The Defenders Sigourney Weaver is the Big Bad Villain of The Defenders

OK but Weaver's character comes off like some ranking and established woman of power. And not a genderless ancient demon.

If The Hand also wants a container for the beast, wouldn't Elektra be their most suitable candidate after season 2 of Daredevil?

The Beast could just possess a politician and thus be in a position of power, like it did in the Elektra mini series. The advantage of a politician over Elektra is having someone in political power, in that mini series, the Beast possessed a politician to get elected President, so it could destroy humanity in a nuclear war.

That's who I'm hoping but people don't enjoy the genderbent thing.

Her character name is Alexandra, and that's all we know so far.

Her character name is Alexandra, and that's all we know so far.

I was hoping that it would have been Celia Ricadonna. Looks like some sort of original character. Oh well, Ricadonna can be the villain in JJ Season 2... I also really want a female villain in JJ Season 2 in general.

Interestingly, there are only two Alexandras listed on Marvel Wiki. Neither makes much sense and one is Colossus's mother.

If we're to look at male characters named Alex:
There's Alex Alaric, who is a Punisher villain who worked for an organization called "The Trust." The description doesn't sound all that dissimilar either.
Alex Nevsky is the second Crimson Dynamo (OK, this one is very unlikely)
Alex Stone worked for the Mad Thinker

Obviously, not a lot to go with. Alaric is the best fit of those. More likely, it's either an original character or a fake name.

It could be an assumed or fake name to hide her real character

So no chance of Morgana Le Fay?
Wasn't the Defenders originally founded by Dr Strange?
Just thinking he recruits them when it becomes clear someone else is manipulating the Hand?
Of course since there's no mention of Cumberbatch being involved I guess not?

With the Ancient One dead and Strange operating in New York he seeks help because he's busy rebuilding his organisation in the aftermath of his movie.. just a thought!

I think they're just using the name. I don't think they have any intention of basing it on the group from the comics.

It'll probably a character made exclusively for the show, as Marvel tends to do a lot in the MCU.

Sigh. Dr Strange will have nothing whatsoever to do with the Defenders. This has been reasonably well known practically since they announced the show. Acting like its a shocking new revelation is tiring.

Spider-Man won't be in Daredevil, and Doctor Strange won't be in Defenders.

I was thinking the other day, would there really be anything stopping them from doing a Spider-Man cameo? You wouldn't need Tom Holland, you could just do a shot of him surveying some Defenders goings-on or have a bit of web slinging action in the background or something.

Nothing really, other than that it'd be somewhat gratuitous and out of theme. No different than having an Iron Man cameo.

Other than the fact that the film side and TV side really don't talk much to each other. People need to realize it's not going to happen. Especially with Sony still having part of the rights to Spider-Man. They will be extra picky with where he shows up and I'm sure the film side is the only place he'll appear because of that.

Let's hope the character continues beyond this mini-series. Villain development in the MCU is not as in-depth so far.

Yeah who wouldn't want to see Kingpin in a Spiderman Movie that would be cool. I just don't think it will happen a cameo maybe but as a big Villain? Probably not

Weaver??? Really???

Madame Gao is Darth Vader.......... They couldnt even drug her.....and she could see Danny thru a one way monitor....and knew he was there???

Weaver is gonna be badder than that!!???? :loco:

Last edited:
Yeah, but if they make Madame Gao the big bad, they have to actually clearly explain her. ;)

I'm guessing that her character's last name was withheld because it would clue us in to the character they are adapting for her. If it was someone completely new, they'd have probably given us her last name.

Meh. I had a not so good vibes when they announced she was just playing a made for TV character, which made her character less interesting to me. Then seeing the show, she didn't sway me. I also thought she was kinda a random choice for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"