Sequels Who should play Parker/Spidey for the next 3 movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly i feel that those who don't think tobey is good enough are just basing that off the fact that the majority of ppl didn't like SM3 and didn't like his performance in spidey 3, me personally i think he did great in all of them...
and for those who say he isn;'t physically fit..that's just plain stupid....every time a spidey movie comes out he does a crapload of stuff just to get fit for the role....
Tobey was one of the best actors in Spidey 3, imo. He showed how good he can be.
He just needs to recover his body from Spidey 1.

For the Spider-Man franchise reboot

James Mcavoy as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
CANCER_0003.jpg

Gemma Arterton as Mary-Jane Watson
Gemma-Arterton-quantum-of-solace-2712584-280-457.jpg

Dominic Purcell as Eddie Brock/Venom
dominic-purcell-john-doe-001.jpg

For the Spider-Man franchise reboot

James Mcavoy as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
CANCER_0003.jpg

Gemma Arterton as Mary-Jane Watson
Gemma-Arterton-quantum-of-solace-2712584-280-457.jpg

Dominic Purcell as Eddie Brock/Venom
dominic-purcell-john-doe-001.jpg

Sounds good, not too sure about Dominic yet.

I think spider-man should go on. The funny thing to me is that no one complains that james bond has a zillion movies, Yet everyone goes and sees them, And they change the lead character all the time, So why cant spider-man go on?

That's because most Bond movies don't depend on others since they're not sequels.

Last edited:
I still want Tobey do be Spidey in the next movies...

Gemma, I like. Not to sure about her as MJ though.

Edit: There we go! Finally someone who could play Tobey and looks like him!

I want the next Peter to get as far away from the Tobey stereotype that is plauging the Spider-man movies as possible. Tobey has never been Peter Parker. Heath Ledger and Christian Bale disappeared into the roles of Bruce Wayne and Joker, but Tobey has always been Tobey immitating a geeky guy who doesn't even act like Peter of the comics.

I don't know, I've read Spider-man for over ten years and I have never seen Peter Parker in Tobey's portrail of him. I certainly hope they fix this before we see Peter totally redefined in the movies for all time.

By the way, if you want a spot on characterization of Peter look at the 90s cartoon, that had him nailed perfectly. Look at that character and look at Tobey's Peter, very different. Tobey was ok with Peter in the first movie considering he was still a young adolescent teen... the problem was that his Peter was stuck that way through all 3 movies, it never developed into the Peter that we saw emerge after he got used to being Spider-man.

I'm sorry, but was James' role in Wanted Tobey-ish?

Think, McFly, Think!

Here is my cast for the upcoming Spidey Movies
SM4-Tobey Macguire/Kirsten Dunst
SM5/SM6-John Krasinski/ Daneel Harris
Reboot-Bret Harrison,Mary Elizabeth Winestead

Last edited:
Sony!

Please hire Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Peter Parker.

He's the real deal.

Top 10 reasons Joseph Gordon-Levitt is perfect to play Peter Parker/Spidey

1) Humor - This is an important part of the character that has been missing. Peter Parker can be funny but when he puts on the costume he becomes alot more extroverted. He's playful, whimsical, and sharp tongued. JGL can also nail this part. He's had years of experience doing witty jokes at others expense on 3rd Rock from the Sun.

2) Acting Range - JGL was critically acclaimed for his roles in The Lookout (watch this movie now! It's one of the best this year!) and Brick. He brings credibility to the role and spit wise cracks one minute be tormented and heart broken the next then go right back to being the spirited Peter Parker we all know and love.

3) The Titanic effect - The guy may be dorky in some ways but he's definitely a heart-throb. If you want the Spider-man movies to make over a billion cast a guy that teenage girls will fall in love with like they did with Leonardo DiCaprio and go see the movie twenty times.

4) Brown Eyes - ok this isn't really a huge deal but it's a pet peeve. I always thought Peter Parker had brown eyes in 90% of the comics so it doesn't hurt that JGL has brown eyes.

5) Body Type - Spider-man is lanky but toned, kind of what you'd expect from someone who mimics an arachnids in certain ways. Spidey was never short and stubby. He looked like this:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ynvd33

6) Nerdy but disarmingly charming - Peter Parker was always a nerdy guy but he's one of those nerds girls like cause their sweet and have puppy dog eyes even if they're a dorky bookworm on the the inside. It's hard to hate the guy because he's the ultimate underdog with a heart of gold. Gyllenhaal may be too hunky and well known to melt into the role and play a bookworm effectively.

7) Cheap and Available - Gyllenhaal may be too tied up in other roles and demand a higher salary for a 3 movie contract. JGL is a lower profile actor so Sony could save tens of millions for the next 3 Spidey movies.

