Revenge of the Fallen Who do you want in the sequel? (Picture thread)

ThunderCracker/Skywarp could be the Vtol version:

F35 LightningII - CTOL
f35.gif

If you have Ratchet you need ...

WheelJack, since he is a mad scientist:

ecojet1.jpg

Springer, but not triple change option:

Eurocopter_Tiger_p1230203.jpg

Shockwave:

mazda_cx9.jpg

Of course, you will need to have the returning Autobots from the first movie:
Optimus Prime
Ironhide
Ratchet
Bumblebee

Then, based off of Michael Bay saying that they were going to have a geriatric autobot, and the almost inclusion of Arcee in the first movie, I included both of these. I have tried to stay with just GM automobiles, but in the case of Arcee (GM has no motorcycle) and Ultra Magnus, I did stray, but, as you can see with Ultra Magnus, I used an independent manufacturer and as I always saw him as a mix between Optimus Prime and Ironhide (strong leader with an attitude), I figured that this would be perfect for him as it appears to be situated between the Topkick and a Peterbuilt. Enjoy. Oh, please keep in mind that many of these would have to be re-painted.

Kup – Chevrolet SSR – Painted Green

Hot Rod – 2011 Chevrolet Corvette (red with flames of course)

Ultra Magnus – International CXT Truck (World’s Largest Pickup Truck) www.internationaltrucks.com

Arcee – Buell XB12Ss (Painted Pink and White of course)

WheelJack – Cadillac Cien

Cliffjumper – Pontiac G8

In the G1 era, these were their alternate forms (from www.wikipedia.org)
Optimus Prime - Freightliner COE Tractor Trailer
Ironhide - Nissan C20 Vanette
Ratchet - Nissan C20 Vanette Ambulance
Bumblebee - Volkswagon Beetle
Kup - Cybertronian Pickup Truck
Hot Rod - Cybertronian Pontiac Firebird
Ultra Magnus - Freightliner COE Car Carrier
Arcee - Cybertronian Car
Wheeljack - Lancia Stratos Turbo
Cliffjumper - Porsche 924 Turbo

Of course, no matter what, the Decepticons need to realize that they must pull out the big guns so they unveil Devastator. How they will get around the names for both Devastator and Bonecrusher is irrelevant. That’s up to the writers. :woot:

Constructicons

Scrapper (Front Load Shovel)

Bonecrusher (Renamed) (Bulldozer)

Scavenger - Excavator

Mixmaster - Cement Mixer

Hook - Crane

Long Haul - Dump Truck

Constructicons

Scrapper (Front Load Shovel)

Bonecrusher (Renamed) (Bulldozer)

Scavenger - Excavator

Mixmaster - Cement Mixer

Hook - Crane

Long Haul - Dump Truck
How they will get around the names for both Devastator and Bonecrusher is irrelevant. That’s up to the writers. :woot:

They got to get around more names then that to use the Constructicons.

I think that "Scrapper" & "Long Haul" are the only names they can still use besides the ones already used in the first film.

Finally, some posters have mastered this thread. Good ideas on vehicle modes for those characters.

Finally, some posters have mastered this thread. Good ideas on vehicle modes for those characters.

Are there any that you absolutely agree with or absolutely don't like? I really want other people's feedback on these choices..... Especially the Autobots. The constructicons are easy because, well, you just get matching construction equipment and you are good. I haven't really decided what vehicle forms I would like for my other Decipticon choices like Soundwave and his two - three minions Laserbeak, Rumble and Ravage, nor I have I figured out about Shockwave. I feel that those, combined with Skorponok (who was still alive) and Starscream who brings these fellows back should be a good battle for the group.

I think Shockwave should definately be a huge tank if he is going to be in the sequel.

Ultra Magnus needs to be a truck like Optimus also IMO.

I think Shockwave should definately be a huge tank if he is going to be in the sequel.

Ultra Magnus needs to be a truck like Optimus also IMO.

I absolutely agree with you about Shockwave, however, would it be confusing since Devastator was a tank in the last movie? What about, and this would be an amazing visual, a standard issue 5-ton military truck troop transport with a towed howitzer cannon behind him. When he transforms, it all merges together? I'll try and find a pic of one, maybe even from my days in the Marines.

As far as Ultra Magnus, what are your thoughts concerning the original show. Unlike OP, Ultra actually merged with his car transport trailer which, in Michael Bay world, would make him so much larger than OP. Would you like to see that and make him a larger robot, because, let's face it, they are not going to want to do two robots that look similiar like having two rigs as robots. There would have to be something different. That's really what my whole approach was. What are your (and everyone else's) thoughts?

I absolutely agree with you about Shockwave, however, would it be confusing since Devastator was a tank in the last movie? What about, and this would be an amazing visual, a standard issue 5-ton military truck troop transport with a towed howitzer cannon behind him. When he transforms, it all merges together? I'll try and find a pic of one, maybe even from my days in the Marines.

Here is what I was talking about. Look at the size of that howitzer cannon. Trust me, it's loud and meant to bring the pain.

would it be confusing since br was a tank in the last movie?

I've givven that some thought.

Lets say the Soundwave or in a twist the government take's whats left of the Tanks brain and the remains of the other dead Decepticons and creates the Constructions.

The Tanks brain [Devastator] could be the combined personalty.

As far as Ultra Magnus, what are your thoughts concerning the original show. Unlike OP, Ultra actually merged with his car transport trailer which, in Michael Bay world, would make him so much larger than OP.

