Who will Lead the X-Men after Xavier's passing?

Angry Sentinel said:
sorry, I am feeling crazy today :up: :)

Hahaha, k. That was just as random as saying that Strong Guy would lead the Xmen.

cookiva said:
Hahaha, k. That was just as random as saying that Strong Guy would lead the Xmen.
lol, if we were getting random, I would go with Blink, I just really like her, and wish clarice would return.

LittleMissVixen said:
considering he is a member of fifty-billion teams...he is no longer a loner.
Maybe he should hang out with Jamie Maddrox and give him a few pointers.

EMMA IS THE NEXT WOLVERINE!

i mean romantically

if storm shacks up with wolverine, i will walk out of the movie.....i could care less if the next scene had a zillion sentinals getting whomped on by every mutant and phoenix in uber firey glory

and if fox does decide to "martyrize" the professor, the team leader should either be cyke, BEAST (ppl seem to forget about him), or the darkhorse chance of magneto....

LittleMissVixen said:
considering he is a member of fifty-billion teams...he is no longer a loner.
Wovie: well, after being on three X-Men teams, and off having my own solo adventures, a guys got to live a little.

Yellow Cyclone said:
i mean romantically

if storm shacks up with wolverine, i will walk out of the movie.....i could care less if the next scene had a zillion sentinals getting whomped on by every mutant and phoenix in uber firey glory

and if fox does decide to "martyrize" the professor, the team leader should either be cyke, BEAST (ppl seem to forget about him), or the darkhorse chance of magneto....

It would be really tacky if Logan goes for Storm. First off, they never hinted that the two had a 'thing' for each other. This is not real life it can happen out of the blue; you need some foreshadowing.

Second, Logan had a thing for Jean, who was with Cyclops, and now she's dead. For the narrative, Logan being with Storm does NOTHING FOR ME. NOTHING.

And yes, Cyclops SHOULD TAKE OVER IF PROF X. DIED. PERIOD. ENOUGH WITH STORM. I like her, but sorry, give Cyclops some credit where credit is due IN THE MOVIES (not the comics)

And if AND ONLY IF they had this so-called relationship, along with the demise of Cyclops, I wouldn't walk out. I would boo. I've never walked out of a movie before (I was tempted with Be Cool, along with my sleeping girlfriend)

Octoberist said:
It would be really tacky if Logan goes for Storm. First off, they never hinted that the two had a 'thing' for each other. This is not real life it can happen out of the blue; you need some foreshadowing.

Second, Logan had a thing for Jean, who was with Cyclops, and now she's dead. For the narrative, Logan being with Storm does NOTHING FOR ME. NOTHING.

And yes, Cyclops SHOULD TAKE OVER IF PROF X. DIED. PERIOD. ENOUGH WITH STORM. I like her, but sorry, give Cyclops some credit where credit is due IN THE MOVIES (not the comics)

And if AND ONLY IF they had this so-called relationship, along with the demise of Cyclops, I wouldn't walk out. I would boo. I've never walked out of a movie before (I was tempted with Be Cool, along with my sleeping girlfriend)

Exactly. The only way I would accept something between the two of them is if they handle it tastefully. And by that I mean don't have the movie start off with them already romancing each other and shacking up. Just show hints of a growing relationship and then if they want to they can get romantic in future sequels. But even if they do it right, I just don't see the point. I know it was in the comics but even there I didn't like it. Their relationship would have no purpose in the films other than to get together two good-looking stars and bring in teenyboppers.

As far as who should lead if Xavier dies, it has to be Cyclops. They even forshadowed it in X1. He's the team leader and should continue to be such, but after the professor's death he's not just leader of the team but also leader of the school. And since Xavier was a telepath and they'd need someone to use Cerebro, Jean could be headmaster right beside him. It would be perfect b/c it would also allow the development and emphasis on Cyke that is lacking in these first 3 films. That is why Cyclops cannot die and why he should take over, so we can finally have some focus on him for once. Wolverine and Storm have had their time to shine. IMO they should be the ones to leave after X3. It would make sense too since we know Hugh and Halle are very busy these days and want to move on. Plus we'll be getting the Wolvie solo film so Logan would have to leave in order for that to take place (unless they make it in the past but I doubt it) Marsden and Famke however aren't in constant demand and would probably welcome more sequels. Wolvie and Storm leaving would make way for other characters to be developed and for Gambit to take his rightful place as a main character (the loner role left vacant by Logan) in future sequels.

