Blader5489

CASUAL SEX!
Reaction score
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #588
Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM
Pencils & Cover by
JOHN ROMITA JR.
King Variant by TBA
This is the big one! The results are in, the masks are off and Spider-Man might just go down forever! With the secret of Menace revealed and the identity of the Spider-Tracer killer brought to light, the world of Peter Parker, Harry Osborn, Lily Hollister, Carlie Cooper and Vin Gonzales will never be the same! Questions you've asked since Spider-Man first entered his Brand New Day will be answered. But who will be left standing to pick up the pieces…and how does it involve Norman Osborn? This one's a can't miss, so be there for the conclusion of CHARACTER ASSASSINATION! By Marc Guggenheim and John Romita, Jr.
40 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #589
Written by FRED VAN LENTE
Pencils by PAULO SIQUEIRA
Cover by KLAUS JANSON,
CHRIS ELIOPOULOS
& DEAN WHITE
CHARACTER ASSASSINATION may be over, but the troubles keep coming as Spidey's old nemesis THE SPOT returns deadlier than ever! Wait. Did we just use "The Spot" and "deadlier" in the same sentence? You better believe it—with his teleportation powers, he's poised to make a name for himself as an unstoppable killer for hire, and the only thing standing between him and his latest target is your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EXTRA! #3
Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM, JOE KELLY & PHIL JIMENEZ
Pencils by PHIL JIMENEZ & MORE!
Cover by TOMM COKER
ASM Extra goes beyond the thrice-monthly pages of Amazing Spider-Man to bring you even more stories that explore Peter Parker's life and give you a glimpse of what's ahead.
This time out we catch up with wounded Iraq War Vet Flash Thompson as he adjusts to his new life, find out more about the mysterious young Kraven who continues to stalk Spider-Man, and we get a prelude to next Spring's Spidey event AMERICAN SON featuring a secret about Pete's best friend Harry Osborn.
Norman Osborn may be in charge of the world…but he hasn't stopped us from publishing Spider-man…yet.
48 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN NOIR #4 (of 4)
Written by DAVID HINE & FABRICE SAPOLSKY
Art by CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO
Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
Variant Cover by DENNIS CALERO
With the bite of a fateful spider, Peter Parker finally got the power to go up against the rotten gangland of Depression-era New York…the insidious, far-reaching, unstoppable crime machine that killed his beloved Uncle Ben…but will it kill him as well? Spider-Man's brash confrontation with Norman Osborn, the slick gangster nicknamed the Goblin, may be his final heroic act! By David Hine, Fabrice Sapolsky and Carmine Di Giandomenico.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #30
Written by TOM DEFALCO
Pencils & Cover by RON FRENZ
FINAL ISSUE! Is this the end of Spider-Girl? Can Peter and Mayday overcome Norman Osborn's final revenge?! Will the Black Tarantula and Araña survive against the Goblin Lord and the brand new May? What does fate hold in store for little Ben and Mary Jane? When the smoke finally clears, will it still be Spider-Girl's world? Be There For the End!
40 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN & THE HUMAN TORCH IN…¡BAHÍA DE LOS MUERTOS!
Written by TOM BELAND
Art & Cover by JUAN DOE
The Fantastic Four are going back to Puerto Rico! And this time, the Human Torch is bringing his good buddy Spider-Man along for the ride! Off the coast of Puerto Rico, the small, paradise-like island of Vieques is home to plants, animals, people, and the world's most beautiful glowing waters. But what deadly secret has turned the tranquil bay into…a giant radioactive monster?! And what unlikely ally turns out to be the only one who can help our heroes now? By Tom Beland and Juan Doe, the guys behind the madcap, heartwarming, fan-mega-favorite FANTASTIC FOUR: ¡ISLA DE LA MUERTE!
48 PGS./One-Shot/Rated A …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN Y LA ANTORCHA HUMANA EN…¡BAHIA DE LOS MUERTOS! EDICIÓN BORICUA EN ESPAÑOL
Written by TOM BELAND
Art & Cover by JUAN DOE
¡Los 4 Fantásticos regresan a Puerto Rico! Y esta vez, la Antorcha Humana trae a su buen amigo…¡el Hombre Araña!
En Vieques, la Isla Nena – un paraíso terrenal a la costa este de Puerto Rico – ¡ha surgido un gran peligro! ¿Qué ha causado que las aguas brillantes más preciosas del mundo se conviertan en una bestia carnívora?! Nuestros héroes se enfrentan al terror de la bahía bioluminiscente…¿y quién será el amigo inesperado quien único los puede ayudar? Tom Beland y Juan Doe, los creadores de LOS 4 FANTÁSTICOS: ¡ISLA DE LA MUERTE!, lanzan una nueva aventura puertorriqueña…¡disponible en esta súper-especial edición boricua en español!
48 PGS./One-Shot/Rated A …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN: BRAND NEW DAY #6
Collects AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #556 & #557
56 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

