Who would you cast as Shipwreck?

CorpusBlack

Sidekick
Reaction score
Shipwreck is one of my favorite Joes. C'mon, have at it. Who would you cast?

This is a bit unrealistic but given Shipwrecks Latino roots I wouldn't mind seeing:

2006-11-02%20che%20del%20toro.jpg

Benecio Del Toro

Another good choice with Latin roots:

Chuck Sheen

Other possible options:
ryan_reynolds.jpg

Jason Lee Ryan Reynolds Josh Hartnett

This is a bit unrealistic but given Shipwrecks Latino roots I wouldn't mind seeing:

2006-11-02%20che%20del%20toro.jpg

Benecio Del Toro

Another good choice with Latin roots:

Chuck Sheen

Other possible options:
ryan_reynolds.jpg

Jason Lee Ryan Reynolds Josh Hartnett

All good choices. I think Jason Lee would actually be really good.

All good choices. I think Jason Lee would actually be really good.

Ummmmm....

I think Jason Lee is more crazed drunken lunatic than highly trained military operative.

I'm betting they go all out with the Shipwreck casting and land someone like Ryan Reynolds or Josh Hartnett. Unless Shipwreck is the one who gets killed.

Erik Palladino- looks a little like him but i always liked his acting in the series Over there

Ummmmm....

I think Jason Lee is more crazed drunken lunatic than highly trained military operative.

I'm betting they go all out with the Shipwreck casting and land someone like Ryan Reynolds or Josh Hartnett. Unless Shipwreck is the one who gets killed.

Lee's got that sense of humor that Shipwreck needs. Granted he's a bit under built for the character, but I think he can pull it off. It'd be interesting casting to say the least. Who would've thought Simon Pegg would ever be playing Scotty?

But the more i think about it Santiago Cabrera would be the perfect choice for shipwreck.

Jason Lee as Shipwreck is great casting because like someone mentioned, he has the same attitude that Shipwreck had and he can always spend some time building a bit of bulk.

Also let's not forget that Shipwreck was based off of Jack Nicholsons chacter from the film "The Last Detail" so I would also see Timothy Olyphant in the role as he often reminds me of a young Jack looks wise (watch his facial movements and eyebrows and you'll see what I mean.)

Christian Slater was once called the next Jack Nicholson.

Yes and I would also throw him into my very short casting list for Shipwreck. I know he may not be a populer choice but he is one of my favorite actors and someone I take my inspiration from when doing a job.

Yes and I would also throw him into my very short casting list for Shipwreck. I know he may not be a populer choice but he is one of my favorite actors and someone I take my inspiration from when doing a job.

'Kuffs' and 'Pump Up The Volume' are two guilty pleasures of mine. :up:

The dude made so many great flicks back then (and still does some good work except for a few flicks here and there (hallow man 2, alone in the dark)) and yes Kuffs was a damn great movie that I love to death.

The dude made so many great flicks back then (and still does some good work except for a few flicks here and there (hallow man 2, alone in the dark)) and yes Kuffs was a damn great movie that I love to death.

It all goes back to the 'Legend of Billie Jean' for me. :up:

You do need a Ryan Reynolds type character in the JIGOE mix, you usually get the sharp witted one think about it.

Hawk - is the leader
Duke - is the typical jock type
Scarlet - is the book worm
Ripcord - is the comical relief
Snake Eye's - is the serious one
Heavy Duty - is all guns blazing guy
&
Breaker - is the geek tech guy

The dynamic is very simular to the goonies all they need now is the truffle shuffle and mouth... LOL

Na Shipreck would make a great sharp witted character and Ryan Reynolds would be perfect for that.

Either Santiago Cabrera or Benicio del Toro. The real question is Polly or no Polly?

I'd go with Ruben Santiago-Hudson (Generation Kill) or Yul Vazquez (Bad Boys 2). I think Yul would suit the role better and it also depends on how much attention they pay to Shipwrecks ethnicity. These days with adaptations, they don't seem to care really. I'd prefer they try to get it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"