Which Superhero do you think took the worst BEAT DOWN?

Matt Murdock got smacked around pretty badly...But I have to agree with Frank Castle. Then Peter Parker in the first Spider-Man.

The first one that comes to my mind is Spidey at the end of SM1:
[YT]b6B7d_Hi9gw[/YT]His ears are ringing, he's practically blind, he's got a headache through his whole body, and that's all BEFORE the Goblin lands!
This scene was brilliant. I remember seeing this movie several times in theaters, and each and every time I found myself thinking, "Wow...this is ****ing brutal. It's exactly how it should be."

It was really surprising, because the brutality of this scene seemed so out of line with the rest of the film. It was great. :up:

Punisher Thomas Jane took more than a physical but a mental owning in the first (actually second but who's counting) movie.

I'd think Superman getting stabbed by the kryptonite shard in Superman Returns. That looked really painful.

Would Eric Draven & Alex Murphy be eligible for this thread ?

Eric Draven gets beaten to an bloody pulp while his girl is being raped. He then gets tossed out the window. Comes back & at the end takes another beating before he goes home with Shelly.:csad:

Murphy got it bad both as a normal human & as Robocop. :wow:

Those two

I would say it is a toss up between Eric Draven and Superman in Superman Returns. The only reason why I picked Superman is because during the whole time Lex and his guys were beating him Lex tells Superman the truth about how he is the one who told the press about Krypton still being around and how he took away his life with the woman he loves and child and on top of that stabbed him pretty good in the back. That is pretty harsh if you ask me.

I would say Clark Kent by the redneck trucker in Superman II, after he lost his powers.Not only did he get a bad beat down, but it happened in front of Lois!Just moments before, she knew he would've kicked the crap out of that dude. That's harsh ,when it happens in front of your girl getting your ass beat!

If we're strictly talking about the hits they took AS superheroes:
Raphael was beaten into a coma.
Wolverine woke up in the infirmary.
Iron Man was a bit of a mess after he got done with Stane.
Superman had to go to the hospital. (rolleyes)
Daredevil had scars the next day.
Spider-Man took a vicious beating in the climax of each movie.
Batman was in a plane crash.
I can't think of any other really messed-up superhero beatings off the top of my head.
Apart from that, Castle & Stark got the worst of it before taking up their costumed identities.

Murphy from Robocop2 still to me got it the worst than anybody.

Physically not so much in the movies really except for X2, but the script treatment of him in all 3, he's a great character and they had Wolverine take over and steal his girlfriend in every damn movie...

I'd love to see him come back in X4 with this explanation "I was in a tree, unconcious, for 6 hours... It took me 3 months to get back here, doing things I'd rather not mention AND YOU TOOK MY GLASSES!!! I had to eat tree bark and grass for a week as it took me that long to find the road. And you wonder why I hate you Logan? Now where's Jean? You better not have been going after her behind my back...

Definitely Murphy in RoboCop

But a close second or first since already a superhero Spidey in Spiderman 1

When green goblin threw the pumpkin in the end fight scene and it blew his mask apart and he landed on his back and made the lil school girl scream. That sh** is priceless.

This scene was brilliant. I remember seeing this movie several times in theaters, and each and every time I found myself thinking, "Wow...this is ****ing brutal. It's exactly how it should be."

It was really surprising, because the brutality of this scene seemed so out of line with the rest of the film. It was great. :up:

I remember Raimi saying the scene itself was a lot longer, more bloodier, and grittier. But Sony made him trim it down quite a bit due to it possibly scaring children and causing controversy.

I would say it is a toss up between Eric Draven and Superman in Superman Returns. The only reason why I picked Superman is because during the whole time Lex and his guys were beating him Lex tells Superman the truth about how he is the one who told the press about Krypton still being around and how he took away his life with the woman he loves and child and on top of that stabbed him pretty good in the back. That is pretty harsh if you ask me.
I don't remember him saying any of that. But then I was so disgusted with the movie as a whole it didn't matter.

I will always have a soft spot for Rogue ripping wolverine apart with a touch.

Thomas Jane's Punisher.

His entire family was wiped out in a fairly short period of time. Including his wife and son.

THEN it was his turn.

Yeah..you can't get much worse than that.

My vote is for Marv in Sin City...though with the inclusion of Robocop, you could include any sci fi or action hero in the history of films.

Superman in Superman II I believe, where he gets his a** handed to him in the diner by the trucker.

spidey takes some serious licks in SM1. OUCH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"