Sequels Who would be the villain for SM4?

He had the memory of killing ben parker fixed in his mind as a constant regret etc etc......

Seems like he wouldn't want to kill again....

Ben Parker wasn't a constant thorn in his side. Nor could he really do anything to stop him. But ofcourse he would've regretted killing Spidey afterwards. But thats with anyone who does something like that out of desperation.

He would have just avoided him, if he got beats, he'd be a little smarter and avoid spidey, the new villain gave him the perfect oppertunity etc...

No, that wasn't his mentality. Thats your rationalisation of it, but thats not how he saw it. Which either could make sense.
Remember, Flints not all that smart(movie Flint that is.) Look at where he chose to run to in flee of the cops. I doubt he could rationalise the scenario you just gave so easily. At that point he felt Spider-man must die whatever the cost.

As far as spidey knew, flint was dead, perfect oppertunity for him. He's an oppertunist remember. H expresses no desire to hurt spidey, he always mentions he doesn't want to hurt him. If he's considered dead, why look for the person who whooped you that you didn't want to hurt?

Flints death status didn't matter. Flint plans to rob a bank or whatever again. Flint knows once he does this Spider-man willknow he's alive. Flint believes he will be twarted again. In his mind ,at the time, the only solution was to kill Spider-man.

Rob one bank or even post office, you have enough cash, that's all he wanted, so he could have easily done this without hurting people, hell, just leave new york and rob somewhere in a nearby city....

Again, your putting your own rationised thought into his characters way of thinking. For one, I doubt he's going to stray too far from NewYork given his attactment to his daughter who lives there. Another thing, he probably thinks Spider-man will pop out of no where like he did the last two times if he decides to rob a bank, post office or other.

you said he'd do anything, so leaving new york(which is easy since he can now fly around) would appear a better option than killing, especially since he has stated he doesn't want to hurt anyone, and also the fact he can move very quickly and easily.

What do we know from the film:

-He does what he does for his daughter
-He doesn't want to hurt anyone
-He can move around fast and is near unstoppable
-His sand state gives him the abilty to get into places that would normally be difficult
-He has robbed places without being caught

Now from these established facts, we can clearly see he does not need to cause a massive scene(which would not really make his daughter feel to great to see a city hero dieing), in order to achieve his goals...

Leaving NewYork would conflict too much with his emotional attatchment for his daughter though. In a state of mind like his, too many choices conflict and override each other. His emotional attatchment will keep him NewYork bound. His desire to save his daughter will make him kill if twarted continuously. His deep down good nature will make him regret it in the end. Thats just how he works as a character.

the problem is, he doesn't work as a character, lol

If you think so. Its not like real people don't have emotional attatchments, or conflicting feelings that may make them look hypocritical or such.

None of the views were expressed truley though, which is the problem, with more screen time and development, we may have got this message, but how it was made it so the motivation for killing was not fully explained, I can see why you would say it's justified, but really it's a bit of a push, if we're going by what should be, in terms of what you're saying, he would have gone back to see his daughter having just escaped death....

There's a lot of issues that more screen time could resolve

I recieved this just by watching. I don't see how you could miss it. Him constantly groaping his locket that contains his daughters picture, his first visit to his daughter, and conversation with his wife showed me enough. He seemed developed to me.

EVERYONE PLEASE HEAR ME!!!
I think the villain for Spider-Man 4 should be the Lizard. Why? Because he is without a doubt the most highly indemand villain for spidey 4.
Here are what I think are good story reasons for why he should be the villain.
1. Dr. Connors is a role model for Peter, and a mentor and in some ways a father figure. Now we may not have seen that in the movies so far but that's what we would see in Spidey 4.
2.Because of their close relationship it would be harder for Peter to do what's expected of him as Spider-Man to rid the people of New York of this menace.
3.And the big question for Peter Parker is whether he's willing to sacrifice someone that's important to him for the safety of others.
4.They could make the Lizard a very sympathetic and tragic character because he does have a family and he could be a ridiculed and misunderstood monster just like Frankenstein's monster. And there is Connors somewhere in there but he loses himself to the monster thus that's where Spider-Man has his hand forced.
5.Also if Sam Raimi does come back can u imagine a Spider-man film with horror elements. You would not be able to for a more suitable director.
And 1 more thing I think Kraven should be added because he would represent the discomfort and dislike the people of New York have for the Lizard. That would cause him and Spider-Man to cross paths because peter wants to cure Connors not kill him and that could cause a strain in the relationship between him and the people of New York as well. Plus one villain would seem more like a step back.PLEASE READ THIS!!!

