Who are the most brilliant minds in the Marvel universe?

Mistress Gluon said:
Actually, Iron Man's armors were on par with the Thing's. Being class 85-100 themselves.

And while Reed has done some work with mutation and psionic tech (though Stark seems to have pioneered that one more), the aircraft would be physics, the weapons would be physics and chemistry, though the psychology would be independent. And databanking cultures throughout the universe isn't really something you would consider top genius level, unless he were deciphering everything about them through a telescope.

The Iron Man armors of that time could be pushed to that level but without an outside power source they were drained very quickly. The armor that Reed made could function at that level for extended periods.
In the Secret Wars Reed modified the armors systems to allow it to utilize outside power namely the Torch and Monica Rambeau to increase the power of the repulsor rays.
The pioneers of psionic science were actually Xavier and Hank McCoy. Beyond the systems to control armor I am unaware of Stark doing anything in the field.
Reeds knowledge of alien cultures was good enough that he was able to decide which of many cultures legal systems he would use when he was on trial for saving Galactus' life. He did this without a database.

Silicon Surfer said:
The Iron Man armors of that time could be pushed to that level but without an outside power source they were drained very quickly. The armor that Reed made could function at that level for extended periods.
In the Secret Wars Reed modified the armors systems to allow it to utilize outside power namely the Torch and Monica Rambeau to increase the power of the repulsor rays.
The pioneers of psionic science were actually Xavier and Hank McCoy. Beyond the systems to control armor I am unaware of Stark doing anything in the field.
Reeds knowledge of alien cultures was good enough that he was able to decide which of many cultures legal systems he would use when he was on trial for saving Galactus' life. He did this without a database.

Actually, Iron Man's armors have been capable of pulling outside sources of energies before then.

As for the limited time part, it wasn't him running out of power, it was his older armors fusing up and locking due to the strain.

And as for psionic stuff, he just recently was capable of placing people in what I could only describe as the "light field". However, using a mind to control the systems is extremely advanced, and somewhat beyond the norm of Reed's experiments which are all switch based. Granted his work is LIKE that, Tony can consistently implement this system, and has been for a long time. Plus his new Argonaut system would allow him to control multiple armors, and has done meetings and holographic interface with this tech. (His battle with the Crimson Dynamo recently.)

And while Hank and Xavier HAVE done work there, it basically just stopped at identifying minds (which is extremely advanced of course) and haven't done much past that to my knowledge.

Where merely observing a race for it's judicial system is blatantly obvious right away with their social structure.

Remember in heros reborn (dont think about it for too long) how they had something called the knights of the Atomic round table? I thinl they were...

Reed Richards
Victor Von Doom
Bruce Banner
Hank Pym
Tony Stark
Rebel Riley ( i think)

Id probaly add forge to that list as well. I know he;s powers make him smart but i dont really care. Id also consider Spiderman to be a strategic genius. He was always working out smart ways to beat people down, most recently in New Avengers against teh super adaptoid.

Even back in the early days Xavier and Beast were developing tech to amplify, jam and record thoughts. Beast developed a device that he used to try to shut down the mind of Dark Phoenix. It failed of course due to her sheer power but the device operated.

Silicon Surfer said:
Even back in the early days Xavier and Beast were developing tech to amplify, jam and record thoughts. Beast developed a device that he used to try to shut down the mind of Dark Phoenix. It failed of course due to her sheer power but the device operated.

Stark's ring actually keeps out all telepathic minds.

Zoken said:
Um... a couple names to add to your lists and my reasons for suggesting them:

Herman "the Shocker" Shultz: invented his gauntlets IN PRISON. not only did he make these super-tech weapons, he made them IN PRISON. I'm sorry, but I find that personally impressive, and it had to take some brains.

Eddie "The Hornet" McDonough: improved upon the original design of his Hornet constume, added weapons and all kinds of neat gear to it, all one handed. c'mon that has to count for something.

