Age of Ultron Who dies?

Why does somebody have to die? I don't recall any major characters dying in any of the DC movies, why does Marvel have to kill someone in theirs?

It's mainly Joss Whedon's history of killing people in his projects.

It's mainly Joss Whedon's history of killing people in his projects.

And Kevin Feige and co just simply come with the next project and alter that death (like Coulsen)

Eh, if someone major does die, I really think it's going to be Loki in the last Avengers, giving his life for either Thor, or a human being.

Then he'll ressurrect as a kid

I quit! I'm going to join the Justice League.

WW has a thing for brothas.

Actually make Maria Hill a halfway interesting character in the first part of the movie, and then kill her.

Yes, killing off one of the major non-love interest/badass female characters, when we have less than a handful of those as it is, no thanks.

I already gave my rationale for killing Hawkeye and Nick Fury, but how about killing off certain other characters who I see as potentially expendable.

Winter Soldier dying would be incredibly painful for Captain America to have to lose Bucky Barnes AGAIN and know that he's been killed off for real this time and is never coming back. It would make Cap 3 start with a tone similar to The Wolverine where Captain America has to deal with his grief and has gone from a courageous hero to a burnout who no longer cares whether he lives or dies. It's about his journey from despair to triumph where he realizes what it truly means to be a hero.

War Machine is a cool character whom people like but his death would shock the audience. Have him leave the Iron Patriot armor behind and then don the War Machine Armor one last time for one last fight as an affirmation of who he truly is. He's not a PR stunt, he's a soldier and after Captain America gives him a pep talk about going on that same journey, Rhodes sacrifices himself to stop Ultron.

Pepper dying because Ultron believes that humanity is flawed, inferior and deserving of death but having him still have an attraction to her and then building Jocasta in her image would truly get the audience to hate Ultron and see him as a monster. Then Jocasta not just being modeled after Pepper but having her brain inside would be really fun to see as Jocasta is forced to confront her past but accept that she's not actually Pepper as Pepper is dead along with Tony struggling with whether or not he's now in love with a machine.

Quicksilver dying would actually be expected. By that, I mean that based on what Joss Whedon said about Scarlet Witch possibly playing a role in Ultron's evolution, having Ultron then kill her brother would motivate her to join The Avengers. Within the Ultimate Universe, Wanda's death motivates Quicksilver to join Reed Richard's and Hulk as fallen heroes so having Wanda want to atone for her brother's death would be a cool way to develop her. I mean, have there ever been any great Quicksilver stories that weren't related to the X-Men anyway? With Fox doing their own Quicksilver, I can see Marvel getting rid of their version as he has limited potential for impacting any given story.

Killing off Bucky would be a complete waste of a good character, as would killing off Quicksilver in the same movie that he's introduced in. They can't kill off WM because people would complain about them using the "killing off the black sidekick" cliché yet again in a movie, and there are currently only THREE prominent black characters in the MCU. Pepper COULD MAYBE work, although you'd essentially be killing off the GF to motivate the main (and also male) character, which is an overused and lazy cliché as well. I wonder if Whedon has ever heard of "Women in Refrigerators?"

I can see Quicksilver dying in Avengers 3, but not in his first film. War Machine will not appear in Age of Ultron.

I wish War Machine would show up. It's kind of annoying that Stark's best bud and fellow superhero is strangely absent whenever a global threat appears.

Kill Tony. Because he's the one we'll miss the most, and he's the one who's grown the most. He's completed his arc, and I don't want an Avenger to die unless it'll be significant.

Now that we know that he is in the film, War Machine is now number one on the death list.

Now that we know that he is in the film, War Machine is now number one on the death list.

No. No, he's not number one on the death list. :dry:

The fact that he plays a "key role" in the conflict against Ultron in no way, shape or form indicates he's going to die. Just that he'll be a major player in the fight.

Kill Tony. Because he's the one we'll miss the most, and he's the one who's grown the most. He's completed his arc, and I don't want an Avenger to die unless it'll be significant.

This.
If there's going to be an Avenger death at all, it needs to be a meaningful one. And you couldn't ask for a more meaningful, more emotional, more :wow::wow::wow: death than Tony Stark, the flagship of the studio.

And that, of course, sets up the inevitable :wow::wow::wow::huh: on his "surprise" return in Avengers 3.

People complain about a lack of diversity in the MCU, and their response is to kill off one of only two black superheroes, one of only three prominent minority characters in the entire MCU period. Yeah, that would be really stupid, as well as counterproductive.

Who dies? That is simple:

Ultron2013.jpg

Marvel is not killing of Rhodey. One of my main beefs with the MCU is the lack of diversity on the Avengers. No way does Marvel kill off one of only two black superheros in the MCU, especially when we don't know if they will ever debut T'Challa (I believe they would, especially if Ultron is made completely of Vibranium) or Monica Rambeau. We don't even know if Luke Cage is even going to be an Avenger.

Its the Hollywood thing to kill off the black guy

Its the Hollywood thing to kill off the black guy

The Whedon crew just killed a Black superhero on Agents of SHIELD. I wouldn't put it past him to off both Rhodey and Falcon in AOU. Killing two birds with one stone, so to speak. :cmad:

I hope they don't kill anyone, just because everyone is expecting them too.

The Whedon crew just killed a Black superhero on Agents of SHIELD.

Allegedly.

They also allegedly "killed" Agent Coulson (again) in that massive explosion. Turns out he was okay after all. Yay. Moving on.

The Whedon crew just killed a Black superhero on Agents of SHIELD. I wouldn't put it past him to off both Rhodey and Falcon in AOU. Killing two birds with one stone, so to speak. :cmad:

There is (was I guess) a superhero on SHIELD now?

Yep. Mike Peterson, the Centipede-enhanced super from the pilot episode, returned as a SHIELD agent. *Allegedly* died during an explosion during the last 2-part cliffhanger episode, but the odds of that Marvel "death" sticking are about as likely as Coulson's.

Was. That's the operative word. As soon as I read that they were bringing Mike Peterson back I predicted he'd be killed and it looks like I'm right. It could turn out that he survived somehow but I'm so damned used to Black characters buying it that I won't bet on any last-minute miracles. More importantly, the producers made a beeline for the cliche without even blinking.

The next entry in The Expendables franchise should star an all-Black cast, with the added twist that they all die in the end. It would be the perfect metaphor for the way Black characters are often used in action films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"