EVERYONE PLEASE HEAR ME!!!
I think the villain for Spider-Man 4 should be the Lizard. Why? Because he is without a doubt the most highly indemand villain for spidey 4.
Here are what I think are good story reasons for why he should be the villain.
1. Dr. Connors is a role model for Peter, and a mentor and in some ways a father figure. Now we may not have seen that in the movies so far but that's what we would see in Spidey 4.
2.Because of their close relationship it would be harder for Peter to do what's expected of him as Spider-Man to rid the people of New York of this menace.
3.And the big question for Peter Parker is whether he's willing to sacrifice someone that's important to him for the safety of others.
4.They could make the Lizard a very sympathetic and tragic character because he does have a family and he could be a ridiculed and misunderstood monster just like Frankenstein's monster. And there is Connors somewhere in there but he loses himself to the monster thus that's where Spider-Man has his hand forced.
5.Also if Sam Raimi does come back can u imagine a Spider-man film with horror elements. You would not be able to for a more suitable director.
And 1 more thing I think Kraven should be added because he would represent the discomfort and dislike the people of New York have for the Lizard. That would cause him and Spider-Man to cross paths because peter wants to cure Connors not kill him and that could cause a strain in the relationship between him and the people of New York as well. Plus one villain would seem more like a step back.PLEASE READ THIS!!!

Relax dude, Lizard has already been confirmed. You can sleep soundly tonight lol

What I'd really like to see is a film with Carnage with an R-rating. I would never ever want to see a flim with Carnage with a lower rating, though. Unfortuantely, that's not too feasible.

Villains I'd like to see that seem more possible are Lizard and Electro. Lizard's such a great character and so multi-dimensional. Plus, I know a lot of Lizard fans have been waiting AGES for one. Electro's another option. Not too partial for anything more than the visual aspect of seeing him in a movie. Don't know if they could pull it off with the film tech they have today, but if they could, it would look almost too cool.

i picked the last choice, and here are my reasons:

1. Jameson wanted a photo of Spidey committing a crime, and got screwed over by Brock with a photoshop manip. Jameson's obviously pissed, which leaves an opening for Mac Gargan (aka The Scorpion)

2. Dr. Connors has had an increasingly larger role in every Spider-Man film, going from simply being mentioned by Peter in Spider-Man to actually appearing in Spider-Man 2 and to finally becoming involved in Peter's story in Spider-Man 3. The Lizard is an obvious frontrunner, but I'd just love to see Scorpion in Spider-Man 4.

1. Jameson wanted a photo of Spidey committing a crime, and got screwed over by Brock with a photoshop manip. Jameson's obviously pissed, which leaves an opening for Mac Gargan (aka The Scorpion)

2. Dr. Connors has had an increasingly larger role in every Spider-Man film, going from simply being mentioned by Peter in Spider-Man to actually appearing in Spider-Man 2 and to finally becoming involved in Peter's story in Spider-Man 3. The Lizard is an obvious frontrunner, but I'd just love to see Scorpion in Spider-Man 4.

good point your on two something:woot:

good point your on two something:woot:

Relax dude, Lizard has already been confirmed. You can sleep soundly tonight lol
That's not confirmed.

Anyone can say they are confirmed...only fools fall for it.

Morlun is the villain. There, I said it. It's confirmed, right?

so, would anyone else, like to see, some gaint rebotic spider-slyers, in a movie

Spider slayers? I don't know? What would be the reasons to use them. who woul lead the crusade to capture Spiderman? And please don't say JJJ.

i don't know, didn't really think that deeply into it, just thought it would be cool to see them, in a movie lol
maybe, just some crime boss type, cause, he's sick of spidey stoping all the crime
kidnaps some tech researches, engineers (from some high tech robotic company) or blackmails them, whatever, and forces them to makes the Slayers
I guess it could be Silvermaine or Kingpin even

Yea I could see a movie with Spider Slayers and Scorpion being like the ultimate spider slayer

how could a crime boss realistically make them, they would need to be some great development, I can't see them popping up for a while at least.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"