Who would be your four Horsemen?

Red

King Littlefinger
Reaction score
Simple question Apocalypse always has his four Horsemen, but if you were him who would you pick and why?

Notes. You can chose from heroes and villians.

War: Deathstroke. He's probably the greatest soldier and feild tactitian in the DCU. He's one of the few people who makes war into an art form.

Famine: Parasite. He literally sucks the fuel from a person on a molecular level.

Pestilence: Metallo. His body gives off harmfull amounts of radiation on a regular basis.

Death: Martian Manhunter. He is probably the second most powerful member of the League next to Green Lantern. Were he to abandon his morals, he would be the ultimate killer.

EDIT: Dude, for some reason, I thought I was in the DC forum. :confused:

War: Taskmaster

Famine: Rogue

Pestilence: Swarm

Death: Mr. Immortal... just for the irony.

War: Wolverine, the rage and killer instinct for war jsut fits perfectly

Famine: Rogue

Pestilence: Cable

Death: Classic Juggernaut. It may not be possible but it would be a terrifying thing to face on the battle field!

War : War Machine. In his prime.

Famine : Havok

Pestilence : Spiderman

Death : Deadpool

Black Knight,Ghost Rider,Brother Voodoo,Morbius

Death: Archangel
War: Wolverine
Famine: Dark Beast
Pestilence: Havok

i maintain here and now that the best death ever was and always will be archangel. u couldn't get more badass than morbid, dark, metal wing warren.

The Question said:
War: Deathstroke. He's probably the greatest soldier and feild tactitian in the DCU. He's one of the few people who makes war into an art form.

Famine: Parasite. He literally sucks the fuel from a person on a molecular level.

Pestilence: Metallo. His body gives off harmfull amounts of radiation on a regular basis.

Death: Martian Manhunter. He is probably the second most powerful member of the League next to Green Lantern. Were he to abandon his morals, he would be the ultimate killer.

EDIT: Dude, for some reason, I thought I was in the DC forum. :confused:
I like that list, though I'd replace J'onn with Fernus.

War: Hulk. That was the coolest i've ever seen hulk easilly.
Death: Omega Red. Just being near him can kill you.
Famine: Emplate. He sucks the life out of people. Particularly mutants so he fits.
Pestilence: Vermin. Stray dogs, cats, rodents. Desease ridden and vicious. I dunno about you but it just screams pestilence to me.

And finally Eric: who left before they became famous.

Death: Joe Quesada
Pestilence: JMS
Famine: Bendis
War: Jenkins.

:p

Johnny Blaze said:
I like that list, though I'd replace J'onn with Fernus.

Well, Fernus is just J'onn cutting loose from his inhibitions and psychological blocks. As Death, I'd think he would be doing the same thing.

Famine: Emplate (props to Vanguard, its his choice)

War Option 1: Random- he creates weapons out of his hands. He's a one man army

War option 2: Jefferies- he can control metal and use it to make weapons and such. It be cool for Apoc to turn him into some sort of evolving cyborg

Pestilence: Omega Red! I think he is best suited for pestilence since his powers are based on a disease.

Death: Wither! His power IS death and with him on the run from the mansion and having doubts about his how much good he can do, he'd be prime for the picking. It would also hit close to home, since he is kind of an X-Men failure. Plus Death is almost always a X-Man

Spectre722 said:
i maintain here and now that the best death ever was and always will be archangel. u couldn't get more badass than morbid, dark, metal wing warren.

I agree hands down :up:

War: Ares. Can't do much better for war than the bona fide god of, right? If he were enhanced the way the Hulk was as War, he'd be unstoppable.

Pestilence: X-Man. It seems fitting that the guy who used to be shaman to the whole world should be made into the horseman of sickness and disease.

Famine: Selene. She's a life force vampire, so she fits the famine theme, and she covers both the mutant and female slots, balancing the team out a bit.

Death: The Void. He's already got the look, and he's as powerful as the Sentry is by his very nature.

War---Hulk
Famine---Gladiator
Pestilance--Carnage
Death---Shuma-Gorath

War: Hulk
Famine:professor X
Pestilance: Ghost Rider
Death: Carnage

War- Magneto
Famine- Rouge
Pestilence- Omega Red
Death- Ghost Rider

Cool question, Red X! :up:

To me it just doesn't feel right for them to be anyone other than mutants, and I can't help feeling that the biggest guns like Xavier and Magneto would both be a bit uncontrollable (much like the Hulk proved to be). I also think the powers should fit the names as much as possible. With that in mind . . .

War: Havok
Famine: The Blob (see below)
Pestilence: Omega Red
Death: The Gorgon

I'd modify the Blob's powers so that he makes people become starved (like Famine typically does), but also gets fatter himself for everything he drains away.

Cry havok and loose the dogs of war? Interesting. So since my "eric" comment didnt get any response i'm assuming none of you are Terry Pratchett fans?

