• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Homecoming Who should be the Villain in Spider-Man (2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good idea. Quick, someone get Vincent D'Onofrio on the phone.

I would like to see Scorpion, Shocker or Vulture.

Shocker would be great side villian and he should look something like this:
24541-1.jpg

That would work great!

And Kingpin should take a background role, never physically confronting Spidey til later on.

Create a poll.

Not sure who should be the villain in the first film, but for the second, i suggest mixing Kraven with possibly the chameleon or mysterio, as Kraven publicly announces he will kill Spider-Man like in the Ultimate Marvel comics, while Mysterio or Chameleon make it seem as if Spidey was robbing banks. This way, the character would constantly have to be on the run from the police, while trying to proove his innocence, and Kraven would usualy confront him when he was in his weakest state.

Kraven needs a dark movie in order to work. The 2nd Spiderman movie will take place post-Infinity War, which is the prime time to give him the symbiote. That requires a darker tone, which would fit Kraven perfectly.

Whoever the villain is, it should be one who has never appeared in a movie before. Mysterio or the Vulture would be excellent choices.

I used to advocate for Mysterio right off the bat, but I think he should be saved as a villain for a few movies down the line.

He should be someone who studies Spidey and knows how to mess with him mentally; someone who understands him, perhaps even at a personal level, to inflict damage accordingly.

I used to advocate for Mysterio right off the bat, but I think he should be saved as a villain for a few movies down the line.

He should be someone who studies Spidey and knows how to mess with him mentally; someone who understands him, perhaps even at a personal level, to inflict damage accordingly.

Given that this version of Spidey will have been around for a little while before CW, they could still have all of this happen in the first movie. :oldrazz:

You may be right about that. In that case, the Vulture might be a good choice. They wrote a really interesting origin story for him years ago, about how he was swindled by a former business partner and how his bitterness helped lead him to a life of crime. That could make a compelling story in a movie.

The Scorpion could be a good choice too, especially when adapting Mac Gargan's story as a greedy guy who becomes even more selfish and anti-social when he gets scorpion DNA inside him.

Given that this version of Spidey will have been around for a little while before CW, they could still have all of this happen in the first movie. :oldrazz:

True, but I feel like the audience should be more attached to the character before having to understand the pain Mysterio is trying to put him through.

Get the audience familiar with the universe, important people/events in Peter's life, and then have Mysterio come into the picture and mess with him.

Mysterio or Kraven would be my picks. But any that hasn't been done before would be cool. These soant Spidey villains I don't want to see a retread

You may be right about that. In that case, the Vulture might be a good choice. They wrote a really interesting origin story for him years ago, about how he was swindled by a former business partner and how his bitterness helped lead him to a life of crime. That could make a compelling story in a movie.

The Scorpion could be a good choice too, especially when adapting Mac Gargan's story as a greedy guy who becomes even more selfish and anti-social when he gets scorpion DNA inside him.

Vulture and Scorpion I would highly be in favor of.

Backstory aside, I get excited about Vulture just because of what the aerial combat with Spidey would bring to the table.

In regards to Scorpion, they should bring the comic arc to life and show his dynamic with Jameson. Let us see Simmons outside of TDB :cwink:

I'd like to see Mysterio or Chameleon

The Sinister Six. Just adapt Ultimate Six, and have a big climactic fight with the Avengers.

Because why not? It's the reason why Marvel and Sony made the deal, innit?

Kraven makes the most sense. Start off with one and only one main villain. Don't allow it to get out of hand like Sony's films did.

One main villain and possibly one related side villain. For Kraven the Cameleon makes a lot of sense. Lets be honest, Cameleon is a secondary villain at best...

Someone mentioned Shocker above, but he's just a watered-down Electro, so no.

Mysterio would be another good main villain option, but it might just be a bit over the top for the first film...

What matters is that they lay out a plan of where to go so that things that happen in 2017 lead to future movies and events. Let's see the Bugle and meet Eddie Brock so that we can get a good version of Venom down the road, which would then lead to an amazing Maximum Carnage!

Wow, now that I think about it, the fact that we could actually have a Mxaimum Carnage movie with avenger cameos makes me drool!!! But Cap will probably be dead, so that sucks!

:cmad:Shocker is nothing like Electro! Where do people get that idea?!?

Kraven and Chameleon.

Chameleon could be used for several different things across the MCU. Plus, Captain America: TWS and AOS have already displayed this technology.

I also wouldn't be opposed to seeing Mysterio.

The majority of the villains in the MCU are bad villains so I'm not too excited to see what they pull with the best Marvel rogues gallery.

Someone fun and hasn't been used before.

Kraven and Chameleon would be awesome.

And if Infinity War takes place partially in space, maybe that could be where Spider-Man ends up picking up the symbiote? That, I think, would be pretty killer, having Spider-Man switch to the black-and-white costume at the end of Infinity War Part 1.

Mysterio
Kraven
Vulture
Shocker
Chameleon
Scorpion
Hammerhead
Kingpin
Beetle
etc.

Just give us some new villains and establish the old before they become villains themselves (Osborn, Octavius, Connors, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"