Days of Future Past Which timeline would you rather have for future movies?

The events of Timeline 'A' DO still exist, though.
Yes they do of course because it's what leads up to DoFP and the altered reality. This doesn't mean we should throw away our X-Men DVDs because it's completely erased, it isn't because Logan remembers it all. Which means essentially it still exists to him and to us. Just not to the rest of the films in the franchise. I doubt Fox will go and make another movie in the original timeline now.

The events of Timeline 'A' DO still exist, though.

No. Only Logan's memories remain.

Beast mentioned time as a river that may correct itself if a pebble was thrown in. At the end, Xavier said that if enough ripples were made it would take a new course. No one mentioned more than one river existing.

Everything I'm finding points to a splitting of the timeline where Logan fills the role of Ocarina of Time Link (the Hero of Time).

No. Only Logan's memories remain.

Conceptually speaking, Timeline Prime morphs into Timeline Sigma, so you must have a Timeline Prime in order to get Sigma to begin with. Said that, Wolverine's consciousness is the only "artefact" (whatever it is made of - it's a consciousness) from Timeline Prime still existing.

^ I'm talking about them still existing IN-UNIVERSE.
:doh: They don't exist anymore. Like I said the fact that Kitty, Magneto, Prof X, Wolverine and the sentinels disappeared just proves that. If it still existed they would have been killed and then a completely alternate reality would have been created. Which would been that both exist. But now it has just been overwritten with new events and a changed history.

If both existed there still would be a post apocalyptic sentinel run world where no one is alive. How bleak is that. They want to give us and the characters somewhat of a happy ending and so far that has been achieved with a new timeline replacing the old one. Logan still remembers the old stuff but he now lives in a peaceful world and the people he love are alive and well.

Conceptually speaking, Timeline Prime morphs into Timeline Sigma, so you must have a Timeline Prime in order to get Sigma to begin with. Said that, Wolverine's consciousness is the only "artefact" (whatever it is made of - it's a consciousness) from Timeline Prime still existing.
This ^

:doh: They don't exist anymore. Like I said the fact that Kitty, Magneto, Prof X, Wolverine and the sentinels disappeared just proves that. If it still existed they would have been killed and then a completely alternate reality would have been created. Which would been that both exist. But now it has just been overwritten with new events and a changed history.

If both existed there still would be a post apocalyptic sentinel run world where no one is alive. How bleak is that. They want to give us and the characters somewhat of a happy ending and so far that has been achieved with a new timeline replacing the old one. Logan still remembers the old stuff but he now lives in a peaceful world and the people he love are alive and well.

Go study (or play) Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and The Wind Waker and then come back and talk to me.

Everything you and others are saying points to a Split Timeline, as does everything I'm finding personally.

The non-FC films are only relvent as far as they lead to post apocalypic future In DOFP and wolverine's time travel mission.

When wolverine awakens in new 2023 he remembers the non-FC films.But,inless
they do another film In new 2023 that's ilrelvent.

It's clear the new 2023 Is future of 1973 we were at In DOFP.The xavier that
Patrick Stewert plays at end of film Is clearly older version of james Mcavoy
that Jackman as wolverine guided in film.All he knows about the non-FC films
comes from what wolverine tells him and from what he read In wolverine's mind.

Apocalypse will takeplace between
Mystique as stryker rescuring wolverine from Lake
and wolverine waking up in 2023.

Go study (or play) Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess, and then come back and talk to me.

Everything you and others are saying points to a Split Timeline, as does everything I'm finding personally.
You are talking about games as if they factor into the X-Men universe. Just because that happens in other games or movies or books etc doesn't mean that happens in X-Men. And you talk as if you are writing the script yourself. You or I don't know what they will do because we aren't coming up with the story. But if you've seen the film I think it is extremely clear what has happened to the original timeline. So whatever believe what you want.

^ I'm using those games as an example of what DoFP has done according to everything that I can find and according to everything you and others have been saying.

Why are people acting as if Zelda is scientific proof?

The film said nothing about creating another timeline, only changing the past. And the past was changed.

The evidence screams Split Timeline, and since Zelda is the only franchise that I can think of that's done an actual Split Timeline, it keeps getting mentioned.

Honestly the final scene in DOFP felt like a closer on the original cast. And it was a great way to close the book on them. Like now they can continue with the younger cast which are very popular right now in terms of appeal (J.Law, Fassbender, McCavoy) and recast from there. So re-introduce and re-cast Cyclops, Jean Grey, etc as their younger selves.

Edit: Sharkboy and I got the same impression apparently.

That's how I feel too. It seemed like they left it open to the possibility of doing something with the original cast if the right things fell in place for it to happen just in case. But, focus will definitely be on the younger cast.

I would like to see both. If I had to choose one, I would go for OT cast.

I like the first class cast but first class itself wasn't that great. However after DoFP I would like to see more of them (along with Jackman of course).

But the reason I would rather see the original cast in a film again is because they are the X-Men. The problem I have with FC cast is that it will always be a prequel with them, and will always be leading up to the original cast at the end of DoFP. I just don't find origin stories particularly interesting because you always know how it is going to turn out (for a lot of the characters anyway).

However, Ian McKellen was looking pretty old in DoFP, don't know if he will do another and it would be a shame to lose the X-Men's arch enemy.

But I do still enjoy the FC cast and look forward to apocalypse.

Also, wouldn't the popularity of this film (going by critical reception as well as box office numbers) show there is demand for the original cast? I know FC cast are more famous now than when FC was released but I still think that a lot of people going to see this are going because they are excited about the original cast. In fact, many of the complaints I have heard have been regarding the screen time of popular OT cast members.

I know Wolverine will most likely be in future films with FC cast members but I still think that the other OT cast members have had a big effect on the hype surrounding this film and are one of the main reasons it will do very well at the box office.

The evidence screams Split Timeline, and since Zelda is the only franchise that I can think of that's done an actual Split Timeline, it keeps getting mentioned.

But it's a different series. It's like complaining the dragons in Lord of the Rings are different to Harry Potter.

Also then, I'll bring in Doctor Who. No split timelines, but time can be rewritten.

Kinberg just made comments indicating that it's entirely possible that we could see the OT cast again, so I wouldn't discount the possibility.

I wish they could run with both franchises concurrently.But if push comes to shove,I'd like to see the original cast again more.

I would love to see more films with the original cast. Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy were the best things about First Class, so I wouldn't mind seeing them again in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"