Stephan Strange: world famous Neuro Surgeon AND Sorcerer Supreme. do I really need to explain my reasoning further?
Doctor Strange would probably rank among the lower echelons of the geniuses. He mastered his trade, but I can't recall his ever doing anything above and beyond what a real-life neurosurgeon might. It's impressive, don't get me wrong, but it's not quite up there with the comic book uber-geniuses. As for the Sorcerer Supreme thing, that's been explicitly stated to hinge more on personal magic potential and the ability to accept that there are other facets to the universe beyond your understanding. It doesn't really have anything to do with genius.

Kudos on reminding me of Eddie, though. He should definitely be in there.

I agree with Shadow, but Corp is right.

The thing that puts Stark on that upper echelon is that Stark's superpower is his suit. Thats it. AND HE MADE IT ... TO LIVE! That's it. You take him out of his suit. He has no x-ray vision, no healing factor, no superstrength. He is a normal man, but with a super powered suit.

Banner WAS smart. Still is ... when he's not the Hulk. Him living day to day .... worrying if the Hulk will reer its ugly head, is stressful. Plus he has no way to get to a lab like the other ubber geniuses. Due to his condition.

Banner is on more than a couple occassions been recognized as genius.

Like wise with Parker. Parker has been sought out a couple of times with Reed and Stark. He's not dumb and he's sure as hell in league with Reed and Stark. Reed is like the pinnicle of genius, while Parker, Stark, and Banner as clipping at his toes.

Parker made his webshooters. developed the webbing on his own, developes cloth that can transfer his powers so he can stick to walls. Parker is not a dolt.

Yeah, Peter's another genius whose potential has been stifled by circumstance. If he weren't Spider-Man, he probably would've grown to become a world-renowned scientist, given that he built his webshooters from spare s*** lying around in his house overnight.

Peter has also deciphered Kangs 40th century robotics tech on a mountain top in South America in a matter of minutes and reprogramed the robot, he understood anti matter science that Reed said that few people in the world could ever grasp,figured out how to reverse various mutation including his own and Dr. Connors, and developed electronic bugs that can be tracked with his spider sense.

Well, the spider-sense thing was a fluke. He had a tracker at first, but over time he realized that his spider-sense tingled more when he was closer to the tracers.

I think Peter Parker gets overlooked sometimes. The guy invented web shooters and those spider tracers. He did what Hank Pym spent many years of his adult life trying to do. And Pete was only a teenager. The web shooters too some pickin in the noggin. I miss them.

Thank you guys. Peter is one of the most brilliant men on the MU planet. Reed though can't be touched. Stark is damn brilliant too, so is Doom. But I think Peter and Banner get overlooked.

Reed can easily be touched by Doom.

Which, I know, sounds much more sexual than it should.

Advocate05 said:
I agree with Shadow, but Corp is right.

The thing that puts Stark on that upper echelon is that Stark's superpower is his suit. Thats it. AND HE MADE IT ... TO LIVE! That's it. You take him out of his suit. He has no x-ray vision, no healing factor, no superstrength. He is a normal man, but with a super powered suit.

Banner WAS smart. Still is ... when he's not the Hulk. Him living day to day .... worrying if the Hulk will reer its ugly head, is stressful. Plus he has no way to get to a lab like the other ubber geniuses. Due to his condition.

Banner is on more than a couple occassions been recognized as genius.

Like wise with Parker. Parker has been sought out a couple of times with Reed and Stark. He's not dumb and he's sure as hell in league with Reed and Stark. Reed is like the pinnicle of genius, while Parker, Stark, and Banner as clipping at his toes.

Parker made his webshooters. developed the webbing on his own, developes cloth that can transfer his powers so he can stick to walls. Parker is not a dolt.

I don't know if his clothes are really all THAT high tech. They're never referred to or anything as being capable of projecting his powers.

