World Who's Superman voice did you like better? Tim Daly or George Newbern?

ganon51

Stay Awesome my friends
Reaction score
Seeing as how a lot of people loved Justice League more than Superman's own series, who did you prefer providing their voice for the man of steel?

ee0d0953a7380ab9_Tim-Daly-for-web.xlarger.jpg

MV5BMTc5OTQ3MTA5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQ4NjM2MQ@@._V1._SX300_SY453_.jpg

Last edited:
No preference. I thought they were both good.

I thought it was generally known that fans prefer Tim Daly's voice. I like Newbern too though, both are solid

I picked Newbern, though I thought Tim Daly had the definite superman voice....but I loved Newberns choice of words, ofcourse I'm pretty sure it wasn't his call, but I think it made superman cool IMO

^ It's funny, but while I think Daly's voice is more "affable sounding" for lack of a better word, I think Newbern's is more authoritative. I guess for leader/JL Supes I prefer Newbern, and for general farmboy/'innocent' Supes it's Daly.

If someone mashed both voices together, it would be the disturbingly definitive voice for Superman :)

I picked Newbern, though I thought Tim Daly had the definite superman voice....but I loved Newberns choice of words, ofcourse I'm pretty sure it wasn't his call, but I think it made superman cool IMO

Pretty sure that has to do more with script writing, rather than the voice actors themselves.

George, especially once the JLU episodes started had a real life to it, as well as an authoritative strength. Like everyone, sans Conroy, he did sound really dry and lifeless in the JL show before Unlimited came along. Which is why I disliked Daly, because for his entire run on TAS he sounded dry and awkward to my ears. I actually think George's best Superman part was in the Shazam/Black Adam short. The little back and forth with Adam when they first meet is pure Superman to my ears.

ADAM: "You fight for the wizard?"

SUPERMAN: "I fight for those that can't fight for themselves."

I really liked Tim Daly best but my ALL TIME FAVORITE Superman voice belongs to Bud Collyer (RIP).

Daly! I love the way he says Lois. Just something about his voice. He is also the best at having two distinct voices for Clark and Superman. I could close my eyes and always know rather it's Clark or Supes. He is good. His son will get there one day.

Last edited:
Daly! I love the way he says Lois. Just something about his voice. He is also the best at having two distinct voices for Clark and Superman. I could close my eyes and always know rather it's Clark or Supes. He is good. His son will get there one day.

really? I don't see that at all. His Superman and Clark voice sound very similar if not the same to me!

Daly has a much softer voice for Clark. It lacks bass and it's very noticeable...at least to me. When he is Superman he has more bass in his voice and sounds more authoritative.

Daly has a much softer voice for Clark. It lacks bass and it's very noticeable...at least to me. When he is Superman he has more bass in his voice and sounds more authoritative.

I see what you mean. While it is still the same voice, Daly's Superman has a deepness, a bass, while his Clark just sounds like Tim Daly. The difference is subtle, but it's there!

To be honest, I never really noticed a difference.

Been many years though.

Newbern definitely has his strong points. He's funnier at the quips and dead-pan humor. He really grew into the role during JLU.

No one will surpass Tim Daly he's the definitive Superman in my opinion.

George Newbern was fantastic though and came very close and I am happy if either voices the role but Daly's voice is Superman's to me.

No one will surpass Tim Daly he's the definitive Superman in my opinion.

George Newbern was fantastic though and came very close and I am happy if either voices the role but Daly's voice is Superman's to me.

giphy.gif

When they sound angry I prefer Tim Daly, George Newbern sounds a bit like Kirmit the frog
Most of the time I think they are equals

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"