• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers Who hopes we get the flipping symbol scene transitions?

Be cool if they worked it in, like after the credits end they do the Decepticon to Autobot head flip.
 
ah man how much would i love this to happen at least once, i dont care if its corny i love it HAHAHAHA!!!!
 
They may add it in like one time for nostalgia. It's possible, but I wouldn't do it for every single screen wipe or transition. Though on the other hand it would make me smile if they kept it for the entire movie.
 
It would be interesting but I can't see it working without making the general audience cringe...
 
As somebody already mentioned, the only time where it can be used without being completely out of place and goofy is when transitioning from the opening credits to the movie or from the movie to the ending credits.

Any time during the actual movie...it would just look stupid.

Personally, the symbol-transition is one piece of nostalgia I could do without. I liked the idea I'd heard about the flying stars in the Paramount logo being Autobot and Decepticon symbols on one side. But that's about as close as I want them to get to a symbol-transition.
 
The same reason the transition wouldn't work is the same reason the infamous transform sound effect wouldn't work. It was just to symbolize stuff in the cartoon.
 
I want it to pop up on a computer screen as a screen saver.
 
bah and you guys call yourselves comic book fans? Wheres the vision, but first wheres the love? I think it could work depending on the feel and tone of the movie, and should only be used sparingly.

terry78 said:
The same reason the transition wouldn't work is the same reason the infamous transform sound effect wouldn't work. It was just to symbolize stuff in the cartoon.


with the right sound technology it could work. Maybe transforming from a distance....
 
id want the music to go with it as well
 
In2Minds said:
id want the music to go with it as well

I agree but in the end both should definitly be in the credits. With the end film to credits transition featuring the flipping logos. And the last song in the credits being one of the transformer themes like Raimi did at the end of spiderman.

I`d love it if they also put in the break dancing soundwave.lol
 
terry78 said:
The same reason the transition wouldn't work is the same reason the infamous transform sound effect wouldn't work. It was just to symbolize stuff in the cartoon.

I agree in that I can't see how the scene transitions would work well.... but the Transformation SOUND could definately be made to work. Not the same *exact* sound but something highly reminscent of it and recognizable. In my book... this is a must. It is one of the most "iconic" things in Transformers and something that set it apart from similar "mecha" cartoons like Gobots, Voltron, and Robotech.

Leaving the transform sound out would (to me) be like leaving out Godzilla's nuke breath. It's that iconic... to me at least.
 
It could be cool if they did something in the end credits like a blooper reel (ala Smokey and the Bandit) and had the symbols pop in and out of each one.
 
Denny67 said:
It could be cool if they did something in the end credits like a blooper reel (ala Smokey and the Bandit) and had the symbols pop in and out of each one.

Oh God No. That only works in comedies. And, I for one don't expect this movie to be "a comedy."
 
CFlash said:
Oh God No. That only works in comedies. And, I for one don't expect this movie to be "a comedy."

nahhh. Think of it like when Bryan Singer ran out on the X-Men set in a Spiderman outfit. I think fans would get a kick out of it, especially if it were well into the credits in maybe a DVD extra.

I could defiantly see the flipping symbol in the DVD. :)
 
Denny67 said:
nahhh. Think of it like when Bryan Singer ran out on the X-Men set in a Spiderman outfit. I think fans would get a kick out of it, especially if it were well into the credits in maybe a DVD extra.

I could defiantly see the flipping symbol in the DVD. :)

Oh yeah, in that case I wholehearted agree. In fact the symbol flip transition should IMO definately be in the TITLE menu of the DVD. As you hit Play Movie, the auto/decept transition kicks in. That'd be awesome.
 
ObakeTora said:
bah and you guys call yourselves comic book fans? Wheres the vision, but first wheres the love? I think it could work depending on the feel and tone of the movie, and should only be used sparingly.




with the right sound technology it could work. Maybe transforming from a distance....

i would like to here the sound when they transformer however it may not be pracitcal althougth i do not want to here pistons clunking and metal chruching as they transform a smooth fluid sound would suffice
 
I just dont think it would fit in a live action movie. It then makes it way to cartoonish
 
i dont mean the exact sound i agree with you it would be out of place in a live action movie what i don't want is bay to make the sound seem too robotic
 
I'd love to see it as long as it's only used a handful of times. Using it to transition from EVERY scene would be overkill though. I think 3 or 4 times at major parts of the movie would be cool though.
 
^I agree with that. Maybe like once when they land on Earth, a transition to the humans before they meet them. Again when the Decepticons start causing damage and making plans, and maybe a third time when they prepare for the climax of the movie. Some people didn't notice, but the flipping symbol usually changed to Decepticon or Autobot depending on who was in the next scene or who was being discussed.
 
there are just some things they cant change but will just because they can.
 
terry78 said:
^I agree with that. Maybe like once when they land on Earth, a transition to the humans before they meet them. Again when the Decepticons start causing damage and making plans, and maybe a third time when they prepare for the climax of the movie. Some people didn't notice, but the flipping symbol usually changed to Decepticon or Autobot depending on who was in the next scene or who was being discussed.

I noticed that :)

I also noticed that sometimes if the scenes didn't contain actual transformers they would go based on how "good" or "evil" the humans were. For example, on the episode "REturn of Optimus Prime", the first 5 or 6 minutes there's like 3 transitions and they're all autobot to...autobot! because the humans in the scene(at the time) are viewed as good guys.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"