Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Who is the clairvoyant.

The twist may be a totally different: Garrett will (due to the serum) become the real clairvoyant - even if it was just a decoy in the first place...

My first guess would be Victoria Hand for the ghost .

Just throwing this out there and I'm not sure if I'd like it, but I would find it interesting if Victoria Hand returned as an undead Deathlok cyborg trooper being controlled by Garrett's Hydra cell.

Fair enough. :woot:
I'd be willing to save the discussion til Wednesday night to keep you spoiler-free, but I've a feeling that's going to be impossible for other people here to do, so it's up to you.

I usually stay off the AoS forum after Tuesday evening to save myself from spoilers and return on Thursday. Good side is I avoid spoilers, downside is that all the good plot points are discussed and everyone has already moved on :doh:

Seeing as the show isn't on til like 2am my time, it's just one of those things I guess. It's a shame, I love discussing all this with you guys :yay:

I usually stay off the AoS forum after Tuesday evening to save myself from spoilers and return on Thursday. Good side is I avoid spoilers, downside is that all the good plot points are discussed and everyone has already moved on :doh:

Seeing as the show isn't on til like 2am my time, it's just one of those things I guess. It's a shame, I love discussing all this with you guys :yay:

The show airs also on 2am my time, but on Wensdays I go up 4 in the morning (and go to sleep earlier of course), so that I can see AoS before I go to work.

The show airs also on 2am my time, but on Wensdays I go up 4 in the morning (and go to sleep earlier of course), so that I can see AoS before I go to work.

You know, that's a good idea and one I wish I'd thought of months ago... Can't do it this week either, good timing :funny:

You know, that's a good idea and one I wish I'd thought of months ago... Can't do it this week either, good timing

An idea to next season. :yay:

On topic though, tonight the debate wheter Garret is the Clairvoyant or not will most likely be resolved. I for one think it is Garret now, but it would be cool if it is Thomas Nash, as some have suggested (even I, on one occasion).

This is my last post on this until I watch it

On Thursday I shall return either triumphant with a marching band and parade or be hiding from cherokeesam :oldrazz:

Well, hello, boys. Remember me? ;)

heh heh heh

Yeah like I said Amy Acker wasn't in the episode.

The only thing that keeps me from completely dismissing this... is that it would explain why the Clairvoyant "doesn't like to be touched."

But even assuming Skye's "dad" were somehow the "real Clairvoyant", I still don't think there's any chance that its a resurrected Nash.

The only thing that keeps me from completely dismissing this... is that it would explain why the Clairvoyant "doesn't like to be touched."

But even assuming Skye's "dad" were somehow the "real Clairvoyant", I still don't think there's any chance that its a resurrected Nash.

What's the point of the bloody hands? It's clearly meant to indicate somebody who "died" (allegedly) earlier in the season. We can rule out Graviton, since he's actually become *part* of the gravitonium (and will certainly return in that fashion). Garrett's attempt at resurrection failed spectacularly. Unless they go way off the reservation and make it someone with no direct ties to the Clairvoyant story arc (Scorch, Quan Chen, Dr. Randolph, etc.), then Nash makes sense. Psychic with Department H, the logistics of the underground lair scene and accompanying dialogue, the need to shed a worthless mortal body, the fact that it's Brad "Crazy Guy" Dourif in an (allegedly) insignificant role.

What's the point of the bloody hands?
Usually, bloody hands indicates you just murdered someone, not that you've just been resurrected. See also Pontius Pilate, Macbeth, etc...

the fact that it's Brad "Crazy Guy" Dourif in an (allegedly) insignificant role.
I don't know who this guy is, but there is occasionally such a thing as stunt casting.

Raina clearly indicates that she has met this man before. He can't be the Clairevoyant.

Raina used The Clairvoyant/Hydra (who she hadn't met) to help this guy (who she had met and was trying to help). It makes zero sense for him to be The Clairvoyant.

The bloody hands do tend to represent someone who had killed or whatever...not someone who had been killed. I'm trying to think of someone in the Marvel comics that bleeds and can't really come up with anything that sounds like it'd be correct.

Nash was shot in the chest, and was paralyzed.

This guy has bloody wounds all over him apparantly and can move his arms just fine.

It's not Nash.

Those didn't look like bloody hands to me. They looked like *oozing* hands.

Also, Nash lived an ordinary life until well after Skye was stuck in child services. He's not Skye's father.

This guy has bloody wounds all over him apparantly and can move his arms just fine.

It's not Nash.

I agree...its not Nash....
this dude has bigger arms.....
Hey wait...
Does the Inhuman Gorgon have children?

Definitely somebody new.
Or at least somebody we have not seen on the show yet

Deathlok said to Garrett "I was told to never leave your side"
Come on guys and girls......clairvoyant still is and unsolved issue

Usually, bloody hands indicates you just murdered someone, not that you've just been resurrected. See also Pontius Pilate, Macbeth, etc...

Interesting take, but where's the body?
Also, everyone can make their own interpretation, but this looks more like old scarring instead of fresh blood:

bloodyhands_zpsb33e6499.jpg

I don't know who this guy is, but there is occasionally such a thing as stunt casting.

Why? Again: if Nash was just a patsy, *anybody* could have played that role. You don't hire an accomplished cult fave actor to play a five-minute bit that requires no acting or interaction with the scene whatsoever.

Raina clearly indicates that she has met this man before. He can't be the Clairevoyant.

So, she couldn't have met *Thomas Nash* before, without actually realizing he's *The Clairvoyant* until *after* the events of Season 1....? Okay.

It's not Nash.

That's kind of the whole point of taking GH325 and doing the whole resurrection thing, you know....?

Those didn't look like bloody hands to me. They looked like *oozing* hands.

Also, Nash lived an ordinary life until well after Skye was stuck in child services. He's not Skye's father.

And you know the timetable of Nash's life how, exactly....? The only thing we know about his backstory is that he was deemed to have enough psychic powers to be classified as an unregistered gifted and be hired onto "Department H" (whatever that is; we know what it is in the comics); that he had a paralyzing stroke at *some point* in his life and was committed to a rest home; that at *some point* he was moved (voluntarily or involuntarily) to a subterranean lair 500 miles away.

Anyhow, the issue is far from settled until Season 2 begins. I think there's plenty of proof that Nash is The Clairvoyant and that's him in the finale; you guys don't think that, and we've got a whole 'nuther summer to sit back and wait.

Meantime, I'd just like to leave a couple of pics right here.

th_clairvoyant_zpsbebfae0b.png

Thomas Nash, Episode 16: "The End of the Beginning"

skyefather_zps7c1cfe79.jpg

Skye's father, Episode 22: "The Beginning of the End"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member