• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Where is all the HULK art?

Find a picture you want. Right click it until you see the little box that says "properties" at the bottom.

Click it

This will give you a box that has a URL address. Copy the address, by high lighting it and right clicking it and selecting copy. Then when you post there is a picture of, I wanna say a mountain or a sun, click it and a box will pop up. Right click into the box paste. It will then past the address of the picture.
 
DACMAN's method is called hotlinking and it is not cool. You're stealing another person's bandwidth when you hotlink. Wiki it for an in depth explanation.

The way to host a picture on a board like this that doesn't support html is as follows.
1) save the picture to your hard drive
2) go to imageshack.us
3) browse/upload the picture
4) the successful upload page will generate a miriad of options, feel free to use any of these to post a picture however --

5) the last option is the direct link to the picture, copy that and paste it in your reponse field here in between this code: <img>your direct link to the picute here</img> replace <> with these: []

-- the bonus with number five is that accidentally clicking the picture won't redirect people to imageshack's site
 
Either way you're going to "take" a picture that's not your own. It's all the same. Ones just less work.
 
No, it's not the same. I'm not trying to make this personal but hotlinking is stealing bandwidth. Whomever owns the site has to pay for those images being viewed, even if they're viewed here "off-site". That has nothing to do with artists/content rights. That's a completely separate issue.
 
drastic_quench said:
No, it's not the same. I'm not trying to make this personal but hotlinking is stealing bandwidth. Whomever owns the site has to pay for those images being viewed, even if they're viewed here "off-site". That has nothing to do with artists/content rights. That's a completely separate issue.
But if you do it your way, aren't you taking their picture they posted, and then just moving it somewhere else it can be seen? At least my way if they take theirs down, mine will go down, they still own it. Your way you actually have taken their picture. You now have their picture whether or not they take their's down. The way I do it leads people back to their page. It still gives credit to them for the image. Mines like taking a picture of a nice paiting and showing it off with the location and name of the mueseum. Your's is making a fake paiting off of the real one and calling it your own.
 
DACMAN said:
But if you do it your way, aren't you taking their picture they posted, and then just moving it somewhere else it can be seen? At least my way if they take theirs down, mine will go down, they still own it. Your way you actually have taken their picture. You now have their picture whether or not they take their's down. The way I do it leads people back to their page. It still gives credit to them for the image. Mines like taking a picture of a nice paiting and showing it off with the location and name of the mueseum. Your's is making a fake paiting off of the real one and calling it your own.
If were still talking about pictures of the Hulk here, very few of them are hosted on the artists' site. They're on other fan/comic sites that don't have any rights or permission to display them either.
 
SUPERBENITEZ said:
Dale Keown rules when it comes to the Hulk. I rate him higher than Deodato in terms of drawing a great Hulk.

Thats some awesome pencil rendering. :up:

Does anyone know how to get a good print of this? This is just outstanding work.
 
This is the picture I was wanting a good print of.

keownhulk7vr.jpg
 
Here are some recent John Byrne commissions of the Hulk:



Avengers3.jpg




HulkFight-Fini.jpg



Hulk600.jpg



DCvsMarvel.jpg


Hulk.jpg
 
SUPERBENITEZ said:
Dale Keown rules when it comes to the Hulk. I rate him higher than Deodato in terms of drawing a great Hulk.

Thats some awesome pencil rendering. :up:

I second that, Dale Keown is THE master at drawing the Hulk. He also draws one nasty PITT also :word:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,758
Messages
21,803,530
Members
45,625
Latest member
WarMachine95
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"