Who is looking forward to this?

i get your point but i disagree. that´s exactly what happened to me. i started watching the anime in the freeza saga and fell in love with it.
but i don´t think it would be as easy to show the greatness of the story and also have to give all the background information needed (if you want to start with the saiyan saga), in a two hour movie as it is in an anime where you have a lot of time to give explanations and flashbacks.
Star Wars is just as out there as Dragonball and was able to explain itself to the viewer fairly well within a period of time comparable to the length of the Dragonball movie, so I don’t think a more faithful adaptation would have been too abstruse for people to follow.

Star Wars is just as out there as Dragonball and was able to explain itself to the viewer fairly well within a period of time comparable to the length of the Dragonball movie, so I don’t think a more faithful adaptation would have been too abstruse for people to follow.

i think we are discussing different things here. i was saying that the movies should start with dragonball instead of dbz, you seem to be talking about wanting a more faithful adaptation
im glad they are going for a realistic version of dragonball though, think its gonna sell a lot more than a more faithful adaptation, but thats not what i was saying
Star Wars are the greatest movies ever for me, so i wouldn´t say "if star wars can pull it off, then why not this one?".. im hoping this one becomes even bigger than star wars, but thats a naive, nearly impossible dream. im still hoping though

i think we are discussing different things here. i was saying that the movies should start with dragonball instead of dbz, you seem to be talking about wanting a more faithful adaptation
im glad they are going for a realistic version of dragonball though, think its gonna sell a lot more than a more faithful adaptation, but thats not what i was saying
Star Wars are the greatest movies ever for me, so i wouldn´t say "if star wars can pull it off, then why not this one?".. im hoping this one becomes even bigger than star wars, but thats a naive, nearly impossible dream. im still hoping though
Oh, I see. I guess I didn't read the debate far back enough. :yay:

of course they would care
how can you enjoy a movie when you can´t understand half of whats going on???
geez
try starting watching any trilogy of movies from the second movie instead of the first one and see how much you enjoy it

how meaningful would picolo turning to good be if you don´t know evil he was before? it would take so much away from the saiyan saga if this movie isn´t done first

I can enjoy plenty of movies with a nonsensical plot. As for trilogy movies, there's Indiana Jones and Die Hard. Some could watch those without watching the first movie and still enjoy it.

My point is no one cares if he was evil before or not. They can take one look at him and come to the conclusion that this guy doesn't look very friendly. All the people will want to see is great action and cool effects.

My point is no one cares if he was evil before or not. They can take one look at him and come to the conclusion that this guy doesn't look very friendly. All the people will want to see is great action and cool effects.

Gonna have to disagree with you there...

I can enjoy plenty of movies with a nonsensical plot. As for trilogy movies, there's Indiana Jones and Die Hard. Some could watch those without watching the first movie and still enjoy it.

Second.

All this "Piccolo needs to be evil first!!!" is bullcrap and lazy. Get to the stuff that made Dragonball amazing, epic, original, interesting: The Saiyan Saga. You can just watch the first episode of DBZ without ever having heard of it and see that Piccolo is evil. 'Nuff said.

Second.

All this "Piccolo needs to be evil first!!!" is bullcrap and lazy. Get to the stuff that made Dragonball amazing, epic, original, interesting: The Saiyan Saga. You can just watch the first episode of DBZ without ever having heard of it and see that Piccolo is evil. 'Nuff said.
Well i'm sure you can wait a little under 3 years for that.

Second.

Exactly.

Second.

who´s saying you can´t??
im saying its much less meaningful, and takes away a lot from the saiyan saga (a lot of what you don´t care about obviously)

you want a movie made for fans, i want a movie made for everyone. that way, the movie will sell big and we´ll have sequels

anyways, it seems im getting what i want :oldrazz:

I am a bit looking forwaqrd to it just because I'm a dragon ball fan but I don’t have high expectations, everything what we have seen doesn’t scream WOWW to me. It probably will be some movie that is a bit entertaining but nothing more. And dragon ball deserves more than a bit entertaining :csad:

I can be wrong ofcourse maybe it's going to be one hell of a movie(I'm hoping).:o

this film has sparked my interest within the last week or so. i have fond childhood memories of the manga and anime series, so there's a nostalgic hook right off the bat... but i'm also impressed by the visual style of the film and with the cast so far.

all in all, i'm quite excited to see how this all turns out in the end.

who´s saying you can´t??
im saying its much less meaningful, and takes away a lot from the saiyan saga (a lot of what you don´t care about obviously)

you want a movie made for fans, i want a movie made for everyone. that way, the movie will sell big and we´ll have sequels

anyways, it seems im getting what i want

Skipping "Piccolo as a bad guy" does NOT take anything away from the Saiyan Saga, it can be explained who he was in a flashback/few minutes of explanation.

I care about Piccolo, he's one of my favorite characters after Krillin, Vegeta, and then Goku. His story arc of becoming a father figure to Gohan after training him for a year and eventually becoming one of Goku's most trusted friends is awesome and really important. But I knew all of this without ever having seen ONE episode of "DragonBall." It doesn't matter.

And the reason I'm even suggesting getting rid of that unnecessary story line is so we get a DragonBall Z movie that is MADE FOR EVERYONE. A movie that gets to the freaking point without wasting a WHOLE MOVIE that was done half-assed.

This DragonBall movie where Piccolo is the main villain is a wasted opportunity and it feels like the only people who really appreciate it are the hardcore fans, not the general audience. But I guess the general audience will never have another movie to compare to. Great.

I`m looking forward to this film...the wait of alittle over 9 months is gonna suck though

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"