Which do you prefer? Green Lantern or Green Lantern Corps?

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by SpandexFan, Jan 10, 2008.

?

Which Green Lantern title do you enjoy the most?

1. Green Lantern

2. Green Lantern Corps

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SpandexFan Registered

I just want to know if I'm the only one who enjoys reading GLC more than GL? Obviously when they're all tied into something like Sinestro it's a moot point, but when they have their own storylines, frankly, I've enjoyed GLC far more than GL. Hal Jordan, while he has his moments, has always been a mildly boring character to me. I enjoy the more diverse, colorful personalities covered in GLC. I guess GL is the one who gets hardcover trade paperbacks, usually only reserved for the best sellers, but I think I value my GLC collection more. :o

2. GoldenAgeHero Registered

dear god...close thread.

3. SpandexFan Registered

:huh:

4. cerealkiller182 Must Get Deadpool Avatar

I like GLC better. I like the corps aspect of the GL myth more than any of the solo characters.

5. Kenda Man Registered

The Green Lantern series is cool, but I like Green Lantern corps better. I like seeing more of the unknown corps members get their turn in the spot light. I feel like GLC is an expansion to the Green Lantern comics, it just adds more to the Green Lantern background.

I also like Gardner getting the attention he gets in the book. I'm partial also to Patrick Gleason's artwork, its stylized and I like the use of his shadows.

6. BrianWilly Disciple of Whedon

Corps. It's been incredibly well-written right from the outset.

7. Aristotle Registered

Ah, GAH, you're a real comfort, you know that? The world around me's going to hell, I'm an alcoholic, school's crushing me, and a couple personal things are really going to hell, but amid the turbulence stands one solid monolith, unchanging in the winds of change and strife. And that monolith, that unshakeable rock of sameness, is you.

8. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

I'm really loving the Green Lantern books right now, but I gotta give Green Lantern Corps the top spot for the reason what Kendra Man said. It really expands upon the Green Lantern mythos and gives a lot of no names the chance to shine as opposed to just Alan Scott, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, and Hal Jordan. We get Isamot Kol, Kilowog, Salaak, Mogo, Sodam Yat, Guy Gardner, Soranik Natu, and Kyle Rayner in this book. What's not to love. And the attention Guy Gardner gets is cool too, I never really cared too much for him until this book.

Green Lantern, while great, comes off as more of a traditional superhero comic like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash.

9. The_Mighty_Thor Stay thy hand troll!

I never really got into the corps. But I love the solo book.

10. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

GLC is vastly superior. :up:

11. Anubis Sup?

GLC is better at the moment.

12. GoldenAgeHero Registered

going to have to disagree, of course this your opinion, but its sorely biased.

GLC was really good when geoff was co-writing. when gleason went solo the book was good but then it got pretty damn average pretty quicly ever since guy had his own story arc.

At the moment the two GL books are alright..although if you want to continue reading the fallout from the sinestro corps war the GL solo title is where you should be, else either book would suffice.

13. GoldenAgeHero Registered

:huh::huh:

14. Mee 2 E's are better than 1

I'm partial to Sky Blue Lantern :o

15. Arkady Rossovich Registered

I'm curious about this also.I hear the GL line is being written really well,and is worth the money currently..

16. GoldenAgeHero Registered

depends on what you want? if you wnat to read about the fallput from the sinestro coprs war then read GL. If not then by GLC. or both.

17. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

You're pretty biased for GL yourself. Hal is your personal Lord and Savior, with Johns and probably Satan making up the rest of your twisted trinity. :o

GLC is going to be dealing with the fallout of the Sinestro Corps War too, by the way. Really, the more accurate way of differentiating between the two titles is: if you want to read about a single Green Lantern on Earth dealing with various things, read GL; if you want to read about the rest of the Corps on Oa and throughout space, read GLC.

18. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Yes it is. I highly recommend both Green Lantern books right now.

19. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Gleason is an artist.:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

20. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Aw, I wanted to hear more about how Gleason's stories in GLC were. :(