Source

Return of the Spot? Awesome. Fred Van Lente writing? ****ING AWESOME.

*sigh*

The end of Spider-Girl....:csad:

Okay, I'm not throwing out random BND hatred, but I distinctly remember the Spot getting his neck snapped by Tombstone in an issue of "Tangled Web". Um...did the OMD mindwipe/resurrection wave bring back the Spot?:huh:

I'm down for Amazing Spider-Girl (and the end of the only truly Amazing Spider-Book out there), Ultimate Spider-man (although I don't see it on there), and Spider-man Noir#1.

Okay, I'm not throwing out random BND hatred, but I distinctly remember the Spot getting his neck snapped by Tombstone in an issue of "Tangled Web". Um...did the OMD mindwipe/resurrection wave bring back the Spot?:huh:

No idea how he survived, but he was in MODOK's 11 last year--another awesome comic by Van Lente.

Maybe the one with the snapped neck was a Skrull....

:huh:

The Spot also made a cameo in a civil war one shot as well, i think it was the kingpin one, but wasnt spot also killed during Millar's Enemy of the State?

The Spot also made a cameo in a civil war one shot as well, i think it was the kingpin one, but wasnt spot also killed during Millar's Enemy of the State?

Meh. Just pretend its like "Jack O'Lantern/Mad Jack" who has had around a dozen unexplained different incarnations. Less headaches that way.

Perhaps the identity of the "new" Spot is somebody different... we've seen this before with other villains...

:up:

:yay:

I always thought the Spot was a cool villain, but the comics always portrayed him as a joke. I hope this time he comes back badass.

My New Year's R. will be to give post-OMD Spidey a chance. I might as well read the comic fulltime, and I have to say those solics sound worth reading.

I hope that The Spidey/Human Torch is just as good as the F4 Isla de la muerte... (Still I won't worship Ben Grimm... Sue Storm on the other hand...)

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #588
Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM
Pencils & Cover by
JOHN ROMITA JR.
King Variant by TBA
This is the big one! The results are in, the masks are off and Spider-Man might just go down forever! With the secret of Menace revealed and the identity of the Spider-Tracer killer brought to light, the world of Peter Parker, Harry Osborn, Lily Hollister, Carlie Cooper and Vin Gonzales will never be the same! Questions you've asked since Spider-Man first entered his Brand New Day will be answered. But who will be left standing to pick up the pieces…and how does it involve Norman Osborn? This one's a can't miss, so be there for the conclusion of CHARACTER ASSASSINATION! By Marc Guggenheim and John Romita, Jr.
40 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

Oh jeez,

Now Normie is the mastermind behind the Brand New Day cast and Harry's return.
Hopefully I'm wrong.

MG is a hit or miss writer....and I really don't want to go through 40 pages of suckage for an extra buck.

I'll wait til I hear some things before I even consider buying.

Can't even remember the last time I saw Spot in a Spidey book.

Last edited:
Oh jeez,

Now Normie is the mastermind behind the Brand New Day cast and Harry's return.
Hopefully I'm wrong.

I think since Secret Invasion is over and Osborn is now in charge of the most powerful organization on Earth, it's just a play on that scenario...

I think since Secret Invasion is over and Osborn is now in charge of the most powerful organization on Earth, it's just a play on that scenario...

Let's hope so...:csad:

actually,
I wouldn't mind having Harry taking over as the double crossing mastermind best friend.

I hope they have a reason for him to be back. I never did like Harry as a character. He was always such a jealous loser. :o

Looks like we'll find out next issue. I'll be buying.

