Who's your favorite ACTOR(S)? (as well as least favorite)

900th POST!

:D
glitter_084.gif
:D

Tangled Web said:
My favorites are Denzel Washington, Ed Norton, Jude Law, Alfred Molina,Tom Hanks, and Jimmy Stewart (if we're talking all time)

My least favorite is Topher Grace, 'nuff said.

How dare you.

Really.

Topher is a fantastic actor, one of the only people who can actually make me laugh out loud. Along with him on that list are Will Ferrell and Paul Giamatti. But back to Topher, That 70's Show completely sucked once he left. Not to say that he was the only good thing about that show, which he wasn't. It's just that that show need the character of Eric and I think it took something out of the actors when he left as well. Topher can be very funny, but has also proved himself with more serious roles, like "In Good Company", which also had its funny moments, but was a far cry from Eric Foreman. I think he is one of the greatest young actors of today, and I can't wait to see how he handles the role of a villan in Spiderman 3. If there are any In Topher We Trust groups around here, I want to join.

I'll post more actors when I think of them.

Robert DeNiro is pretty much my fave . . . . and there are a loooooot of shyt actors out there, so I'll go w/ the default Ashton Kutcher

^ He was good on That 70's Show with the rest of the cast behind him, but other than that...........no.

i don't know about actors....but Uwe Boll HAS to be the best director out there :cool:

Hmm never heard of him. What movies did he do?

Iglius said:
How dare you.

Really.

Topher is a fantastic actor, one of the only people who can actually make me laugh out loud. Along with him on that list are Will Ferrell and Paul Giamatti. But back to Topher, That 70's Show completely sucked once he left. Not to say that he was the only good thing about that show, which he wasn't. It's just that that show need the character of Eric and I think it took something out of the actors when he left as well. Topher can be very funny, but has also proved himself with more serious roles, like "In Good Company", which also had its funny moments, but was a far cry from Eric Foreman. I think he is one of the greatest young actors of today, and I can't wait to see how he handles the role of a villan in Spiderman 3. If there are any In Topher We Trust groups around here, I want to join.

I'll post more actors when I think of them.

pffttt I agree with Tangled-Web :up:

Iglius said:
Hmm never heard of him. What movies did he do?

oh come on...only the classic masterpieces that Oscar overlooked such as Bloodrayne and House of the Dead...

Never seen 'em. Not into horror. But I'm interested in this Topher hate. Do tell.

Iglius said:
Well why, out of curiosity?

He's..
  • ugly
  • old
  • too skinny to play Venom
  • worst casting choice ever
  • doen't even look like Eddie Brock
  • to aged to play a colledge student

Welcome to the Hype :up:

I don't want to turn this into an SM3 debate, but just to hopefully settle this:

The ugly thing is an opinion

Old? He's 28.

He's got a personal trainer and is devoted to the part. The rest we leave up to our friends over at the CGI department.

Worst casting choice ever? Trust in Raimi. They wouldn't have cast him if they didn't see something special in him. Thats why sometimes the better actors who maybe don't look exactly like their comic book counterparts are cast instead of the dead-on look alikes. Plus, that's why he's an actor. Thats what he does. Takes on challenging roles. This will expand his resume in hopes to become a more versatile actor.

Looks enough like a young Eddie to me.

And...lets see.....oh too old? See second argument.

Patrick Stewart
200px-PatrickStewart2004-08-03.jpg

Michael McKean
200px-Mmckean.jpg

Michael Caine
News-batbegins4-1.jpg

Bill Pullman
BillPullman.jpg

Clancy Brown
997STS_Clancy_Brown_004.jpg

Jeff Goldblum
link.jeff.goldblum.jpg