• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Was that Masked Man?

TheSlag

Avenger
Reaction score
Look, up in the sky, It's a Bird, A Plane... no it's.... Spidey????

:D

If Venom is in SM3, which I still doubt, and hope not, should the first appearances of Venom be played up by some of the people in the movie that they think it's Spider-Man in black, as opposed to a new, more lethal, more dangerous superpowered "freak" (in the words of the Jolly One ;) )

I could see a sweet scene at night, where JJ is leaving his office, coming out on the street and notices a shadowy figure high up on the opposing building, hidden in the shadows. Thinking it's Spider-Man, following, or harrassing him, he starts to go off on who he thinks is ole Webhead... only to find out to his horror/terror... that this is not your "Daddy's Spider-Man".

I could see a LOT of potential for scenes like this in the early stages of intro'ing Venom to us and the general movie viewers.

Another scene I would LOVE to see along these lines is the infamous scene from the comics where MJ mistakes Venom for the black costumed Spider-Man/Peter coming in one night from a night of prowling/protecting the city.

A lot of potential... DO NOT... waste it Sam. Another reason IMO to wait til SM4 for Venom. Too rushed... and Venom/Brock and MOST IMPORTANTLY... the symbiote do NOT deserve the Bum's Rush approach. :down

Well Put!
I would still like to see a scene where Spidey is fighting a villian like Sandman and he's having alot of trouble with him. Spidey get's knocked down at some point..like off a roof or something and when he gets back up he can't find Sandy thinking where the hell did he go. Then he sees him falling apart saying what did you do to me, Spidey realizing something is in the corner of the room turns to see a PISSED Venom staring right at him (madder than a cat that was just sprayed with a water bottle!!!) with a look in his eye of Bad Intentions. The End. Cheers!

I don't see any of those things happening.

Murder said:
Well Put!
I would still like to see a scene where Spidey is fighting a villian like Sandman and he's having alot of trouble with him. Spidey get's knocked down at some point..like off a roof or something and when he gets back up he can't find Sandy thinking where the hell did he go. Then he sees him falling apart saying what did you do to me, Spidey realizing something is in the corner of the room turns to see a PISSED Venom staring right at him (madder than a cat that was just sprayed with a water bottle!!!) with a look in his eye of Bad Intentions. The End. Cheers!

Nice! :up:

I love the image of a Pissed Venom just staring at him. I "Hope" that we finally get some amazement from Spidey when he encounters ANY of the villains in SM3 this time around. I mean, Octavius appears with the Tentacles Melded to his body and it's ho-hum... just another day in NYC to hear Spidey tell it from SM2.

A LITTLE MORE RESPECT for the threat that Ock is/was, and even more respect for any of Spidey's villains... the BEST Bar NONE! :up:

In SM1, we had some of that wonder (Harry... Who/What was that??? Peter... I don't know)... I LOVED that apsect of the movie, and wanted more of it in SM2, with Ock. There was so many more "money shots" they could of gave us, ESPECIALLY in the early meeting between Spidey and Ock. :down

Pity, and a wasted chance IMO. Along with the fact that Ock should of biatch slapped Spidey in their first encounter... THUS shaking Peter's confidence BIG TIME... Add in to have Peter blaming himself for ohhh... say a battle between him and Ock killing an innocent... oh say Capt Stacy... and Sweetness... THERE you have it... Hero No More... Not this BS of it's all about the ONE GIRL.

But regardless... I want some wonderment with Spidey's villains in SM3... EVEN dear ole Sandy. :rolleyes:

Not sure about Venom biting Sandy though... but still... nice scene... image. :up:

Venom'sDad said:
I don't see any of those things happening.

If they don't, they're even bigger fools than I gave them credit for then.

Depends on who they is? If you are talking about Sam, it's misguided; however, if you are talking about Sony and Avi, who are the ones pushing Venom and Gwen/Capt in this film and rushing Venom(for money obviously), than you are dead on. IMO.

I think Spidey should also look afraid,timid,nervous,amazed when he sees Venom for the first time. We should be able to tell there is fear in his eyes behind that mask. In the comics first encounter Spidey ran. If he flead in the movies it would make Venom look so damn lethal that the Great Spider-Man, who battled Doc Ock and The Green Goblin, thinks at that very moment, he has no chance. Plus, if you have Venom, it is a must to have his hauntings where he shows up at his apartment, Aunt Mays house, giving the viewer the impression that Spidey is gonna have to stand up to him where it will be kill or be killed. Winner takes all. Cheers!

WAR SPIDEY!!

Misguided??? I think not. IF Sam doesn't have the balls to stand up for what he believes in (seeing how BIG of a Spidey fan he is :rolleyes:) and is more than willing to sell out for the paycheck... then he "shares" equally, IF not more... in the blame.