However, Petey is more or less a biological genius (which is way more admirable than it sounds outright. So much more to learn with biology over chemistry for the most part.). His webshooters were pure genius. But I was pretty sure that the formula and such for his webshooters came naturally to him after he was bitten if I remember correctly.

However, he's done things with his mind that few can do. Upper Stark, Doom, and Richards level? I wouldn't say so, but he's definitely up around their league.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Reed can easily be touched by Doom.

Which, I know, sounds much more sexual than it should.

Unless you're into that stuff.

Which you know you are. ;)

Genesis 1.0 said:
{In No Order}

Thanos
Reed Richards
Dr. Doom
Mr. Sinister
Forge
Apocalypse
Modok
The Leader
Black Panther

and stan lee because he creat all of them

Mistress Gluon said:
I don't know if his clothes are really all THAT high tech. They're never referred to or anything as being capable of projecting his powers.

However, Petey is more or less a biological genius (which is way more admirable than it sounds outright. So much more to learn with biology over chemistry for the most part.). His webshooters were pure genius. But I was pretty sure that the formula and such for his webshooters came naturally to him after he was bitten if I remember correctly.

However, he's done things with his mind that few can do. Upper Stark, Doom, and Richards level? I wouldn't say so, but he's definitely up around their league.

He used the stuff around his apartment when he was bit to create the webbing and the shooters. The clothes thing I know was a reach and I weasn't thinking straight. But on more than on occassion Reed has had Peter's help.

BTW ... Reed is like 40. Peter is half his age. So yeah I'd say he's in their league. Don't short change Parker. His little goofy quips in fights is his child like nature. Peter really is a farking genius.

Advocate05 said:
He used the stuff around his apartment when he was bit to create the webbing and the shooters. The clothes thing I know was a reach and I weasn't thinking straight. But on more than on occassion Reed has had Peter's help.

BTW ... Reed is like 40. Peter is half his age. So yeah I'd say he's in their league. Don't short change Parker. His little goofy quips in fights is his child like nature. Peter really is a farking genius.

Yeah, i think that Pete gets overlooked alot in the mental dept. We all forgot he created most of this stuff b/f he graduated high school. Behind the spider is a genuis, one hopefully smart enough to re-work that spider-armor bf whoopin up on stark

I am hoping that when Tony works whatever failsafe he built into the armor he finds out that Peter has reworked it to work in reverse and affect him instead.

Peter is a genius, and he also has a lot of common sense.

I mean to call people names in a fight to stress them out and make them loose concentration is pretty intelligent, even more so than creating an experiment from another dimension. It makes so much more sense, and he always comes up with something even with his limited resources.

Advocate05 said:

And Stark was inventing stuff better than webshooters in his teens, and Reed is generally regarded as being the better inventor of the two between Tony and himself as far as spectacular pieces of tech.

As for webshooters, they're a pressure system attatched to a band. The only truly spectacular part of the entire webshooters was the web cartridge itself, and I believe that the formula to create those were passed down via the spider bite.

Other than that, I think Pete's a genius, but I wouldn't say in Reed's or Tony's level.

Human Spidey said:
Peter is a genius, and he also has a lot of common sense.

I mean to call people names in a fight to stress them out and make them loose concentration is pretty intelligent, even more so than creating an experiment from another dimension. It makes so much more sense, and he always comes up with something even with his limited resources.

I... don't know about that. Something tells me being shown the opportunity to be shoved in hell would definitely unnerve me just a little bit more than being called a bucket head. Or the fact that some super high tech armor with some totally morose and cold person is at the controls would just kind of...unnerve me a bit more. Pete's banter could be actually considered light conversation if he wasn't having it with people who only understand aggression.

His improvisational skills (both verbal and intellectual) are second to none though.

Vanguard07 said:
His improvisational skills (both verbal and intellectual) are second to none though.

Except for Reed and Tony. Pete's smart, don't get me wrong. And I agree that several people underestimate his actual brilliance, however, I also believe some people overestimate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"