Who Should Be The Big Bad In Thor 3?

Which is the very reason to not use him in any of the Thor films.

Thanos should be the most powerful antagonistic entity in this universe, as that is what he is being built-up as. I mean, unless you save a more powerful character for after his run, it doesn't make sense to include a villain more powerful

Yes it does. 1. Surtur is so heavily tied to this story. Both in the comics and even in myth. And two he can be a force without undermining Thanos. Surtur is a force of nature. He can just be a destructive flaming force of muspelheim or something. And since Thanos' threat isn't necessarily because of how powerful he is, there is no main reason not to use Surtur

Yes it does. 1. Surtur is so heavily tied to this story. Both in the comics and even in myth. And two he can be a force without undermining Thanos. Surtur is a force of nature. He can just be a destructive flaming force of muspelheim or something. And since Thanos' threat isn't necessarily because of how powerful he is, there is no main reason not to use Surtur

I agree. Surtur's presence in Ragnarok would not do anything to undermine Thanos, because Surtur and Thanos are not in direct competition with each other for being the most powerful force of evil. Rather, they are both powerful forces of evil who serve as final antagonists of two separate storylines. Surtur serves his role as the ultimate antagonist of Ragnarok, and Thanos serves his role as the ultimate antagonist of Infinity Gauntlet/Infinity War. They both have their own niches, and they fill their niches well.

Also, as you said, Thanos isn't just a threat to the universe because of how powerful he is. He's also a unique threat to the universe because of how cunning he is and because of his special knowledge of the Infinity Stones. So having Surtur involved in a different part of the universal battle between good and evil does nothing to undermine Thanos as a villain, because Surtur and Thanos are two different types of villains who fill different niches.

Whoever it is, they better make them a great villain and not another Malekith.

They had a great actor portraying Malekith, they just did not use him properly.

The movie should be bookended by Thanos, and sandwich filled the Surtur/Hela Ragnarok plot.

In the beginning Thanos can be seen freeing Surtur to keep Asgard busy. Near the end, after Odin, Thor and Loki are triumphant over Surtur and Hela, Thanos crashes Odin's Throne Room, pimp hands Thor into space, kills the battle-weakened Odin with his bare hands and a cosmic blast without breaking a sweat, and simply smiles at the fearful Loki, before taking the 2nd gauntlet and cracking open the Cosmic Cube to reveal the Space Gem.

That would be how I would script it. It would give Thanos a reason to be feared without the gems, demonstrate his unbridled power, and tease Loki as the "Mephisto" side-kick in Infinity War.

The movie should be bookended by Thanos, and sandwich filled the Surtur/Hela Ragnarok plot.

In the beginning Thanos can be seen freeing Surtur to keep Asgard busy. Near the end, after Odin, Thor and Loki are triumphant over Surtur and Hela, Thanos crashes Odin's Throne Room, pimp hands Thor into space, kills the battle-weakened Odin with his bare hands and a cosmic blast without breaking a sweat, and simply smiles at the fearful Loki, before taking the 2nd gauntlet and cracking open the Cosmic Cube to reveal the Space Gem.

That would be how I would script it. It would give Thanos a reason to be feared without the gems, demonstrate his unbridled power, and tease Loki as the "Mephisto" side-kick in Infinity War.

I like this idea. My only hope is that Loki survives this movie and Infinity War.

I do think Odin will be dead by the end of next movie which in turn would present Thor with a dilemma: Does he rule Asgard or stay with Jane because I don't think Jane would want to leave all her family and friends on Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"