Murder said:
I think Spidey should also look afraid,timid,nervous,amazed when he sees Venom for the first time. We should be able to tell there is fear in his eyes behind that mask. In the comics first encounter Spidey ran. If he flead in the movies it would make Venom look so damn lethal that the Great Spider-Man, who battled Doc Ock and The Green Goblin, thinks at that very moment, he has no chance. Plus, if you have Venom, it is a must to have his hauntings where he shows up at his apartment, Aunt Mays house, giving the viewer the impression that Spidey is gonna have to stand up to him where it will be kill or be killed. Winner takes all. Cheers!

WAR SPIDEY!!

Hope he get's his ass handed to him in the first battle. Running, not without a fight at least. But definitely getting his ass totally kicked. Although that honor, IMO, should of befell Ock. :mad:

Well, that's easy for you to say from the seat you sit in; but, you are not Sam, so you don't know what he's thinking nor his mind set. I seriously doubt Sam is selling-out; again, that's easy for you to say, in defaming his persona. Sam is an employee of Sony. Sony and Avi(Marvel) are the bosses. Sam loves this project, and wants to be apart of it. He has money, fame, and other studios knocking at his door.... I hardly think it's all about a paycheck. Come on and get real. That's just your way of expressing your dislike for him, and that's kool, but hardly true. No, all blame goes to Sony and Avi for a rush job of Venom and smelling a huge pay-day for the franchise.

Venom'sDad said:
Well, that's easy for you to say from the seat you sit in; but, you are not Sam, so you don't know what he's thinking nor his mind set. I seriously doubt Sam is selling-out; again, that's easy for you to say, in defaming his persona. Sam is an employee of Sony. Sony and Avi(Marvel) are the bosses. Sam loves this project, and wants to be apart of it. He has money, fame, and other studios knocking at his door.... I hardly think it's all about a paycheck. Come on and get real. That's just your way of expressing your dislike for him, and that's kool, but hardly true. No, all blame goes to Sony and Avi for a rush job of Venom and smelling a huge pay-day for the franchise.

Nope. I actually like Sam Raimi for the most part. And I'm not, nor have I ever said said has done a terrible job with the Spidey franchise. I also, though, have not said he's done an outstanding job either.

The credit for how good, and successful the movies have been is primarialy due to the subject... Spider-Man.

But, Sam is selling out IF he does not think Venom should be in SM3.. Period. As you said, he's got his ticket punched already in Hollywierd, so it IS... all about the $$$ IMO... and I'm sure, a comfort zone with the legions of fanboys who blow smoke up his ass. ;)

*look Ma... no smoke.

I agree 100% Slag, your idea's are excellent. I hope they do something similar, but somehow I doubt that it will happen.

:(

My ideas???? Thanks, but I'm basically just "stealin" from the source. Just goes to show the greatness that is the wealth of stories and ideas that is Spider-Man comic in its heyday. ;)

TheSlag said:
My ideas???? Thanks, but I'm basically just "stealin" from the source. Just goes to show the greatness that is the wealth of stories and ideas that is Spider-Man comic in its heyday. ;)

You know what I meant Slag, they're ideas from the "source" that you posted. I just didn't feel like getting technical. Such as, "Those idea's that you posted, Slag, the ones the many various writers at Marvel and whatnot have come up with, should be used on screen.

But yes, I agree that those "Ideas" are very powerful and should be utilized for the movie, but will Rami use em, probarbly not. But then they'd have to be crammed in with the Sandman/Snowbgoblin and all that other stuff.

;)

venom4life said:
You know what I meant Slag, they're ideas from the "source" that you posted. I just didn't feel like getting technical. Such as, "Those idea's that you posted, Slag, the ones the many various writers at Marvel and whatnot have come up with, should be used on screen.

But yes, I agree that those "Ideas" are very powerful and should be utilized for the movie, but will Rami use em, probarbly not. But then they'd have to be crammed in with the Sandman/Snowbgoblin and all that other stuff.

;)

I know you knew, I was mainly clearifying for the "others" :eek: *looks around for the... the... "others" :eek:

And Snowgoblin (LOL)... what was your saying Lord Of the Snow Goblin?!?!?! or somesuch????? :up:

TheSlag said:
I know you knew, I was mainly clearifying for the "others" :eek: *looks around for the... the... "others" :eek:

That's true, they're watching, with their beady eyes.

And Snowgoblin (LOL)... what was your saying Lord Of the Snow Goblin?!?!?! or somesuch????? :up:

Yeah, ever since Harry isen't going to wearing the suit from the first movie (which he should), rather he's gonna be wearing something similar to a snowsuit of some kind. And it's going to be black and silver, or something, well thats what I got from all these "reports" posted on this miserable site. So in reality, he's not actually a green goblin, but rather a snowbgoblin, possibly equipped with scarf and snowboard.