Not if the transport trailer fits over his body as a exo-suit.

They could also go and make it that he's not 2 seprate parts.

As far as Ultra Magnus, what are your thoughts concerning the original show. Unlike OP, Ultra actually merged with his car transport trailer which, in Michael Bay world, would make him so much larger than OP. Would you like to see that and make him a larger robot, because, let's face it, they are not going to want to do two robots that look similiar like having two rigs as robots. There would have to be something different. That's really what my whole approach was. What are your (and everyone else's) thoughts?

Well i would rather that Shockwave, like Megatron, (seeing as Shockwave is the only real pretender to Megatron's throne, and the only one powerful enough to take it from him, sorry Starscream) shouldnt have an Earth form. The way Megatron was a futuristic/alien jet, i would like to see Shockwave as a futuristic/alien tank. I think it would suite him perfectly.

As for Ultra Magnus, again i think he should stay a truck, maybe he could be more like the truck Optimus was in the cartoons? That he would be different and around the same size as Optimus also.

Well i would rather that Shockwave, like Megatron, (seeing as Shockwave is the only real pretender to Megatron's throne, and the only one powerful enough to take it from him, sorry Starscream) shouldnt have an Earth form. The way Megatron was a futuristic/alien jet, i would like to see Shockwave as a futuristic/alien tank. I think it would suite him perfectly.

As for Ultra Magnus, again i think he should stay a truck, maybe he could be more like the truck Optimus was in the cartoons? That he would be different and around the same size as Optimus also.

I will agree with you on both accounts. Shockwave doesn't really need to have an Earth form and a Cybertronian Tank would differentiate him from Devastor and definately be able to keep his design cues from the cartoon/comic books.

As far as Ultra Magnus, that is a brilliant idea. Making him the flat nosed truck would make him shorter (which is why Bay didn't go that way with OP) and then add the car carrier as an exo-skeleton or battle suit would not only put him back up to the right size, but definately make for a different look.

Good Job!!!

I agree. An alien tank would be the best choice for Shockwave. And one idea that has been proposed that I liked would be to make Ultra Magnus a firetruck.

I agree. An alien tank would be the best choice for Shockwave. And one idea that has been proposed that I liked would be to make Ultra Magnus a firetruck.

Ultra Magnus as a firetruck? Poor Inferno. You will be missed. I guess you weren't popular enough to be remembered.

Ultra Magnus as a firetruck? Poor Inferno. You will be missed. I guess you weren't popular enough to be remembered.

Try these...

Prowl
Chevy_Tahoe_Police.jpg

Ultra Magnus
magnus.jpg

Wheeljack
nomad.jpg

I posted them several pages back, but....

Try these...

Ultra Magnus
magnus.jpg

I posted them several pages back, but....

Now I like this one. This is a good idea. It does however, infringe upon the classic G1 Hoist, but it's still a rig. Are you opposed to what the previous poster said about a flatnosed rig with a car trailer? I think that's a perfect idea for Ultra because ultimately, he will be shorter than Optimus and yet, have an exo-skeleton made up of his transport. Think of the transformation possibilites on that one. I would love to see a mock up of that..... Any graphic designers up for the challenge?

Just so everyone knows my stance, and why I keep turning down some ideas, like the firetruck or tow-truck is because just as this movie is adding new robots, it is very possible that the next movie will also add new robots. I don't want to limit possibilities of seeing old favorites because their vehicle mode has been taken. Some, like the sports cars and vans, etc., can easily be changed, but things like a firetruck or a tow truck, etc. are kind of who the charachter is. A lot of the Decepticons are forced to take on new modes either due to their outdated status (a microcasette recorder) or that the writers do not want to get into too much mass shifting (a microcassette recorder or a handgun)(although, wasn't there a little bit of mass shifting with the Allspark there at the end?) so they are forced to change. I think for the most part, they have kept pretty faithful to the charachters, so if the option is there for them to take on their old self, close to their old self, or not step on the form of another autobot that could potentially be in a sequal, they should respect those posibilities. Many times on the cartoon, their alternate form was based on their personality:

From Wikipedia:
"In the original Transformers toy line, Hoist is an Autobotwho functions as a repairman for the team, keeping them to a tight maintenance schedule. Hoist is confident and sometimes rash, brave, tough and loyal. He transforms into a green tow truck."

"Inferno is a fearless Autobot who has a firetruck as his vehicle form. He relishes the attention he gets for saving lives and extinguishing fires any chance he gets, but Inferno's intentions are always noble, though he rarely gets involved in the battles."

"A commander could want no finer a soldier than Ultra Magnus. Despite his incredible fighting skills, courage and unmatched talent for improvisation on the battlefield, Ultra Magnus is most comfortable when carrying out orders, and is naturally uncomfortable if the mantle of leadership should ever find itself placed upon him. Ultra Magnus is armed with missile launchers capable of hitting a target 30 miles away, and transforms into a car carrier able to transport his fellow Autobot troops."

If there's one bot that should remain in his Cybertronian form, it's Shockwave. He's always represented Cybetronian Decepticon's for as long as i've known the character.

making Shockwave a car, is an insult to the character.

If there's one bot that should remain in his Cybertronian form, it's Shockwave. He's always represented Cybetronian Decepticon's for as long as i've known the character.

making Shockwave a car, is an insult to the character.

i don't follow you. wasn't he a tape recorder? you mean he never scanned an earth vehicle?

Bah, that was a stupid conversion anyways, I'm glad it was named Shockblast instead of tarnishing the name Shockwave with that toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"