Comics Whose getting married in ASM 600

bryanss3

Summerholidays
Reaction score
I'm making a poll thread for this just cause I want to see what everyone thinks. these are tho only ones I could think up so if you think of another just post it.

1. Harry Osborn and Lilly Hollister. Menace appears to be pregnant(ASM 598) and still has the ring Harry proposed with.
2. Norman Osborn and Lilly Hollister. they have some creepy goblin relationship going on. thats all I'm gonna say about that.
3. Harry Osborn and Carlie Cooper. they're getting closer and anything can happen with Harry Osborn.
4. Aunt May and JJJ senior. this seems to be everyone's best guess. I'm not sure how I feel about it still.
5. Flash Thompson and Betty Brant. they've had a relationship in the past but they seemed pretty close in the last issue of ASM(591)
6. MJ gets married. she did have a phone call got cut off when she seemed to be saying something important. and if this happens I'm sure a larger amount of people will drop the book than did at the launch of BND

or someone else

You should include JJJ Sr. & Aunt May... but I like option 6. just to rile up the people who hate the new direction... lol

:cwink:

honestly I am in fear of option 6. I just started accepting BND like little while ago, but I think that would push me to drop the book. I don't think they'd do that unless they're looking to make everyone go "come on f*** this!" and throw their comic. I mean with the amount of people who can't get over the OMD(still pissed about that by the way but I've moved on) MJ getting married would be a giant F you to fans and I don't think Dan Slott would do that. Imagine if some how 600 was Pete and MJ getting married cause their love is just that strong

All the good money is on JJJ Sr. & Aunt May...

:yay:

I am thinking that it's Harry and Lilly. Especially from last issue with Norman making an appearance.

I am thinking that it's Harry and Lilly. Especially from last issue with Norman making an appearance.

did you read ASM extra #3 there was a story where Menace and Harry had a conversation and she is with Norman now.

I'm voting for Flash and Betty though I doubt it will happen it'd be nice. I mean Flash is going through a hard time and deserves something nice and after ASM 583 I felt bad for Betty Brant. 2 characters going through a hard time in life. Flash's is obviously a worse situation, but I think you can figure out what I mean. and IMO it makes the most sense considering the characters have had a relationship in the past. I don't really like the idea of Aunt May and JJJ senior getting married right now because it seems really quick. I'd say the longest these 2 could have known each other by issue 600 is 6 months, but the quick fix answer for that is its love you can put a time limit on love.

Flash and Betty would be the best for something no one was suspecting IMO. the seeds have been planted for this mystery and the ones that seem could be the wedding are Osborns, Aunt May, or MJ, but you see Flash and Betty and you probably aren't going to think of them even though the have a romantic history When you have Osborn Proposing, Norman with Lily, Harry with Carlie, fan speculation about Aunt May and JJJ Sr., and MJ's cut off phone message that is important news for Pete, but now if it does happen I've pointed out why it would make sense.

Last edited:
You know we're starting to heal when "Mephisto and JQ" is not an option on here. :)

Flash and Betty would be the best for something no one was suspecting IMO. the seeds have been planted for this mystery and the ones that seem could be the wedding are Osborns, Aunt May, or MJ, but you see Flash and Betty and you probably aren't going to think of them even though the have a romantic history When you have Osborn Proposing, Norman with Lily, Harry with Carlie, fan speculation about Aunt May and JJJ Sr., and MJ's cut off phone message that is important news for Pete, but now if it does happen I've pointed out why it would make sense.

That would be a good way to go. Then MJ's message on the answering machine may have supposed to have been something like this"

"Hey Tiger, I...I thought you should know I'm going to be attending Flash and Betty's wedding, which I assume you'll be attending, also. Just wanted to give you a head's up now so that you aren't caught off guard when you see me there. Tell your mother hi for me, okay?"

Then again, maybe the person on the answering machine was Jackpot, risen from the dead? :p

did you read ASM extra #3 there was a story where Menace and Harry had a conversation and she is with Norman now.

Oh really? Harry and Lilly would have been my first choice.

Hmmm, I'll say Flash and Betty then.

Based on last issue, my first guess would be Harry and Carlie, but I doubt it. I really hope its JJJ Sr and May...I'm salivating at the story possibilities.