:up:

Taking a slightly different approach,i'd like a scene where 2 thugs rob a late night licker store and run into an alley they suddenyl get webbed
One of them says "ok ya got us webhead" a figure moves from the shadow that looks like Spidey and then the face changes to Venoms monsterous look and all we hear is a scream

well put Slag.

hmmm, I dare say that may be a better interpretation of the "anti-spidey"

it kind of gives me hope for the use of the Venom character
*I've always said he would not be done justice due to the PG13 rating, so why waste the time*

but if they play him off the way Slag suggested... and not so much a mindless Spider-Man hunting monster.. it would be neat... how it would change things around for Pete

NY finally begins to see him as a hero despite JJJ and then Venom ruins his image.

TheSlag said:
If Venom is in SM3, which I still doubt, and hope not, should the first appearances of Venom be played up by some of the people in the movie that they think it's Spider-Man in black, as opposed to a new, more lethal, more dangerous superpowered "

Look, it's obvious, in agreement, that I as well don't think Venom will be in this movie; however, if Venom was in it, I still say none of those scenes you've mention would be in this film. The way I see it, Spidey chasing two criminals much like the first two films, with Venom watching in the wings; but this time, Spidey somewhat loses them in the mist of the chase. However, they can't shake Venom, and Venom catch them, and with an erie grin, the camera pans and we don't see but hear screams. Moments later, Spiderman arrives at the scene, shortly ahead of the police(with guns drawn) and Alex K.(that Bugle Photographer).... and we all see the two criminals in a web(like the robbers in SM2) dead, brutally mangled or slaughtered. Of course the police shoot at and is after Spidey, and the next day, the photographer's picture of that scene is on the front page of the Daily Bugle. That's how I see Sam doing Venom's first appearance, given his horror roots.

TheSlag said:
In SM1, we had some of that wonder (Harry... Who/What was that??? Peter... I don't know)... I LOVED that apsect of the movie, and wanted more of it in SM2, with Ock. There was so many more "money shots" they could of gave us, ESPECIALLY in the early meeting between Spidey and Ock. :down
I completely agree. It showed that the "great" Spider-Sense does not warn of all danger, and that's the danger of the unknown. (Cue Twilight Zone theme)

I like all of different scenarios you are all posting. If Venom is indeed shoved into
this movie I would like to see scenes such as the ones previously mentioned.

If venom is indeed in the movie, don't forget the mysterious hand that pushes Peter into a subway track. Imagine this at a random point in the movie; it would be the perfect mind game addition that was featured in the comics. Why didn't the spider-sense go off? Who the heck did that? Dun-dun-dun . . . (<-- that's supposed to be mysterious music.):)

Spidey-Sean said:
If venom is indeed in the movie, don't forget the mysterious hand that pushes Peter into a subway track. Imagine this at a random point in the movie; it would be the perfect mind game addition that was featured in the comics. Why didn't the spider-sense go off? Who the heck did that? Dun-dun-dun . . . (<-- that's supposed to be mysterious music.):)

that is good... but Venom for SM4 :D I like sandman and I don't want him overshadowed

Damn! 23 posts and not a bad idea yet. That has to be some kinda record.:up: :up:

TheSlag said:
Look, up in the sky, It's a Bird, A Plane... no it's.... Spidey????

:D

If Venom is in SM3, which I still doubt, and hope not, should the first appearances of Venom be played up by some of the people in the movie that they think it's Spider-Man in black, as opposed to a new, more lethal, more dangerous superpowered "freak" (in the words of the Jolly One ;) )

I could see a sweet scene at night, where JJ is leaving his office, coming out on the street and notices a shadowy figure high up on the opposing building, hidden in the shadows. Thinking it's Spider-Man, following, or harrassing him, he starts to go off on who he thinks is ole Webhead... only to find out to his horror/terror... that this is not your "Daddy's Spider-Man".

I could see a LOT of potential for scenes like this in the early stages of intro'ing Venom to us and the general movie viewers.

Another scene I would LOVE to see along these lines is the infamous scene from the comics where MJ mistakes Venom for the black costumed Spider-Man/Peter coming in one night from a night of prowling/protecting the city.

A lot of potential... DO NOT... waste it Sam. Another reason IMO to wait til SM4 for Venom. Too rushed... and Venom/Brock and MOST IMPORTANTLY... the symbiote do NOT deserve the Bum's Rush approach. :down

It's like you've known me forever! YES! thats how I've always wanted it to play out. Just have SM3 introduce the Alien and Brock, get their stories going and at the end let the cliff hanger be Brock bonding with the suit. Then let 4 be nothing but an all out slug-fest between him and spidey. Also adding to your list of cool intro's for Venom would be where He meets up with Aunt May for the first time. I remember in the comics he showed up on Her door step as she and Peter where having a nice lunch or something. Peter actually had to call Eddie HIS FRIEND so not to give away his secret to Aunt May. It's just another one of those great SM awkward moments like in SM1 where he has to have Thanksgiving dinner with GG. If I remember right May called Eddie "Such a nice young Man" as Pete could only shudder in disagreement as he had to watch Eddie help May fold towels. lol It remains one of my favorite Spidey moments of all time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"