the trailers. I'm pretty excited.

Tonally it's very much a continuation of Winter Soldier with a little bit of Avengers peppered in at certain parts. But I'd say mostly Winter Soldier.

1. Civil War
2. Winter Soldier
3. The Avengers
4. Ant-Man
5. GOTG

So where's the love for The First Avenger?

I'll probably take anyone opinion to heart if CA:TFA is their favorite MCU film. It's mine so far, so I'd like to see how Civil War ranks...

I didn't care for Winter Soldier as much, a 7.5-8/10 at most. I'm wondering if I will be swept away with Civil War as much as I used to be with the MCU films. They've become stale to me, since Iron Man 3.

So far

1. The Incredible Hulk - 10/10
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 10/10
  3. The Avengers - 10/10
  4. Iron Man 3 - 9/10
  5. Iron Man - 9/10
Civil War better be there.

Allaya TIH haters get this from me
1407225932091_wps_6_SANTA_MONICA_CA_AUGUST_04.jpg

So far

1. The Incredible Hulk - 10/10
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 10/10
  3. The Avengers - 10/10
  4. Iron Man 3 - 9/10
  5. Iron Man - 9/10
Civil War better be there.

Allaya TIH haters get this from me
1407225932091_wps_6_SANTA_MONICA_CA_AUGUST_04.jpg

Or else? I never understood why people put a movie through the grinder before seeing it and making a list of requirements putting too much pressure on themselves. CW doesn't have to be anything. It doesn't have to be better than TWS, it doesn't have to be the best MCU movie. it just needs to be good.

Why don't we start from there hm?

Or else? I never understood why people put a movie through the grinder before seeing it and making a list of requirements putting too much pressure on themselves.
There is no or else, I just want it to be there.

This movie took an event no one wanted or expected to see adapted in the MCU, and made it a Captain America movie.
Though there is a lot of positive buzz about it from critics and fans alike, I want to love a movie based on a character I like more than I enjoy a movie about a number of characters I generally have no interest in (Guardians of the Galaxy), or a show about a character I only care for cause of connection to a character I enjoy (Jessica Jones)

1. Captain America: The Winter Solider
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. The Avengers
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. Iron Man 3

1. Captain America 3: Civil War
2. Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier
3. Marvel's The Avengers
4. Iron Man
5. Guardians of the Galaxy

Honorable Mention: Ant Man

1 - Iron Man
2 - Captain America: Civil War
3 - Avengers
4 - Iron Man 3
5 - Captain America: Winter Soldier

1. Civil War
2. The Winter Soldier
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Iron Man
5. The Avengers

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. The Avengers
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Iron Man

as for top superhero movies of all time.

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Batman Begins
3. The Avengers
4. The Dark Knight
5. X-Men 2

1 Winter soldier
2 civil war
3 iron man
4 avengers
5 antmaaaan

1. Iron Man
2. Guardians
3. Avengers
4. Civil War
5. Winter Solider

I loved CW by the way :)

1) Cap 3
2) Cap 2
3) Ant man/iron man 3/iron man/ avengers

1. Civil War
2. TWS
3. Guardians
4. Avengers
5. Iron Man

1. Civil War
2. The Avengers
3. Iron Man
4. Winter Soldier

...the rest are all much of a muchness for me.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. The Avengers
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. Iron Man

2 & 3 may flip flop after I see CW for a second time. At this point there is no movie in the MCU as complete and well-rounded as The Winter Soldier.

I would say 2. Winter Soldier I feel works better because it's more streamlined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"