I'm going with two characters that we've never met before and part of the Spidey/ock fight will happen when they crash said wedding... its unexpected, very left field and completely irrelevant to the plot...

I'm sure that is exactly whats going to happen.

I don't think they'll do that. Its kind of a dumb to advertise something that'll be completely insignificant to the entire issue.

^Well...they did hype JAckpot...made her WALK AND TALK AND LOOK LIKE MJ...& she ended up being no one we knew.

I don't think they'll try to spit on all the fans by having it be MJ and CArrr....but then again..i dunno....this reboot in OMD devil world......(and now the "Mystery Wiper")...is getting cornier & cheesier, imo.

I so wish i was reading Slott on a real Spider-Man comic, that wasn't a reboot where the whole world needs explaining, and it feels like Alternate Ultimate Exiled Amazing Spider-Man 3X.

Betty and Flash is a good possibility, but I'm going to say JJJ Sr. and Aunt May.

^Well...they did hype JAckpot...made her WALK AND TALK AND LOOK LIKE MJ...& she ended up being no one we knew.

I don't think they'll try to spit on all the fans by having it be MJ and CArrr....but then again..i dunno....this reboot in OMD devil world......(and now the "Mystery Wiper")...is getting cornier & cheesier, imo.

I so wish i was reading Slott on a real Spider-Man comic, that wasn't a reboot where the whole world needs explaining, and it feels like Alternate Ultimate Exiled Amazing Spider-Man 3X.
good point about the whole Jackpot BS story. so you never know with them.

Betty and Flash is a good possibility, but I'm going to say JJJ Sr. and Aunt May.

JJJ Sr. and Aunt may seems most likely and I won't be surprised if thats it, but I like the idea of Betty and Flash.IMO It makes so much sense considering in ASM right now they are the only two characters in a relationship that we know have known each other for more than a year. If it does happen I'll be excited, but if it's JJJ Sr. and Aunt May we've seen this comic since ASM 583 came out and they announced there was going to be a wedding in issue 600.

That's why I said it... Cause Most revelas have been either a completely irrelevant left field move, or a crappy reveal seen from a mile away... I'm going with the unexpected.

It's obviously doc ock and aunt may for real this time =P

Hmm. Since we KNOW that Doc Ock will be in the issue, maybe a catalyst for him re-emerging is finding out his ex-fiance, Aunt May, is getting married (to JJJ Sr)...

Ugh! No way! Ock is not love with May. Never was. He grew fond of her, but never had any romantic attachments towards her.

May getting hitched wouldn't bother him.

Well, I didn't say it would necessarily bother him. ;)

Heck, he might be a GUEST to her wedding (assuming it's her that's getting married)!

Norman Osborn and a Gwen Stacy clone :D

lol the only way I ever want to see another Gwen Stacy clone ever show up in another comic is if its a story to retcon sins past

My first thought is Aunt May and Jameson Sr....

Still, with all the focus on Osborn lately (which i am LOVING) i wouldnt be surprised if he hooked up with Lily, driving a wedge further between him and Harry...(plus; we all KNOW how Norman loves the young babes :cwink: )...

It's likely going to be Aunt May and J. Jonah Jameson Sr. After all, it would involve nearly everybody in Peter's supporting cast in attendance, and considering that [blackout]J. Jonah Jameson Jr. is now the newly elected mayor[/blackout] it provides potential media coverage over [spoil]the mayor's long-lost father getting married [/blackout] and comedic moments for Pete in more ways that one. And it allows Doc Ock a reason to show up, although as some point out, he never actually loved Aunt May when he was engaged to her. Then again, given JMS story involving him fighting Caryle in Hollywood--where Peter and Aunt May were visiting MJ--there was a hint that Doc Ock's feelings may have been genuine. Not to mention that, it provides a hostage situation, considering that [blackout]Jonah as mayor and Norman Osborn would both be there[/blackout].

Somehow, while it's possible it could be MJ and Bobby Carr, it smacks too much of Spider-Man 2 (although it is a subplot described in Breevort's Spider-Man manifesto). And the other pairings seem a bit too soon. Aunt May and J. Jonah Jameson Sr. might be considering soon, too, but then again, considering they are older and come from a different generation, it wouldn't be uncommon for them to get married after only seeing each other a couple of months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"