I'll be their damn leader if they are all too emotionally distraught, sexed up, dead or crazy!

newwaveboy87 said:
Wovie: well, after being on three X-Men teams, and off having my own solo adventures, a guys got to live a little.

Dont forget he is also an Avenger too ;)

LittleMissVixen said:
Dont forget he is also an Avenger too ;)
that was the joke...

Cyclops: Wolverine when did you join the Avengers?
then Wolverine responds with that

its from those flash cartoons.

Electrix said:
I'll be their damn leader if they are all too emotionally distraught, sexed up, dead or crazy!

If it was only that easy...

Cyclops and Storm

It was brought up that they were the FIRST students of the Institute and have been with Xavier since the beginning. So, if it ever came up it was directly fall into their hands.

Triligors said:
Cyclops and Storm

It was brought up that they were the FIRST students of the Institute and have been with Xavier since the beginning. So, if it ever came up it was directly fall into their hands.

Exactly right. X1 made it pretty clear that Scott, Storm and Jean were among Xavier's first students. And they are the only adult faculty members. With Jead dead and Scott AWOL the leadership role should naturally go to Storm, especially since she's the Head teacher there as well.

Whoa...I disagree with a lot of this. Here we go:

tonytr1687 said:
Exactly. The only way I would accept something between the two of them is if they handle it tastefully. And by that I mean don't have the movie start off with them already romancing each other and shacking up. Just show hints of a growing relationship and then if they want to they can get romantic in future sequels. But even if they do it right, I just don't see the point. I know it was in the comics but even there I didn't like it. Their relationship would have no purpose in the films other than to get together two good-looking stars and bring in teenyboppers.

Are you truly taking into account demographics?? :o

Storm and Logan having some sort of burgeoning relationship would absolutely have a purpose: It adds a romantic element--and yes this is necessary. Let's not get it twisted--despite the dark action edge these films have had, it is STILL technically a summer film and summer films are known for having action and romance combined. It worked for the Spider-Man films and it certainly worked to an extent for the prior X-Men films.

Now, Jean is DEAD. Scott is AWOL (allegedly). Rogue and Bobby are teenaged kids. Therefore there is no romance for ADULT FEMALE audience members to relate to. However, Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman are major sex symbols. It makes total sense to build an attraction between them--aside from Professor X they are the only other adults in the faculty.

tonytr1687 said:
Wolverine and Storm have had their time to shine. IMO they should be the ones to leave after X3. It would make sense too since we know Hugh and Halle are very busy these days and want to move on. Plus we'll be getting the Wolvie solo film so Logan would have to leave in order for that to take place (unless they make it in the past but I doubt it) Marsden and Famke however aren't in constant demand and would probably welcome more sequels. Wolvie and Storm leaving would make way for other characters to be developed and for Gambit to take his rightful place as a main character (the loner role left vacant by Logan) in future sequels.

Sorry but that makes no sense at all. I'll concede that Wolverine has had his fair share of the limelight. But Storm has not. X1 and X2 belonged to Jean and Logan--with Rogue thrown in for good measure. Scott was in full command in X1, and Rogue and Magneto were fleshed out very well in that film. Storm is the only one that needs some gravity added to her character--because up till now she's been little more than a walking SFX machine for the trailers. :rolleyes:

As far as Hugh and Halle leaving--you cannot subtract all of your biggest stars and hope that your franchise will still succeed with mainstream moviegoers. That is poor business sense because the fanboy audience simply is not powerful enough to sustain it. Unfortunately, the X-Men franchise can not survive on mere name recognition--it needs marketability. You need to have marquee actors to ground this franchise.

Stewart and McKellan are as good as gone, but they've gotten the ball rolling. Hugh can afford to leave because Wolverine is being spun off of this series. The only other major box office draws you have left are Anna Paquin and Halle Berry. If Storm is finally "fixed" in this sequel, why the hell would Halle leave? She, along with Anna and Kelsey could easily lead this franchise alongside the B-list actors i.e. Famke, James, Ben Foster, etc.

