Who here besides me thinks this might top the 90's show?

^ She was a scape-goat to drive the plot & give exposition. She was completely unnecessary. There are far better & more creative ways to do the things they did in that show without her.

Let see

The Vulture - "Survival Of The Fittest" vs. "Shriek of the Vulture"

IMO Shriek of the Vulture was way better . Their was a much better characterization of
Adrian Tommes . Plus I thought the dynamic between Spidey vs. Vulture was much more in line with the comics.

Electro - "Interactions" vs. "The Price Of Heroism"

IMO "Interactions" wins this (Since it main focus was on Electro), However "The Price Of Heroism" was a fantastic episode that gave a great ending to "The Six Forgotten Warriors" arc with Captain America, Plus I like Electro introduction better .

I'm just shocked that the bad guys in the 90's series even considered Spider-man a serious threat. It always seemed like they could trick him, knock him out, and capture him whenever they felt like it. Spidey's blobby, body builder physique never seemed capable of handling anything. Did the censors and lobbyists have something to do with making Spider-man so incredibly incompetent or was that all John Semper's doing?

"M-M-Mary Jane..."

I agree with Kal-El. In both "Shriek of the Vulture" & "The Price of Heroism," the villians were a much greater threat to Spider-Man, the city, and just overall more powerful. Only thing I didn't like was the origin of Electro... which come to think of it, I haven't really favored any incarnations of his origin... I like the character, just not the various ways they've derived to give him is power.

Well, I liked the fact that in the new series, these villains are just getting started like Spider-man. So, they still haven't gotten used to their new powers and fully realized their potential. I'm sure once Electro gets the hang of his powers, he'll be a far more dangerous threat to Spidey.

I thought the whole youth absorption power thing that the Vulture used in the 90's series was absolutely ridiculous. "Oh no!!! I've got 5 more seconds-- then I get old again!!!"... and Electro as Red Skull's son? Ugh.

I didn't mind Vulture's power that much in the 90's series. Made him a bit more interesting than just an old guy who could fly. And I agree with you as far as Electro's origin - that's just one of many horrible ideas his origin has been subjected to.

I'm just shocked that the bad guys in the 90's series even considered Spider-man a serious threat. It always seemed like they could trick him, knock him out, and capture him whenever they felt like it. Spidey's blobby, body builder physique never seemed capable of handling anything. Did the censors and lobbyists have something to do with making Spider-man so incredibly incompetent or was that all John Semper's doing?

"M-M-Mary Jane..."
Maybe his villains knew that he wouldn't hit them. :O

The only time Spidey was a real threat is when he had the symbiote suit, and even then, he was doing things he should have been able to do without the symbiote. But I love the way he handed The Rhino his ass in his black duds. :cool:

Electro as Red Skull's son? Ugh.

I like Electro in the 90's better than S.S.M.

For one thing he was actually a villian, The Max in this series isn't, he just a misunderstood guy who accidentally got electrocuted (looking for a cure)

Second I like the classic outfit of Electro over this new nipple garbage suit .

Third Electro was more powerful .

I didn't mind Vulture's power that much in the 90's series. Made him a bit more interesting than just an old guy who could fly. And I agree with you as far as Electro's origin - that's just one of many horrible ideas his origin has been subjected to.
I really didn't like how he became young in the 1990's series. He should have stayed old.

For one thing he was actually a villian, The Max in this series isn't, he just a misunderstood guy who accidentally got electrocuted (looking for a cure)

The original Electro of the comics was just an electrician who got his powers via accidental electrocution-- very similar to the one in the new series. I'm sure as he gets more acclimated to his new powers, he'll become more dangerous and powerful, but it made sense to me that he'd be freaking-out trying to find a way to be normal again at first rather than robbing banks or trying to destroy the city. I like how the containment suit coupled with the electricity streaming out of him is a cool homage to the original costume. It made sense that he'd have something like that rather than going to Spandex-mart and spending time sewing-up a green and yellow lighting bolt costume with a starfish mask and parading around in it calling Red Skull "daddy".

Electro - "Interactions" vs. "The Price Of Heroism"

IMO "Interactions" wins this (Since it main focus was on Electro), However "The Price Of Heroism" was a fantastic episode that gave a great ending to "The Six Forgotten Warriors" arc with Captain America, Plus I like Electro introduction better .

The fact that Electro was German and was the chameleon's "brother" automatically makes this episode inferior imo.

I really didn't like how he became young in the 1990's series. He should have stayed old.

Me neither-- it just seemed like such a hokey magical sort of power. "I can absorb your youthful essence by touching you, but then somehow, magically, you'll become young again in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... TA DA!" They should have called him the Magic Green Falcon or something instead of the Vulture.

I was never a fan of the starfish suit, but what I do know is that the electricity is effecting Max's mind in SSM, so when we see Electro again, he will be more "crazy", and he'll put his main focus next time on Spider-Man.

The tubes on his nipples is probably a bit too much though.

Me neither-- it just seemed like such a hokey magical sort of power. "I can absorb your youthful essence by touching you, but then somehow, magically, you'll become young again in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... TA DA!" They should have called him the Magic Green Falcon or something instead of the Vulture.
Yeah, this show actually has the Vulture as an old man, which is the way he should be. By the way guys, just because I think this show might beat the 1990's show, I still love the 1990's show. It's just that this show seems more comic book like than the 1990's show.

I think he will begin to embrace his powers more and more as time goes and turn criminal.

90s spiderman is very highly overrated.

there's only about 10 good episodes out of the bunch, of course it can be a better series.

but can it come up with pure pieces of genius like the alien symbiote, or nail the lizard like night of the lizard (as well as parker's relationship with aunt may and him using his cash to pay bills) or the stroke of genius which is armed and dangerous which does a better origin and characterisation of doc ock than the second spidey film?

only time will tell but i sincerely doubt it.

peter parker's voice is set in my mind and its the voice of the 90s spiderman, you can't mess with that kinda foundation but maybe to a newer younger audience, this could have a very similar effect.

I await to see how the bigger villains play out.

the only remotely cool thing about electro was that he took down shield.

That was ****ing ace. Only good part of a long winded arc...

I'm glad they changed the costume. Not only does this show's Electro costume serve a purpose unlike the 90's one but it just looks cooler IMO. I liked the 90's show as a kid but November Rain is right, if you watch it now it is WAAAAAAAY Overrated. And Vulture's 90's arc was kind of lame,too. Him trying to turn young is...

:dry: It was a good show but with a handful of GREAT episodes.

I'm glad they changed the costume. Not only does this show's Electro costume serve a purpose unlike the 90's one but it just looks cooler IMO. I liked the 90's show as a kid but November Rain is right, if you watch it now it is WAAAAAAAY Overrated. And Vulture's 90's arc was kind of lame,too. Him trying to turn young is...

:dry: It was a good show but with a handful of GREAT episodes.

Yeah, same with me. I liked it, but it doesn't hold up anymore.

I think people need to stop living in the past with the 90's show...

the only remotely cool thing about electro was that he took down shield.

That was ****ing ace. Only good part of a long winded arc...

Agreed. Although seeing Whizzer and Miss America animated was kind of cool as well...

Yeah, same with me. I liked it, but it doesn't hold up anymore.

I think people need to stop living in the past with the 90's show...
Yeah, I have and always will love the show, but there's a new series out and people should start focusing more on that if they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"