World which actor resembles the character best??

dodo

Civilian
Reaction score
which of these do you think resembles the x-men character best??

I'd say Stewart or Cudmore. I always thought that Wolverine should be more rugged (almost ugly). Jackman is too handsome. But it doesn't matter since he does a good job as Wolvie anyways. And McKellen is just too old and thin for Magneto. But, yet again, it doesn't matter.

I'd have to agree with Hercules on all of what he said. Magneto is scrawny, which the comic book version was not. Jackman doesn't even resemble the furosity of Wolverine, and is too calm.

Patrick Stewart can literally play almost any role that involves a middle to old age male, he just some how matches the criterion.

Cudmore has the height, and matches with the hair. When I read Astonishing X-Men, I definitely saw Cudmore.

I'd say Stewart. He portrays Xavier perfectly, not only in dialogue, but in appearance.

Cudmore looked good for the role of Colossus, but I did miss the Russian accent.

Tin_Man said:
I'd say Stewart. He portrays Xavier perfectly, not only in dialogue, but in appearance.

Cudmore looked good for the role of Colossus, but I did miss the Russian accent.

Did he even talk in the movie? All I remember was him carrying the girl, turn into metal, and there was his 5 seconds of fame.

A total of four words: "I can help you."

Wolverine then told him to help the kids.

Tin_Man said:
A total of four words: "I can help you."

Wolverine then told him to help the kids.

Should've added "Tovarich" in there :p

Patrick Stewart is the obvious choice. Even Wizard chose him a long time ago in one of their casting calls before an X-Men movie was ever announced. Hugh Jackman does a good job. His hair is very well done, and I didn't think it was goign to be possible. However he is too tall. Wolverine is very short. But given the appearence of Wolverine in th books, it wouldn't seem fitting for such a tough guy to be shorter than everybody else, including some of the younger team members. So maybe they weren't going for accuracy of size but accuracy of how the character is portrayed. I think Halle could look more like Storm if they just stopped using freaking wigs. They have blonde hair dye that looks pretty much white. Not that I have a problem with wigs, but her hair looks fake in every scene. It is too obvious that it is a wig. They need to take a page from the Spidey movies. Dunst rocked a wig in the first flick, but they dyed her hair in the second one. They should just learn from that example.

Storm always had a kind of wisdom about her... I just don't get that feeling with Halle playing her. She looks the part, but the whole "angry at everyone" attitude just doesn't suit Storm. (The parts I am referring to are her exchanges with Nightcrawler in X2)

I voted for Cudmore/Collossus. I'm kind of surprised that so many people are voting for Patrick Stewart/Professor X. Take most average Hollywood actors and shave their head and you'd get the same effect. :confused:

Philly Phanboy said:
I voted for Cudmore/Collossus. I'm kind of surprised that so many people are voting for Patrick Stewart/Professor X. Take most average Hollywood actors and shave their head and you'd get the same effect. :confused:

What he said.

I voted Famke as Jean. While Famke is taller and older than comic Jean (seven inches taller than her 1960-1980 height, five inches taller than her 1980-2000 height, and three inches taller than her current height), she has several other qualities in her favor. Of course, the artist you choose to use in your argument plays a huge role, since there are several to choose from. Irregardless of artistic license, however, Jean is supposed to have very long legs, highly arched eyebrows, a longer and somewhat square face with sharp features, a high waistline and side parted hair. Famke has very long legs, highly arched eyebrows, a longer and somewhat square face with sharp features, a high waistline and side parted hair. That's good enough for me.

Philly Phanboy said:

It's more than that; it's his acting style. There are others who could pull off Xavier, but I very much doubt anyone couls surpass Stewart. He makes you believe that he is the Xavier of the comics.

Well, since I don't really know who "famkee jansenn", "rebeca rojmin stamos", and "david cudmore" are, I went with Patrick Stewart.

Well, that and the fact that he has always been the perfect person for that role, even before the movies came out. It's not just the way he looks, but his voice commands a certain respect that is very Xavier-esque.

Quing said:
Well, since I don't really know who "famkee jansenn", "rebeca rojmin stamos", and "david cudmore" are, I went with Patrick Stewart.

Well, that and the fact that he has always been the perfect person for that role, even before the movies came out. It's not just the way he looks, but his voice commands a certain respect that is very Xavier-esque.

Jansen played Jean Grey. Stamos played Mystique and Cudmore played Colossus. So if you have ever seen X2, then you should at least know the faces, without the names.

...Yes...thank you for clarifying... :rolleyes:

There is no need for sarcasm. I assume that if you have seen the movies, the connection would be obvious. It was you who said you didn't really know who those actors/actresses are. So I simpmly clarified by letting you know who they played in the movie. If that wasn't clear enough because you haven't actually seen the movies, then you only need say so. Just because this is the internet, doesn't mean one must sacrafice their civility. I was only trying to be helpful...

Xavier or collossos,never been a fan of mckellen as mags.

Arach Knight said:
There is no need for sarcasm. I assume that if you have seen the movies, the connection would be obvious. It was you who said you didn't really know who those actors/actresses are. So I simpmly clarified by letting you know who they played in the movie. If that wasn't clear enough because you haven't actually seen the movies, then you only need say so. Just because this is the internet, doesn't mean one must sacrafice their civility. I was only trying to be helpful...

My point (which started off as a little bit of a joke but has now somehow escalated into something much more vulgar) was that the actors' names are Famke Janssen, Rebecca Romijn, and Daniel Cudmore.

Oh right...it was a spelling error joke. Sorry, but internet sarcasm can be hard to read since it lacks body language...

I voted for Cudmore but totally forgot about Stewart when i did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"