Which Film Had the Better Trailer? Pirates or Spider-Man (or Shrek)?

Cristo

Civilian
Reaction score
So, which movie had the better trailer from objective viewpoints (that is, calming down from the hype from the newly-released POTC trailer)?

Side to side, which trailer entices you? Which trailer is better made? Has more action? More suspense? Makes you want to see the movie NOW? Has better story?

How many threads on this subject do we need

the same people will say pirates is better, the same will say Spidey is better, and few will say shreks is better

Although I think SM3 will be a better movie, I thought the AWE trailer was really cool.

AWE was the better one for the following reasons:

It felt more epic while spidey's felt very small, confined, and not promising really stunning visuals. We saw jack vs davy jones while standing on a ship's sail, a lot of holy crap action shots, ships getting sucked into a whirlpool... some little girl was singing the pirate song adding the right tone to the whole trailer as if to say "Remember how much you enjoyed the first two? We're back!" Spidey's was saying "Peter's still having issues with MJ and Harry, AGAIN. Oh and there's some sand guy in it and psst... VENOM ROAR!!! at the end. It's more of a wtf was that kind of experience... it'll make more sense when you pay to see it I guess..." So after that I felt more inclined to pirate the movie than see it in the theater since it looks as interesting as the last two which are severely overhyped while pirates isn't as overhyped from what I can see. That makes it look like the more promising theater going experience for sure.

I don't think Spiderman 3 will be a better movie for Pirates 3 had an epic feel while SM3 has more of a great action movie feel. Like all comics. Both should be good. But i'm a Pirates man. My worry is another poll which will be drawned by spiderman fans and have a larger poll voting slide.

I'm looking forward to the theatrical trailer of HP3, and Transformers which should be kickin.

Pirates, and while the poll results show that, do not expect it to last. This really isn't the best place for these kinds of polls. Keep in mind, you are on a SUPERHERO website.

Pirates, and while the poll results show that, do not expect it to last. This really isn't the best place for these kinds of polls. Keep in mind, you are on a SUPERHERO website.

lol, true.

At World's End.

I voted POTC3,i thought the Harry/Pete fight they showed after Heroes the other week was awesome and the SM3 trailers showed some nice shots and good drama but for me on a visual/entertaining/exciting and dramatic level POTC3 took the cake.

No doubt,it will be a landslide for SM3 when it's over.

I can't really decide yet. If you're talking Spidey's official trailer, POTC3 blows it away. But against SM3's leaked trailer from awhile back... it's hard to choose.

sonofa*****...does EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE COMPETITION?!?! Fanboys.

Well personally I think the November Spidey trailer got me most excited, but that is biased because I wasn't extremely let down by the second installment like Pirates (Shrek 2's an afterthought 3 years later for anyone above the age of 12)....but since I neither know which Spidey trailer this entrails, how trailers are not an artform worth judging and comparing and the simple matter this is ridiculous....I obstain?

I can't really decide yet. If you're talking Spidey's official trailer, POTC3 blows it away. But against SM3's leaked trailer from awhile back... it's hard to choose.

The Spidey 3 trailer would've been about 20 times better had they included the money shot of Venom at the end. Why they took it out is beyond me.

I loved the Pirates one more and got more excited over it, was really coolier.

Pirates trailer was better, as for which movie i think will be better, probably spider-man 3 just because its the sequal to my favourite film.

Pirates; though I'm very biased because I've never liked Spider Man, and I liked the first Shrek but haven't even seen Shrek 2.
I love Keira, Depp, Nighy, Chow, Rush...and I enjoyed DMC more than either SM film.

On the other hand, I do really like Venom and I'm looking forward to seeing him on the big screen.

Spidey's teaser was better, and the last one with Venom grabing him, even more

Without a doubt Pirates has the best trailer!

I don't understand why some studios 'hold back' when it comes to trailers?

Imo the Spidey trailers have been nothing but a frustrating tease .... Venom is in it ... he has a small but crucial role, show the damn thing. Do they think if the public see the creature for a few seconds they won't go see the movie??

The Pirates trailer was far superior .... really sold the movie to me and made me WANT to pay for a ticket. Job done.

The Spidey 3 trailer would've been about 20 times better had they included the money shot of Venom at the end. Why they took it out is beyond me.

That shot really would've given the audiences of 'What was that?' It would've upped the anticipation from their perspectives even more.

So... I'm going to have to go with POTC:AWE after having seen it a few times more.

I agree with L0ngsh0t these polls are getting out of hand. Maybe there should be an Ultimate Poll Thread & if somoene wants a poll they post it in there

Yeah, but it was pretty blurry. Still watchable nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"