Homecoming Which Avenger would you like in the movie and in what capacity?

Well with the news on how the did screen tests on how spidey would work with Steve and tony actors. It's most likely be either of them. Along with the new Kevin interview on how deal works between ms and sony it's not out of the window.

Essentially repeating what I said a page back, heck will freeze over before Robert Downey Jr. appears in one of Sony's solo Spider-Man films.

In the Sony e-mails Pascal specifically wanted to know if a deal meant they could have Iron Man or Cap. Ike replied that it would help out Sony but wouldn't do much for Marvel.

Pascal knows full well what RDJ costs and she also knows what RDJ as IM brings at the box office and she still wants him.

RDJ's salary is huge because they negotiated for a % of the box office. Neither knew at time how big it would be. I'm pretty sure Sony would sign on for the same deal because the bigger RDJ's salary is means the bigger their box office is.

Whether it happens will be dependent not only with a negotiation with Marvel but the actors who have very specific contacts.

First film, Daredevil, as I'd personally like to see Kingpin as the villain.
Second, Captain America, as Spidey matures and better understands the challenge he faces, he turns to Cap for guidance.
Third. Go big or go home! Hulk time. Because, quite frankly, something akin to this has to be committed to film.

If the third film includes Rhino, bringing in the Hulk as a big gun to help Spidey would be perfect. Allow for some comedic moments between Hulk and Spidey as well as action packed fights with Hulk and Spidey double teaming Rhino.

Spidey team up with hulk against rhino would be cool. And since it's not likely hulk have a solo any time soon. I bet we will be seeing ruffalo contract appearances spread between avengers films and probably a few others solo films. He has whst like 5 more appearances left I think on his current contract.

And of course I def want to see dd and kingpin at some point. But for this solo counting on where things go in civil war. It's more as much as we may not like it be cap or tony.

Iron Man

Colonel Rhodes but only like a hi and bye type thing maybe in the car with Stark at one point

Black Widow for a quick cameo type scene

And I'd really like Sam L Jackson to show up. Ultimate Fury & Spider-Man was great to read back in the day... Second only to Ultimate Spider-Man and Shadowcat

tumblr_m7e54sIsSZ1rwqom1o1_500.png

Loved Fury. Hoping he appears in it if not the sequel.

There's a rumour that
Black Widow
may appear in Homecoming.

There's a rumour that
Black Widow
may appear in Homecoming.
Spider Connection? Even tho widow isn't a Spider like Peter. Even so, in the event such happens hoping for an MJ reference. Peter saying "You remind me of a redhead I knew.".

The funny thing is that they have good excuses for the Avengers not showing up to solve problems in this movie. Red Tape and the UN being slow to give clearance. And the other Avengers being wanted criminals. Iron Man probably limited to giving Peter advice on how to solve things since he's outside the structure right now.

Black Widow could be a good option. Her position is actually pretty vague since she did play both sides a bit in CW. Could show up for a quick cameo for some reason. Not sure I buy the rumor though.

The rumor came from a dumb tweet that the dude himself said didnt mean anything

None. We'll see him with most of them next year in Civil War and then Inifnity Wars the two years after the solo film

Same. Spider-Man movies should only feature Spider-Man and his supporting characters not other heroes. Leave the team-up stuff for the team movies

Last edited:
Same. Spider-Man movies should feature Spider-Man and his supporting characters not other heroes

That's boring and there are 5 movies with that.

This will be the best Marvel movie ever and a big reason is the MCU connection

Technically there's 3 movies and 2 movies. Being broken by the reboot ceased the continuation of the characters progression but I take your point of all 5 being spider-man movies not spider-man and other heroes movies

Since this won't likely be rebooted again so they can now develop the supporting characters more. Instead of adding in non-Spidey characters who are already developed they should focus on using that screen-time on developing the supporting characters, of which the Spider-Man franchise has tons of known and already beloved characters to utilise.

I'd much rather see Flash develop from Bully to friend to Soldier to Veteran to superhero than see a slew of interchangeable cameos of non-Spidey characters over the next few films.

IMO Spider-Man 2 remains the best Marvel movie as it has near-perfect mix of amazing action, shifting tone, romance, character depth, supporting roles each with their own small arcs and great drama and performances.

Last edited:
Spider-Man, in 100% capacity....what technically he was an Avenger....in the comics. :D

I'd really love it if Black Widow appeared at some point, and Peter was taken aback by her beauty and became flustered. :hehe:

I'd really love it if Black Widow appeared at some point, and Peter was taken aback by her beauty and became flustered. :hehe:
"I'm sorry, you remind me of a redhead I know." :funny:

I think we'll get some cut Black Panther, Black Widow, Iron Man, War Machine, Vision, Spider-Man scenes pre air port arrival from Spider-Man's perspective

I think we'll get some cut Black Panther, Black Widow, Iron Man, War Machine, Vision, Spider-Man scenes pre air port arrival from Spider-Man's perspective

Depends on whether Marvel/Sony would have to pay the actors IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"