And what makes you so sure that Hugh will leave the X-Men anyway? He could always come back after Wolverine.

Lightning Strikez! said:
Whoa...I disagree with a lot of this. Here we go:

Are you truly taking into account demographics?? :o

Storm and Logan having some sort of burgeoning relationship would absolutely have a purpose: It adds a romantic element--and yes this is necessary. Let's not get it twisted--despite the dark action edge these films have had, it is STILL technically a summer film and summer films are known for having action and romance combined. It worked for the Spider-Man films and it certainly worked to an extent for the prior X-Men films.

Now, Jean is DEAD. Scott is AWOL (allegedly). Rogue and Bobby are teenaged kids. Therefore there is no romance for ADULT FEMALE audience members to relate to. However, Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman are major sex symbols. It makes total sense to build an attraction between them--aside from Professor X they are the only other adults in the faculty.

Sorry but that makes no sense at all. I'll concede that Wolverine has had his fair share of the limelight. But Storm has not. X1 and X2 belonged to Jean and Logan--with Rogue thrown in for good measure. Scott was in full command in X1, and Rogue and Magneto were fleshed out very well in that film. Storm is the only one that needs some gravity added to her character--because up till now she's been little more than a walking SFX machine for the trailers. :rolleyes:

As far as Hugh and Halle leaving--you cannot subtract all of your biggest stars and hope that your franchise will still succeed with mainstream moviegoers. That is poor business sense because the fanboy audience simply is not powerful enough to sustain it. Unfortunately, the X-Men franchise can not survive on mere name recognition--it needs marketability. You need to have marquee actors to ground this franchise.

Stewart and McKellan are as good as gone, but they've gotten the ball rolling. Hugh can afford to leave because Wolverine is being spun off of this series. The only other major box office draws you have left are Anna Paquin and Halle Berry. If Storm is finally "fixed" in this sequel, why the hell would Halle leave? She, along with Anna and Kelsey could easily lead this franchise alongside the B-list actors i.e. Famke, James, Ben Foster, etc.

And what makes you so sure that Hugh will leave the X-Men anyway? He could always come back after Wolverine.

I know these movies have to have romance, but there has been no buildup or development whatsoever of a relationship between Storm and Logan. It would feel thrown in there. You say Jean is dead and Scott is AWOL. Well here's the thing, and this just my opinion, Scott shouldn't be AWOL and Jean is obviously not dead as she'll be returning as Dark Phoenix. The romance should stem from Scott trying to reach through to Jean who has gone rogue. And basically at the end Scott succeeds and Jean returns to normal and love triumphs and yadda, yadda. The story is there for the taking and would easily translate on screen. You don't need Storm and Logan getting together to provide romance, not to mention there's the whole Rogue-Bobby relationship and possible love triangle involving Kitty. Major story decisions should not be made based on demographics, that's how a studio thinks and that's why many movies these days end up crap. Just b/c the both of them are sex symbols, doesn't mean they should get together. If you go by that thinking it makes it seem like all you care about is making money, instead of crafting a good story that makes sense. "Oh, Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry are really hott so let's have them get together, that'll sure bring in the women." I for one care more about a good story and sensible characters than X3 bringing in celebrity couple-obsessed women

As far as Storm, I should've made myself more clear. You're right she was merely window dressing in X1, however I thought she had ample screen time in X2 and it's fairly evident we'll be seeing a lot of her in X3. So altogether she will have had a fair amount of presence in the first three movies. Scott however had a middle-sized role in X1, next to nothing in X2, and it looks like the same can be said for X3. So altogether he will not have had a very big presence in the first three movies, and therefore should be fleshed out more in future sequels should he survive X3.

