Who should play Ghost Rider in the MCU?

I'd put Alfonso Gomez-Rejon on the director's list along with Michael Dougherty. A big hell no to Rob Zombie. Marcus Dunstan would be a good option too

I'd put Alfonso Gomez-Rejon on the director's list along with Michael Dougherty. A big hell no to Rob Zombie. Marcus Dunstan would be a good option too

Srđan Spasojević, Fede Alvarez, Shane Ryan and David Robert Mitchell could also be good.

As long as Marvel don't select Lucifer Valentine or Nick Palumbo who are the two worst horror directors out there today, I'm sure I'll be good with whoever they pick.

Last edited:
Except he's doing Aquaman. He's over at DC and would presumably be doing Aquaman sequels.

Oh yea, I keep forgetting that.

Both of these options would be far cheaper than James Wan. If he's already working for a competitor and would require a crazy paycheck, then why hire him over equally qualified directors?

Because I forgot he was doing Aquaman. And I don't care who the cheaper option is, especially if one of those is the Soska sisters. I haven't found them very impressive. I'd be ok with Zombie if he didn't also write on the screenplay, and I don't think they can get him without him getting a shot at the script. I wanted Don Coscarelli or Ernest R Dickinson to shoot Doc Strange, so I'd throw them in the Ghost Rider mix

Last edited:
I'm not big on Ghost Rider, I think the character's first attempt with Nicholas Cage really sealed the deal. However, I do feel with the introduction of the first Ghost Rider, more like Ghost Horse Rider, they could step back and look at how Black Heart began the battle and use a really, really old Ghost Rider, sort of like the Cowboy version they had in the most recent movie.

Afterwards, they could then pass on the ability to the next generation, maybe someone Black Heart recruits and then switches sides?

Please, just no Air, Wind, and Fire baddies, and if they do go that direction...don't make them so friggen lame.

How has no one said Norman Reedus yet?
Fanmade%2BReedus%2BGhost%2BRider.jpg
Good actor but far too old. That was one of my main problems with the Nic Cage version, Johnny is suppose to be a younger guy.

And I really hope if they do indeed make a Ghost Rider movie, they make it dark, dirty, terrifying and true to the comics. No more emo, trench coat wearing, *****e bags and silly humor. Some of Ghost Rider's rogues are real sickos (Jack O'Lantern for instance) and Johhny is suppose to be tortued by the curse. I hope they find a way to express that on the big screen.

Last edited:
The Russo Brothers would be an excellent choice to direct, IMO.

Wachowskis they can direct or how about Guillermo Del Toro but definitely acting wise for Ghost Rider I would go with Jensen Ackles as Johnny Blaze or Ryan Phillippe

Not a fan of the Wachowskis. If Del Toro could commit to a project I'd be down with him working with Marvel.

I like Aaron Paul.

I even like Norman Reedus. Guys looked 28 his whole career.

Wachowskis they can direct or how about Guillermo Del Toro but definitely acting wise for Ghost Rider I would go with Jensen Ackles as Johnny Blaze or Ryan Phillippe

The Wachowskis are hit or miss with me. Usually miss.

Bound sucked since Jennifer Tilly was too annoying in that film to be remotly likable. She felt like she was trying too hard to be sexy and her voice was just grating.

The first Matrix was a classic and the second was a good follow up but the third was one of the worst films I've ever seen in my entire life.

I liked V for Vendetta but they weren't directing that one.

Speed Racer and Ninja Assassin were both terrible.

Cloud Atlas was underrated.

Sense8 was good but TV is easier to do since you can stretch out a story and don't need to worry about trimming the story down to two hours plus they were working with JMS on that so they can't get all the credit.

Jupiter Ascending was even worse than Matrix Revolutions.

So 5 hits (and one of them was something that they weren't even directing and another had another collaborator) and 5 misses. Keep in mind that when they fail, they fail HARD.

Also, Aaron Paul should be Blaze. Ryan Gosling should be Ketch.

Aaron Paul as Johnny Blaze I actually can get behind that but my pick would be Charlie Hunnam or even Garrett Hedlund

Aaron Paul as Johnny Blaze I actually can get behind that but my pick would be Charlie Hunnam or even Garrett Hedlund
Great suggestions. :up: I don't want Aaron Paul, he's too much of an uninspired choice (Kinda tired of his name being brought for every CB role) and not what I envision as a classic Johhny Blaze.

Great suggestions. :up: I don't want Aaron Paul, he's too much of an uninspired choice (Kinda tired of his name being brought for every CB role) and not what I envision as a classic Johhny Blaze.

I'm tired of the other two being brought up for pretty much everything ever. I kinda like the idea of Gosling though.
Drive-2011-800x445.jpg

or Dan Stevens
CYbYpVhWkAANBe4.jpg

I think Ghost Rider should play Tom Hardy.

Hmmm... not sure about Ghost Rider's acting skills, he's more a superhero than an actor. And why would be play Tom Hardy?

I'm tired of the other two being brought up for pretty much everything ever. I kinda like the idea of Gosling though.
Drive-2011-800x445.jpg

or Dan Stevens
CYbYpVhWkAANBe4.jpg
I've seen Paul's name being thrown around WAY more than those two guys. And great choices. :up:

Gosling is a unique choice and one that I'd support. If we were to see Danny Ketch, how old do you guys think he should be? When GR Vol.2 kicked off in the 90s, I think he was still in his early 20s.

Josh Duhamel as Johnny Blaze could work but Jensen Ackles would definitely be my pick definitely Jensen has not only the right look but also the right grit needed for Johnny Blaze something Nic Cage didn't have but I would go with Luke Evans as Blackheart and for Mephistopheles I would go with Gary Oldman

Gosling is a unique choice and one that I'd support. If we were to see Danny Ketch, how old do you guys think he should be? When GR Vol.2 kicked off in the 90s, I think he was still in his early 20s.
He should be in his mid twenties which is where my original suggestions came crom for Blaze (Who was also in his twenties)

- Jaimie Bell
- Johnny Weston

- Garrett Hedlund
- Zac Efron

I think all of those actors look young enough to be 25/26

But if they go with Johnny Blaze again then definitely Garrett Hedlund or Jensen Ackles

No one.
He's one of the characters I don't want included in MCU.
Much like I didn't want another character in that universe, but he's there. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"