Sequels Who should play Brainiac?

batlovescatDC

Tragic Love
Reaction score
It's a simple question... who do you think would be good as Brainiac... type away... but please tell us why you think they would be good.

The voice should be done by the man who voiced him in the animated series, I believe his name is Corey Burton.

Dub his voice with another actor's body, like Abe Sapien.

-R

I do have to admit that I love that voice... but I would really like them to find someone that could both do it physically and vocally... like they got for Beast in X3.... although the movie was rather disappointing.

After all.... they will probably adapt the comic books... the green skin and all that.

The body itself should be a live action model and for complex shots cgi, but the voice.. never thought of that. Must ponder this. Perhaps some type of mechanical voice would do or perhaps a mans voice. Something menacing.

I think id consider the cartoon counterpart and take it from there with some screen tests of many diferent approaches to the voice ;)

If there's at first a human version as introduction I'd go with James Masters. He does a "fine" job on Smallville and could give the general public a "I know that guy" moment.

Otherwise they'd just use CGI with the voice from the TAS version.

forget SMALLVILLE PEOPLE!!!!!! its a crappy show..... leave the movies to REAL actors......

Well,I think the body should be a machine,maybe CGI.the voice though,hmmmm,how bout clancy brown??,or Ewan McGregor??.

I think SV actually got Brainiac right, I really like the T2ish Brainiac, I think that would translate well to the movie, of course they need a different actor though, even though I like spike. :p I'm not implying it should have any continuity with SV though, just that I like their spin on him.

I love James Marsters as Brainiac in Smallville but because of his ties to SV I wouldn't use him in SR2 nor would I use the excellent Corey Burton. I'd get a new person with a great acting voice. Who I don't know.

Hayden Christensen. Seriously, who better to play a cold, emotionless android than Mannequin Skywalker? Kind of like when Arnold played the Terminator.

Corey Burton will be hard to top . Why can't they just use his voice for a movie? Brainiac doesn't require a famous actor

Corey Burton's voice attached to a CGI creation - based on either the '80s Ed Hannigan "Super Powers"-era design or the New 52 insectoid "Collector".

Seriously, the less he looks like a green man in pink, the better.

He doesn't have to be CGI though. I think he could be done with practical effects.
M9xJ56A.jpg

I like the idea of taking inspiration from the Geoff John's Brainiac, but also they should definitely use S:TAS for inspiration. I think because Ultron is being introduced over at Marvel, it'll be less likely that we see Brainiac portrayed as a living computer basically. I think it's more likely he'll be a soulless, cold, alien, scientist, collector, and I'm cool with that, because it opens up a lot more design possibilities if his skin is organic. Or maybe he started as a living creature but now he's something else? Anyways, I think Brainiac should be a lot scarier than he is usually, and today superhero movies are allowed to get away with having scary villains. I think they should take some cues from H R Giger's work.

3ZXyQL1.jpg

Replace the tubes from this dude's mouth and eye, and have them in the classic triangle formation on Brainiac's head

Hayden Christensen. Seriously, who better to play a cold, emotionless android than Mannequin Skywalker? Kind of like when Arnold played the Terminator.

Dude, compared to Hayden Christensen the Terminator was more emotional than a drag-queen at an ABBA revival. That guy has less
emotional depth and charm than the slugs on my driveway, his
performances terminated those Star Wars prequel films.

He doesn't have to be CGI though. I think he could be done with practical effects.
M9xJ56A.jpg

I like the idea of taking inspiration from the Geoff John's Brainiac, but also they should definitely use S:TAS for inspiration. I think because Ultron is being introduced over at Marvel, it'll be less likely that we see Brainiac portrayed as a living computer basically. I think it's more likely he'll be a soulless, cold, alien, scientist, collector, and I'm cool with that, because it opens up a lot more design possibilities if his skin is organic. Or maybe he started as a living creature but now he's something else? Anyways, I think Brainiac should be a lot scarier than he is usually, and today superhero movies are allowed to get away with having scary villains. I think they should take some cues from H R Giger's work.

3ZXyQL1.jpg

Replace the tubes from this dude's mouth and eye, and have them in the classic triangle formation on Brainiac's head

Totally agree with using the Geoff Johns story as source material, one of my fave Superman stories ever !

As far as casting goes, cold cerebral villain ? Only one man comes to mind at the moment, CUMBERBATCH ! (which is almost as silly a name as brainiac).

I like your idea about a Giger look for Brainiac, as the folks at WB will want to move away from a look that resembles what Star Trek did with the Borg
. A more organic look might work, but then you don't want to go too Giger or you end up with comparisons with Prometheus/alien. IN fact one of the things they really got right in MOS was the distinctive organic look of kryptonian technology (yes, the genesis chamber did look a bit like the people farms in the Matrix ) and architecture.

Whichever way they go, Johns' story would provide some source material that would translate well to the big screen (for a Superman/Supergirl movie). Let's hope Snyder/Goyer/Nolan are listening.

cheers.

Dude, compared to Hayden Christensen the Terminator was more emotional than a drag-queen at an ABBA revival. That guy has less
emotional depth and charm than the slugs on my driveway, his
performances terminated those Star Wars prequel films.

Exactly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"