Anyway I just wanted to point out that it's unlikely that Apocalypse'd ever have characters as powerfull as Ares, X-man, The Void, Shuma Gorath etc.

For them to be his horsemen Apocalypse has to be able to A) capture them to put them through the process of becoming a horseman.
And B) Control them.

I doubt he'd be able to do that with characters more powerfull than he. And if he did he'd have to weaken them to maintain control. Thats kinda the opposite of what he does. Instead he takes weak characters and makes them strong.

I like Pratchett but I've only read Good Omens and Going Postal. Eric wasn't one of his horsemen in Good Omens, and that's the only Pratchett book with horsemen that I remember.

As for the horsemen's power, I suppose that's valid in the Void's case for mine, but he captured the Hulk and the Hulk would wipe the floor with Ares, if Ares' unqualified losses against Hercules and Thor are any indication. X-Man's also debatable, since Apocalypse was supposed to be the arch-nemesis of Cable, who's just about X-Man's equal at the height of his power, and Cable always made it seem like it'd be an uphill battle if they ever fought, even when his full psychic powers were freed by the remission of his TO virus.

Vanguard07 said:
Cry havok and loose the dogs of war? Interesting. So since my "eric" comment didnt get any response i'm assuming none of you are Terry Pratchett fans?

Anyway I just wanted to point out that it's unlikely that Apocalypse'd ever have characters as powerfull as Ares, X-man, The Void, Shuma Gorath etc.

For them to be his horsemen Apocalypse has to be able to A) capture them to put them through the process of becoming a horseman.

And B) Control them.

I doubt he'd be able to do that with characters more powerfull than he. And if he did he'd have to weaken them to maintain control. Thats kinda the opposite of what he does. Instead he takes weak characters and makes them strong.

Well, manipulation rarely factors in physical weakness. SImply psycholigical weakness. A true manipulator can get guys who could easily kill him to do exactly what he wants. I mean, most of Hitler's generals could have kicked his ass, but he was stringing them along like puppets (for the most part). Take J'onn from my DC choices for a second. He is a very powerful individual. But he has alot of psycholigical baggage. He say everone and everything that ever mattered to him die in one firey moment. Apokolypse could manipulate such a person into doing his bidding.

The Question said:
Well, manipulation rarely factors in physical weakness. SImply psycholigical weakness. A true manipulator can get guys who could easily kill him to do exactly what he wants. I mean, most of Hitler's generals could have kicked his ass, but he was stringing them along like puppets (for the most part). Take J'onn from my DC choices for a second. He is a very powerful individual. But he has alot of psycholigical baggage. He say everone and everything that ever mattered to him die in one firey moment. Apokolypse could manipulate such a person into doing his bidding.

I dont really agree. With some individuals he could exploit those with psychological baggage but anyone who's extremely telepathically/psionically powerfull or anyone with cosmic level abilities would likely have far too strong a will or a type/level of conscioussness that Apoc wouldnt be able to manipulate.

Apocalypse is a great manipulator and all but it's not like he can just change the foundations of a person just cause he wants to. J'onn for example's mind, I think would be far too strong for Apoc to touch.

Hell, Hulk became Apock's horseman but he couldnt be controlled. So I think you're wrong. I think how powerfull a character is is a big factor on how easilly manipulated. Also there's the point that Apoc probably wouldnt want a character thats too powerfull as his horseman cause if his manipulation went wrong or his controll faltered then he'd suddenly have a very very powerfull enemy very mad at him.
I would think the risk would outweigh the benefit in the cases of the extremely powerfull.

Vanguard07 said:
I dont really agree. With some individuals he could exploit those with psychological baggage but anyone who's extremely telepathically/psionically powerfull or anyone with cosmic level abilities would likely have far too strong a will or a type/level of conscioussness that Apoc wouldnt be able to manipulate.

Apocalypse is a great manipulator and all but it's not like he can just change the foundations of a person just cause he wants to. J'onn for example's mind, I think would be far too strong for Apoc to touch.

That's why he doesn't mind control him right off the bat. He wears him down through tourture and temptation. Beats the will out of him, or convinces him to abandon it. Or both. Manipulation is, in a rather macabre way, an art form. It takes time, patience, and delecacy.

Vanguard07 said:
Hell, Hulk became Apock's horseman but he couldnt be controlled. So I think you're wrong. I think how powerfull a character is is a big factor on how easilly manipulated. Also there's the point that Apoc probably wouldnt want a character thats too powerfull as his horseman cause if his manipulation went wrong or his controll faltered then he'd suddenly have a very very powerfull enemy very mad at him.
I would think the risk would outweigh the benefit in the cases of the extremely powerfull.

Again, I disagree. How physically powerful you are has nothing to do with how easily you can be manipulated. The Hulk is hard to control most of the time anyway, and it's ver possible that Apokolypse simply took him for a dumb beast and didn't take the precautions he should have. He wouldn't make that mistake with J'onn. He would beat him down psychologically until he was weakened, and then use the mind control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"