Who should be the director?

Barry Sonnenfeld would be a solid choice

Wow. Actually kinda happy about him leaving since I didn't have much trust in him.

Matthew Vaughn he can do action,comedy,drama and his films are just extremely fun

Justin Lin? Star Trek Beyond should be finished.

Or if they still want an up-and-comer, maybe Dan Trachtenberg (10 Cloverfield Lane) or Dexter Fletcher (Eddie the Eagle).

Last edited:
I think WB will poach one of the directors Marvel Studios were eyeing for their previous movies. Patty Jenkins was going to direct Thor: The Dark World, exited due to creative differences and signed on for Wonder Woman several years later.

Were there any frontrunners to direct Guardians of the Galaxy before James Gunn signed on?

I think WB will poach one of the directors Marvel Studios were eyeing for their previous movies. Patty Jenkins was going to direct Thor: The Dark World, exited due to creative differences and signed on for Wonder Woman several years later.

Were there any frontrunners to direct Guardians of the Galaxy before James Gunn signed on?

Peyton reed, Ryan Fleck

My first thought was Vaughn, but I'm selfish and want him to do Superman instead.

I'm not at all sad to see Smith leave. He might've done a great job, but I'd feel more comfortable if a more experienced, proven director was handling the project.

Johnathan Levine was on the Antman and Spiderman reboot shortlist and he directed 50/50,Warm Bodies and The Night Before

Rawson Marshall Thurber was on the shortlist for Ant-Man but turned it down. He has a relationship with WB through New Line as he directed We're The Millers and Central Intelligence so he might be eyed by WB as a potential director.

According to the Wrap, WB ultimately felt that they didn't want to take the risk of a first time director after BVS's reception. IMO that's a good idea.

The Wrap also said they want someone with more directing experience, no first timers.

According to the Wrap, WB ultimately felt that they didn't want to take the risk of a first time director after BVS's reception. IMO that's a good idea.

The Wrap also said they want someone with more directing experience, no first timers.

All the directors on the other DC films like Ayer, Jenkins and Wan all have solid directing experience, Jenkins is the only one of the three who hasn't directed anything big budget beforehand but clearly WB liked her vision.

All the directors on the other DC films like Ayer, Jenkins and Wan all have solid directing experience, Jenkins is the only one of the three who hasn't directed anything big budget beforehand but clearly WB liked her vision.

Wonder Women movie was already in pre-production and started filming when BvS come out. They couldnt scrap it even if they wanted.

Peyton reed, Ryan Fleck

Ryan Fleck almost has a full acclaimed record for all his movies. the lowest one is 58%, so you know he is a great choice. WB needs someone who can get some critical acclaim and public praise as well. Obviously critics do matter for the success of films.

Fantastic news! I was hoping this would happen, out of all the list of directors they had on board this one was probably the worst. Seth Grahame-Smith would've debuted into directing with the movie, that is a huge risk. His screenwriting also has not fared well, with failures such as Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Dark Shadows. I would like to see a director that has been successful in doing big acclaimed blockbuster movies and can handle comedy with ease. My picks are Guy Ritchie (His Sherlock Holmes film had the perfect style needed for The Flash), Scott Cooper (He directed Black Mass which was another success for WB) and Doug Liman (He directed Edge of Tomorrow and the couple of acclaimed Bourne films, so he is definitely a perfect choice). I chose directors based on their previous interactions with the studio Warner Bros. Here's for hoping that this will be a fantastic film for everyone including kids to adults!

Guy Ritchie is a hit or miss guy. I think Douge Liman would be the ideal choice. Edge of Tomorrow was a great movie, almost tonally what The Flash should be like.

Liman is a solid pick. Would prefer him on Aquaman or GLC though if anything.

Last edited:
francis lawrence wouldn't be bad i really enjoyed the hunger games films

Here's a thought...

Kathryn Bigelow. Won an Academy Award for The Hurt Locker. And the only movie she's booked to direct right now is "Untitled Kathryn Bigelow Project."

Isn't the obvious choice, but she cut her teeth directing ACTION. The original Point Break is a genre staple.

2012 Zero Dark Thirty
2008 The Hurt Locker
2002 K-19: The Widowmaker
1995 Strange Days
1991 Point Break

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member