8) Believable as a Scientific Prodigy - Yes Parker is very smart. Not Reed Richards smart or even Tony Stark smart but smart enough that he could keep conversation with them regarding most science and he can match wits with New Yorks greatest criminal minds when need be. Again Gyllenhaal is a bit to hunky and somewhat dopey looking to play a prodigy. JGL would own this aspect of the role. He can play witty, brainy nerds with easy and will make it all look natural.

9) No gay jokes - Yes if you cast Gyllenhaal be prepared for an onslaught of ridicule and mockery. The term Brokeback Spider-man will get old but stick with the franchise for quite sometime. Joseph Gordon-Levitt has no baggage that could distract audiences from the character.

10) Blending into the role - Gyllenhaal is well known and this will prevent audiences from becoming completely immersed in the movie. Audiences will see Donnie Darko, or the son from The Day After Tomorrow, or that dude from the gay cowboy movie. JGL will become Peter Parker the same way Christopher Reeve became Superman to most people rather than an actor playing Superman. This makes a huge difference in how much people accept the world these characters inhibit.

This

Humor[/B] - This is an important part of the character that has been missing. Peter Parker can be funny but when he puts on the costume he becomes alot more extroverted. He's playful, whimsical, and sharp tongued. JGL can also nail this part. He's had years of experience doing witty jokes at others expense on 3rd Rock from the Sun.

2) Acting Range - JGL was critically acclaimed for his roles in The Lookout (watch this movie now! It's one of the best this year!) and Brick. He brings credibility to the role and spit wise cracks one minute be tormented and heart broken the next then go right back to being the spirited Peter Parker we all know and love.

3) The Titanic effect - The guy may be dorky in some ways but he's definitely a heart-throb. If you want the Spider-man movies to make over a billion cast a guy that teenage girls will fall in love with like they did with Leonardo DiCaprio and go see the movie twenty times.

4) Brown Eyes - ok this isn't really a huge deal but it's a pet peeve. I always thought Peter Parker had brown eyes in 90% of the comics so it doesn't hurt that JGL has brown eyes.

5) Body Type - Spider-man is lanky but toned, kind of what you'd expect from someone who mimics an arachnids in certain ways. Spidey was never short and stubby. He looked like this:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ynvd33

6) Nerdy but disarmingly charming - Peter Parker was always a nerdy guy but he's one of those nerds girls like cause their sweet and have puppy dog eyes even if they're a dorky bookworm on the the inside. It's hard to hate the guy because he's the ultimate underdog with a heart of gold. Gyllenhaal may be too hunky and well known to melt into the role and play a bookworm effectively.

7) Cheap and Available - Gyllenhaal may be too tied up in other roles and demand a higher salary for a 3 movie contract. JGL is a lower profile actor so Sony could save tens of millions for the next 3 Spidey movies.

8) Believable as a Scientific Prodigy - Yes Parker is very smart. Not Reed Richards smart or even Tony Stark smart but smart enough that he could keep conversation with them regarding most science and he can match wits with New Yorks greatest criminal minds when need be. Again Gyllenhaal is a bit to hunky and somewhat dopey looking to play a prodigy. JGL would own this aspect of the role. He can play witty, brainy nerds with easy and will make it all look natural.

9) No gay jokes - Yes if you cast Gyllenhaal be prepared for an onslaught of ridicule and mockery. The term Brokeback Spider-man will get old but stick with the franchise for quite sometime. Joseph Gordon-Levitt has no baggage that could distract audiences from the character.

10) Blending into the role - Gyllenhaal is well known and this will prevent audiences from becoming completely immersed in the movie. Audiences will see Donnie Darko, or the son from The Day After Tomorrow, or that dude from the gay cowboy movie. JGL will become Peter Parker the same way Christopher Reeve became Superman to most people rather than an actor playing Superman. This makes a huge difference in how much people accept the world these characters inhibit.

Sorry I meant this:cwink:

I wouldn't mind Eisenberg.

He's better than Cera in those awkward, nerdy roles. 10000x better IMO. He was awesome in Adventureland and decent in Zombieland.

Get him down the gym and I think he'd be a cool Spider-Man.

Looking back, after the trilogy, I would've cast JG as Peter Parker in a soft reboot of sorts where the previous continuity remains in tact but everything goes differently from that point.

So, for starters:

MTV+TRL+Presents+Jake+Gyllenhaal+jYj5prGTTS5l.jpg

as this:

peterparkerteacher.jpg

with an actual quippy Spider-Man.

No Mary Jane but mentions that she's off modeling while Peter and her are on a break in their relationship. Aunt May would still be around (recast with Meryl Streep or Helen Mirren) as would JJJ (keep JK or recast), and I'd have The Lizard be the villain for the film. At some point during the film, Peter will tell Aunt May the truth.

From there, MJ returns in the sequel and Peter and MJ rekindle their love for one another with another haven't-seen-villain debuting and Peter proposing with MJ accepting near the end of the film. The threequel would have Peter and MJ getting married with another haven't-seen-villain debuting.

All would've been really based around the JMS run with some changes here-or-there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"