Who do you prefer, classic goblin or ultimate

The Leaguer said:
I picked ultimate, because he has fire snot. Norman doesn't have fire snot. If ultimate goblin had f***ed Gwen, she would have had triplets.

:confused: I don't know what you are? :confused:

hippy fascist said:
It's a bo'selecta reference, forgot these forums are mostly yanks. Sorry
You're forgiven, but don't let it happen again.

I can't stay mad at you with that avatar. He looks like a rapist...but a loveable one

"Rapist" and "lovable" are synonyms that even parts of speech cannot deny.

It's like my mate wes used to say, it's not rape, it's just surprise sex

giggity giggity goo

It's been said before. Writers today don't have half the creativity of Stan Lee. Come one. Ultimate Goblin is the Abomination without an accent. Ooh. Real original there. No, original goblin was a guy who glided around on a freaky bat thing, wore a weird smurf hat, and threw bombs what looked like pumpkins that he kept in a purse. Tell me that doesn't sound more interesting.

rigel7soldiers said:
It's been said before. Writers today don't have half the creativity of Stan Lee. Come one. Ultimate Goblin is the Abomination without an accent. Ooh. Real original there. No, original goblin was a guy who glided around on a freaky bat thing, wore a weird smurf hat, and threw bombs what looked like pumpkins that he kept in a purse. Tell me that doesn't sound more interesting.

THe costume glider and bombs were all side issues, the point of the goblin was a man who looked just like you and me but was that far gone that he almost ceases to be human anymore. That's what's so interesting about him and that's why ultimate sucks too ****ing literal. It's like saying "comic readers are dumb they won't get that this guy is a monster unless he's a 10 foot six hundred pound hulk rip-off. It's so condescending

I just thought Normie Mark I was more visually dynamic. But you also have a point there.
I feel like ithe attitude is more, "This idea is totally better and more real than the freaky bat glider one." But that works, too.

rigel7soldiers said:
No, original goblin was a guy who glided around on a freaky bat thing, wore a weird smurf hat, and threw bombs what looked like pumpkins that he kept in a purse. Tell me that doesn't sound more interesting.

LOL! :D

I prefer classic Green Goblin, and I mean the real Green Goblin, as in the one who died in ASM #122. The Goblin that came back in the clone saga is a pale imitation, overused, overrated joke who has long overstayed his welcome.

God knows what they'll have him do next.

I like Ultimate Gobby better, less buffoonish and actually kinda creepy.

Though I think starting post in this thread was silly hyperbole is this honestly even a debate?

I mean I'm a confessed bendis ****e and would happily accept ult spidey replacing 616 but ult goblin is just so less of a character than 616 for many many reasons.
-the glider
-killing gwen stacy
-one of the first villains to unmask a hero
-not a hulk knock off (it doesn't bother me but its still a minus point if that makes sense)
etc etc

rigel7soldiers said:
bombs what looked like pumpkins that he kept in a purse. Tell me that doesn't sound more interesting.

Damn near shorted out my computer... Can't drink when readin posts anymore...
"the evil midnight bomber what bombs at midnight" was a classic!!

I just find Ult.Goblin a overall better concept, Norman has closer ties to Spidey and is the source of Peter's powers indirectly and Norman turning into an actual chimeric Goblin creature just rings truer than 'a guy sniffs green gas and steals halloween costume.'

Well, Ultimate Goblin has yet to descend into ridiculous joke-territory like the classic Green Goblin has (sorry, I have yet to see one good reason as to why he needed to be resurrected), but in his prime, classic Norman is what makes him better.

Seeing that the Ultimate Universe is a for a new generation of fans and that it doesn't have to exactly mirror the original Marvel Universe...I see this as sort of a mute arguement.

If you don't like the Ultimate Green Goblin, well the Green Goblin that you like and want is IN THE REGULAR MARVEL UNIVERSE!!! :eek: It's not like with the creation of the Ultimate Green Goblin that the Regular Universe Goblin was pushed out and completely forgotten by all comic book fans everywhere.

When it comes to the actual character of Norman Osborn though, the edge, in my opinion, goes to Ultimate Norman as the regular universe version of Osborn is kind of...meh...these days...especially after that Marvel Knights run that Millar had with the most anti-climatic ending in comic book history.

I think a better poll would be Who do you prefer, Ultimate Doc Ock and Classic Doc Ock. Seeing that these characters really don't have too much of a difference. Where as The Ultimate Green Goblin and Regular Universe Goblin have many differences. As OsCorp is the one who designed the Oz that was injected into the spider that bit Peter, which techincally makes Osborn responsible for creating Spider-Man...and in the regular universe Osborn is just a bored middle aged ******* who is insane, wearing the whole Goblin get up and everything...and designing pumpkin bombs and ghost bombs and bats that spit nerve gas. And the glider, etc.

SpideyInATree said:
Seeing that the Ultimate Universe is a for a new generation of fans and that it doesn't have to exactly mirror the original Marvel Universe...I see this as sort of a mute arguement.

If you don't like the Ultimate Green Goblin, well the Green Goblin that you like and want is IN THE REGULAR MARVEL UNIVERSE!!! :eek: It's not like with the creation of the Ultimate Green Goblin that the Regular Universe Goblin was pushed out and completely forgotten by all comic book fans everywhere.

I'm sorry but no I can't accept that, it's far too sensible.

Stop with the logic and the common sense it makes me uncomfortable.

;)

I refuse to accept that happened.

In my lifetime it will be retaconned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back