BvS Who is Miscast in this cinematic universe?

For me it's hard to say miscast since these people all did what they're characters were supposed to do. Like with no idea of who the characters would be like or what exact version they'd be, the cast sounds good.

Though, I do agree that it's hard to find Affleck as such an old and tired Batman (unless him being rich helps keep up the youthful look is something we're supposed to take away, but I doubt it).

I think Batman and Superman are cast well. Lois especially. Irons is good, JK Simmons will be amazing. I like Gal. Not sure yet how The Flash will be, to be honest. Fingers crossed.

Can you give us your reasons? I'll start by countering your choices:

Amy Adams as Lois Lane: 5 times Academy Award nominee who chased the role because she loves the character of Lois Lane. Beautiful, acclaimed actress who's frankly slumming it out of love for the character.

Laurence Fishburne as Perry White: the only thing wrong with his casting is that he hasn't been given enough to do, but what he has done is fantastic. He effortlessly fuses 'big editor toughness' with humanity and compassion.

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor: underrated performance.

Ezra Miller as Barry Allen: seriously WHAT?! He absolutely killed it in his short scenes. His enthusiasm for the role is a joy to behold.

Diane Lane as Martha Kent: I agree with you on this one. At the age of 52 she is far too young to be cast as Martha, and the ageing-up makeup looks fake and horrible. But that's Hollywood for you!

Amy Adams: Doesn't give off the feist and spirit of what I usually associate with Lois Lane.

Laurence Fishburne: I don't think he embodies or gives of a Perry White vibe. He just seems to be there as opposed to being the life of the daily planet.

Jesse Eisenberg: Horrible horrible choice for Lex, some people said he was intimidating in the role but I find that laughable as he just looks like a little punk.

Ezra Miller: Don't like what I have seen of him so far and feel like he doesn't give of a Barry vibe.

Diane Lane: To young and just seems like something is off everytime she is on screen.

Are you serious? He had several lines of very important dialogue which helped to change Bruce's point of view. And he didn't stand still in a store, he was buying milk and then stopped a robbery within a second because he is, you know, The Flash? :whatever:

So buying milk really impressed you? Because stopping the robbery want exactly a performance, moreso a special effect. And several lines of important dialogue? Didn't he basically just say "I'm too early but you were right"? Not much to judge a performance on. Don't know how you can say he killed it

Amy Adams: Doesn't give off the feist and spirit of what I usually associate with Lois Lane.

Laurence Fishburne: I don't think he embodies or gives of a Perry White vibe. He just seems to be there as opposed to being the life of the daily planet.

Jesse Eisenberg: Horrible horrible choice for Lex, some people said he was intimidating in the role but I find that laughable as he just looks like a little punk.

Ezra Miller: Don't like what I have seen of him so far and feel like he doesn't give of a Barry vibe.

Diane Lane: To young and just seems like something is off everytime she is on screen.

Thanks for giving you reasons - and we agree that Diane Lane is too young! :yay:

So buying milk really impressed you? Because stopping the robbery want exactly a performance, moreso a special effect. And several lines of important dialogue? Didn't he basically just say "I'm too early but you were right"? Not much to judge a performance on. Don't know how you can say he killed it

Well neither of us are going to change our opinions so let's just agree to disagree!

Aside from Eisenberg, I was fine with everyone's casting.

At this point , they better not mess up the casting of Darkseid and he better be much more dynamic , compelling , and imposing villain than Lex Jr. The casting better be spot on for the sake of JLA. Albeit , he'll most likely be more Cgi mo cap , but they better get it right in terms of the actor who brings the character to life.

Well neither of us are going to change our opinions so let's just agree to disagree!

don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem (so far) with Ezra playing the flash. I just don't know how any can know he killed it from about 20 seconds screen time

don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem (so far) with Ezra playing the flash. I just don't know how any can know he killed it from about 20 seconds screen time

Maybe 'killed it' was a bit hyperbolic of me, I agree with you there. I also admit bias because I think although this film (and MoS) had some problems, the cast was not one of them. I just thought that his delivery of the few lines he did have was very good, he convinced me that something terrible (like Injustice) must have happened in the future he came from and that his message was important.

I agree with BaneIs8FeetTall for two reasons - what's wrong with Amy Adams (correct answer: nothing :cwink:*), and if you post a name please give reasons!

*This is sarcasm. Although I'm a fan I know that a) nobody is perfect and b) if you have valid reasons for not liking her as Lois (I.e not 'she's too old/not 'hot' enough') I'm not going to have a go at you.

To varying degrees:

Affleck: He couldn't pull off Bruce, but outstanding costumes and solid effects hid his flaws as Batman.

Gadot- an obvious miscast, but her limited screen time didn't detract from BvS. Her solo film might be a different story.

Eisenberg- one of the worst castings in any CBM. He was like nails down a chalkboard with every line he delivered.

To varying degrees:

Affleck: He couldn't pull off Bruce, but outstanding costumes and solid effects hid his flaws as Batman.

Gadot- an obvious miscast, but her limited screen time didn't detract from BvS. Her solo film might be a different story.

Eisenberg- one of the worst castings in any CBM. He was like nails down a chalkboard with every line he delivered.

In the Synderverse you audition for Jimmy Olsen and come out as Lex Luthor.
giphy.gif

What's wrong with Amy Adams as Lois?

It's not Adams herself, it's how the character is written. She's not interesting in these movies. Has limited personality in general (not even comparing it to the feisty Lois)

And then, again not her fault, the handling of the love story is terrible. But then again I can probably count on one hand the decent-well handled major superhero love stories.

Practically everybody apart from Affleck is miscast

Cavill, Gadot, Fishburne, Adams, Ezra... can't remember last time we have seen such massive miscasting across the board

To be fair, Eisenberg still plays Jimmy Olsen but on acid trip.

In this verse Jimmy is a secret service agent, I think the one on an acid trip is Snyder. And yes I am aware Jimmy Olsen Supermans best friend occurred.

I like the cast except for Eisenberg

To varying degrees:

Affleck: He couldn't pull off Bruce, but outstanding costumes and solid effects hid his flaws as Batman. (I disagree)

Gadot- an obvious miscast, but her limited screen time didn't detract from BvS. Her solo film might be a different story. (Woah, there, honey!)

Eisenberg- one of the worst castings in any CBM. He was like nails down a chalkboard with every line he delivered. (Hyperbole, much?)

But yeah, pretty much any director, I think, would allow Cavill to be warmer as Supes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"