Who is looking forward to this?

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Who is looking forward to this? It seems it doesn't have much of a built in audience, the otaku fans mostly seem to hate the idea, people who don't like DBZ will not be convinced and will avoid it and finally the vast majority of the general public who don't know about DBZ will likely dismiss it as being silly (look what happened to speed racer.)

There's already a thread for this, I think.

Who is looking forward to this? It seems it doesn't have much of a built in audience, the otaku fans mostly seem to hate the idea, people who don't like DBZ will not be convinced and will avoid it and finally the vast majority of the general public who don't know about DBZ will likely dismiss it as being silly (look what happened to speed racer.)

Google DB movie
DB la pelicula
and all the languages you can, you will see that the expectation are huge outsite U.S.A

Google DB movie
DB la pelicula
and all the languages you can, you will see that the expectation are huge outsite U.S.A

First ignoring dosmatic box office results is death movie.

Second are Japanese otakus really more forgiving to this film than American otakus?

Speed Racer is being dismissed because it is, in a word, BAD.

It is far too early to tell if DB will be bad or not. However, it is obvious that they wont be going for the over exploded candy coated look of Speed Racer.

i'm so excited for this movie i can't wait
wass debistated when i heard it release was moved to 2009

Been looking forward to this since... 8 or 7 years ago. Looooooooooooooooooooooong time...

They better not screw up.

DBZ have more audience than Speed Racer (but this last one was misunderstood by the public)...

This movie just has a bad auora around it. But if the SFX are cool and it delivers it with a straight face, the mainstream will enjoy it even if it is crap (see Transformers and X3 for reference).

This movie just has a bad auora around it. But if the SFX are cool and it delivers it with a straight face, the mainstream will enjoy it even if it is crap (see Transformers and X3 for reference).

I haven't gotten the "bad auora" thing yet. Post production makes a huge different so even the pictures we have so far don't tell the whole story. Either way, I like where it's going so far and a trailer will give me a better idea of what to expect.

The ation scenes are going to make or break this film. It's got to be over the top bone crunching violence. I wont settle for anything less.

And I'm still not happy about Chatwin's serious look. He's suppose to be care free like a kid with Attention Defecit Syndrome, but when he needs to get serious he can.

i liked speed racer...haha.

but that's besides the point. i think pretty much everyone is looking forward to this movie. i mean...it's dragon ball for crying out loud. i think the peoples' curiosity will drive them to watch the movie. i really wanna see how the fights will be, and see the actors yelling up a storm.

If there were no fanboy blogs covering this movie then yes no one is looking forward to it but there are several dragonball movie related blogs in several countries.

Tell me whether speed racer had any dedicated blog covering the movie like JP or JAPPO's site?

Answer is NONE!!

If there were no fanboy blogs covering this movie then yes no one is looking forward to it but there are several dragonball movie related blogs in several countries.

Tell me whether speed racer had any dedicated blog covering the movie like JP or JAPPO's site?

Answer is NONE!!

Good point.

I'm very much looking forward to the film. I like everything I've seen so far but a trailer will give a better idea of what to expect. Only then will I know with what mindset I'll be walking into the theater.

I'm not, I just wanna see how this will be!

This movie should have been this:

51KMX5DJB1L.jpg

not this:

GokuBulma.jpg

i think he means more intense...not just the characters looking at the camera.

Sooo... you want Goku to be as angry as Vegeta?...

:cmad:

i dont...i have no problem with it....i was simply guessing at what hector may have meant

I wanna see Goku that angry....but only after Piccolo kills Roshi

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"