Also, the film franchise does not hinge on Hugh and Halle. People don't go to these movies just for those two, especially Halle, because if that was the case the first two wouldn't have made so much money since Storm wasn't exactly a main character. I'm not saying Storm MUST go, I'm just saying if she left along with Wolvie it would help thin out the roster to leave way for new characters to be introduced. And in reality, Hugh and Halle aren't marquee names. They're stars, no doubt about that, but they havn't yet proven that their name alone brings tons of people to their movies. I think the X-men franchise can survive without Halle. Don't get me wrong though it'd be okay if she stayed, it's just if she left it would leave room for others so the films don't get too crowded. Because face it, you can't keep adding more and more characters and not take out a few here and there. And IMO, I'd rather see Cyke stay around then Storm. He should lead after Xavier dies (if he dies), he even said it in X1.

Oh and for the record Kelsey Grammar is more of a star than Anna Paquin. Anna's what most call a character actor, not a star.

tonytr1687 said:
I know these movies have to have romance, but there has been no buildup or development whatsoever of a relationship between Storm and Logan. It would feel thrown in there. You say Jean is dead and Scott is AWOL. Well here's the thing, and this just my opinion, Scott shouldn't be AWOL and Jean is obviously not dead as she'll be returning as Dark Phoenix. The romance should stem from Scott trying to reach through to Jean who has gone rogue. And basically at the end Scott succeeds and Jean returns to normal and love triumphs and yadda, yadda. The story is there for the taking and would easily translate on screen. You don't need Storm and Logan getting together to provide romance, not to mention there's the whole Rogue-Bobby relationship and possible love triangle involving Kitty. Major story decisions should not be made based on demographics, that's how a studio thinks and that's why many movies these days end up crap. Just b/c the both of them are sex symbols, doesn't mean they should get together. If you go by that thinking it makes it seem like all you care about is making money, instead of crafting a good story that makes sense. "Oh, Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry are really hott so let's have them get together, that'll sure bring in the women." I for one care more about a good story and sensible characters than X3 bringing in celebrity couple-obsessed women

This is true and you are correct. Sadly, however, this is Hollywood. Whether or not it makes common sense is irrelevant--the bottom line is it makes good business sense. If X3 marks the beginning of a tastefully-done love story between the two--and not some slam-bam-thankya-ma'am business, I don't see what the harm is.

tonytr1687 said:
As far as Storm, I should've made myself more clear. You're right she was merely window dressing in X1, however I thought she had ample screen time in X2 and it's fairly evident we'll be seeing a lot of her in X3. So altogether she will have had a fair amount of presence in the first three movies. Scott however had a middle-sized role in X1, next to nothing in X2, and it looks like the same can be said for X3. So altogether he will not have had a very big presence in the first three movies, and therefore should be fleshed out more in future sequels should he survive X3.

I too would prefer Scott to take the lead with Storm as his right-hand woman, just as it was in X1. They are leaders and they should be in the saddle together.

tonytr1687 said:
Also, the film franchise does not hinge on Hugh and Halle. People don't go to these movies just for those two, especially Halle, because if that was the case the first two wouldn't have made so much money since Storm wasn't exactly a main character. I'm not saying Storm MUST go, I'm just saying if she left along with Wolvie it would help thin out the roster to leave way for new characters to be introduced.

It doesn't "hinge" on Halle, but I disagree with regards to Hugh. Right or wrong, Bryan Singer has made him the identifying symbol of the X-Men. Hell, Logan IS the X-Men now. And that's pathetic. He cannot leave...although a well-cast Remy LeBeau might take fans' minds off of him. :cool:

tonytr1687 said:
And in reality, Hugh and Halle aren't marquee names. They're stars, no doubt about that, but they havn't yet proven that their name alone brings tons of people to their movies. I think the X-men franchise can survive without Halle. Don't get me wrong though it'd be okay if she stayed, it's just if she left it would leave room for others so the films don't get too crowded.

I disagree...they are marquee names for this franchise. They, along with Ian and Patrick are the biggest box office draws, period. And yes, the franchise would certainly survive without Halle, yet it needs Storm--if that makes any sense. If Cykes is out of the picture, you have to have Storm and vise versa. They are the essential leaders of the X-Men and ground the team in ways other characters cannot. Remember, Scott, Jean, Storm, Xavier and Logan have always been the most popular X-Members. If you kill off 3 of them, and give the other a solo series, you're messing up the appeal even for comic fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"