• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who dropped the ball at this year's E3?

Hudson

Avenger
Joined
Jul 23, 2002
Messages
10,872
Reaction score
0
Points
31
Personally for me it was Bioware believe it or not, sure they had Mass effect a great looking game I'll be getting at day one.. but sorry I was missing Dragon Age and I've been missing it for two years.
Well I am a firm believer that you should announce and show a game when actually got somethign to ****ing show... it seemed Bioware did not.. so here I am waiting.:( :down
 
Oh we're talking about the games themselves not the big 3, ok, I was like "Why even bother making this thread omfg:o".

FASA studios wins the prize for me. They got the SHADOWRUN liscense, and I've gotten more familiar with Shadowrun and frankly it shouldn't be hard to make a decent Deus Ex style game from something like Shadowrun, likea GOOD GAME. And what do they do with that deep liscense?

Make an online only counter-strike mod that takes place BEFORE any of the Cannon Shadowrun, and openly admit that they are changing Cannon for the game. It bares no resemblense to Shadowrun, at all.

Biggest dropped ball of E3.
 
Zenien said:
Oh we're talking about the games themselves not the big 3, ok, I was like "Why even bother making this thread omfg:o".

FASA studios wins the prize for me. They got the SHADOWRUN liscense, and I've gotten more familiar with Shadowrun and frankly it shouldn't be hard to make a decent Deus Ex style game from something like Shadowrun, likea GOOD GAME. And what do they do with that deep liscense?

Make an online only counter-strike mod that takes place BEFORE any of the Cannon Shadowrun, and openly admit that they are changing Cannon for the game. It bares no resemblense to Shadowrun, at all.

Biggest dropped ball of E3.

Oh yeah you're right, I'm just kinda bitter over the lack of Dragon age :o
But Shadowrun = the biggest cock up ever:o :down
 
Capcom. They completely ignored both Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4.
 
On a side note, I'm predicting now that we'll see DMC4 at TGS.
 
I just don't get how they show us a kick ass trailer for RE5 a year ago, and then completely ignore it at the world's biggest game expo.
 
Well the trailer was CG, and shortly after they said that RE5 was a 'long ways off', so maybe they didn't have enough to show this year, ebats me. Hopefully DMC4 makes an appearance at the next show though.
 
LucasArts no lightsaber game for Wii in development. All they said was they are looking into it which is pretty much a maybe. They made the rouge leader seris huge hits why not a wii version of Star Wars
 
Sony - $600 price tag for the GOOD Playstation 3 killed them. They would have had a great show if it weren't for that one piece of extremely crappy news.

Capcom - no Resident Evil 5. I want to find out if any version of it will end up on the Wii, considering that I own Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube. Ignoring the Wii after all the in-continuity games of the Resident Evil series are on the Nintendo console is a very bad move (which the Playstation, Playstation 2, Dreamcast, and Xbox lack).
 
The Halo 3 trailer looking pretty much like the Halo 2 original trailer. :(
 
YEah, SHADOWRUN looks like it has been screwed up :(
 
Indiglo said:

how did nintendo drop the ball, they had the best showing.

and as far as no resident evil games being shown for wii.... they gotta have some aces in the hole for down the line, cant show everything at he very beginning.
 
Sony by not even giving more details on RE5...even that would have suficed. That was a huge missed oppotunity.

All the publishers who didn't pick up Possession. For shame.


BTW if you wanna know what DMC4 will be like, play DMC 1-3 and imagine better graphics :up:
 
hippie_hunter said:
Sony - $600 price tag for the GOOD Playstation 3 killed them. They would have had a great show if it weren't for that one piece of extremely crappy news.

Capcom - no Resident Evil 5. I want to find out if any version of it will end up on the Wii, considering that I own Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube. Ignoring the Wii after all the in-continuity games of the Resident Evil series are on the Nintendo console is a very bad move (which the Playstation, Playstation 2, Dreamcast, and Xbox lack).

At least Wii will get an exclusive RE-game:

E3 2006: Resident Evil Infects Wii
Capcom officially announces new survival horror title specifically for Nintendo's console.
by Matt Casamassina
May 10, 2006 - Publisher Capcom today announced that it is underway with a new Resident Evil game developed exclusively for Nintendo's Wii console. The game will take advantage of the system's unique controller for a new take on the atmospheric franchise.


"The next-generation console Wii is garnering much attention with its groundbreaking new controller. The new Resident Evil game for the console will combine the series' intense gaming experience and atmosphere with the revolutionary control system of the Wii," Capcom said in an official statement.
No further details about the title have been revealed. Even so, this is fantastic news for Wii fans around the world.
 
Just make its like RE4 on GC but with the kickass Wii controller setup.
 
Galactus said:
At least Wii will get an exclusive RE-game:

E3 2006: Resident Evil Infects Wii
Capcom officially announces new survival horror title specifically for Nintendo's console.
by Matt Casamassina
May 10, 2006 - Publisher Capcom today announced that it is underway with a new Resident Evil game developed exclusively for Nintendo's Wii console. The game will take advantage of the system's unique controller for a new take on the atmospheric franchise.


"The next-generation console Wii is garnering much attention with its groundbreaking new controller. The new Resident Evil game for the console will combine the series' intense gaming experience and atmosphere with the revolutionary control system of the Wii," Capcom said in an official statement.
No further details about the title have been revealed. Even so, this is fantastic news for Wii fans around the world.

Sounds like it might go for the first person shooter route and well... RE didn't pull that off to well.
 
I think RE will probaly use the Wii controller for chainsaw use more then FPS
 
Sony: $600 price tag and Wii Rip-off controller were bad.

Microsoft: Other than Halo 3, there was nothing good.

Capcom: As said, no RE or DMC.
 
I'd disagree abut the wii ripoff, it's not a wii by any stretch, it is somethign different from that though it may come off as something in the same spirit. I have no doubt that it was in response to Nintendo, but I can see applications for it in 'traditional' games more so than the obvious Warhawk.

There are like Wii games, and Traditional games, and they both have their place imo.

But the prices on the PS3 units should be 100 dollar less each.

Still though this is more apublisher developer thing. WHo do you think, what dev, dropped the ball this E3?
 
Zenien said:
I'd disagree abut the wii ripoff, it's not a wii by any stretch, it is somethign different from that though it may come off as something in the same spirit. I have no doubt that it was in response to Nintendo, but I can see applications for it in 'traditional' games more so than the obvious Warhawk.

There are like Wii games, and Traditional games, and they both have their place imo.

But the prices on the PS3 units should be 100 dollar less each.

Still though this is more apublisher developer thing. WHo do you think, what dev, dropped the ball this E3?
Agreed, I'm still saying Bioware did:o
 
Spidey-Bat said:
Sony: $600 price tag and Wii Rip-off controller were bad.

Microsoft: Other than Halo 3, there was nothing good.

Capcom: As said, no RE or DMC.

i saw a video on www.ign.com about the ps3 controller, the guy said " we actually have been working on this controller since the very first playstation, we are just ready now to put it out there. it isnt a surprise that other companies thought about the idea"

he couldnt even say it with a straight face. sony lost huge points when they did this sell out move with the controller.

just like back in the day, everyone copies nintendo in some way or another.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"