I guess considering how Amazing Spider-Man Extra for March has something that promotes the next big event after "Character Assassination" that we can safely assume Harry is not Menace and, I'd venture to say, Lily Hollister isn't Menace either, if the event is going to be focusing on Harry and his relationship to his father after Norman has become head of the Initiative. Plus, it makes me think that Bill Hollister did in fact get elected as mayor and is in Osborn's pocket. After all, Norman might think Crowne became a political liability and figured his son, being so close to the Hollister family, that it's better to have Hollister in there. Wouldn't be surprised if the final part of Character Assassination reveals that Norman rigged the votes to make Hollister win by a landslide.

Also, here's something that caught my attention (the caption not the image, although that's an eye catcher too :) ):

00295p7x

MODELS, INC. #2 (of 4)
Written by PAUL TOBIN
Penciled by VIÇENÇ VILLAGRASSA
Cover by SCOTT CLARK
Millie Collins suspected of murder? Could it get any stranger? How about when she's linked to a second murder by a policeman who's intent on making a name for himself, and who has romantic intentions on Mille? It will take the investigative skills of Chili Storm and Mary Jane Watson, along with the ever-helpful Peter Parker, in order to turn up the clues to turn Millie loose!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

So, does this technically count as a reunion of Peter and MJ post One More Day? :p

Last edited:
Actually, in a way, I'm looking forward to this... They don't have to be married (as I said before, it was the horrendous way they split them up), but I still love MJ as a character. I'm interested in her. This could be just what she needs to help MJ branch out as someone other than the "wife of Spider-Man".

A Model/detective. LOL, sounds strange, but cool! I just want more MJ, I wanna know she's OK and that her character isn't going to fade away in obscurity... think how awesome she could be now. More than just Pete's wife, more than just the party girl, more than just the supporting character. MJ doesn't need powers (thankk GOD she wasn't Jackpot!). She 's awesome enough as it is!

Does any of that make sense? :huh: lol...

Actually, in a way, I'm looking forward to this... They don't have to be married (as I said before, it was the horrendous way they split them up), but I still love MJ as a character. I'm interested in her. This could be just what she needs to help MJ branch out as someone other than the "wife of Spider-Man".

A Model/detective. LOL, sounds strange, but cool! I just want more MJ, I wanna know she's OK and that her character isn't going to fade away in obscurity... think how awesome she could be now. More than just Pete's wife, more than just the party girl, more than just the supporting character. MJ doesn't need powers (thankk GOD she wasn't Jackpot!). She 's awesome enough as it is!

Does any of that make sense? :huh: lol...

Of course... :up:

I don't anyone at Marvel thinks of MJ as a useless character... it's one of the reasons why they simply didn't kill her off? She's too valuable a character in Peter's wonderful supporting cast... and with year's of development, she's proven to be much more than "Spider-Man's wife"...

I wasn't too keen on this mini at first, but these solits are really perking up my interests...

Full solicitations for March 2009 for Marvel comics are up. So new solicits include:

MARVEL ADVENTURES SPIDER-MAN # 49
The Story: Every student at Midtown High knows that Flash Thompson is numero uno at every game he plays...and that rule applies to more than just varsity sports. Flash's video gaming skills are the stuff of legend, and they just got him noticed by a super-villain looking to test a brand new arcade machine -- one that could destroy all of New York City! Will Peter Parker be able to swing into action and save his high school arch-nemeis before it's
too late...or will this finally be "game over" for the spectacular Spider-Man?! Insert 12 quarters to find out...
All Ages …$2.99

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN # 132
The Story: ULTIMATUM HAS TAKEN OVER THE WORLD!! SPIDER-MAN IS MISSING!! Friends are enemies and enemies are friends as
tensions mount to insane proportions. And yes, your eyes do not deceive you: MJ versus Kitty... to the death!!! (well, they slap each other a little)
Rated A …$2.99

SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE: SOPHOMORE JINX PREMIERE # 1
The Story: At long, long, long, looooooooooooooooong last, SHE’S BACK! Mary Jane Watson, in her very own adventures! Superstar
writer Terry Moore (Strangers in Paradise, upcoming RUNAWAYS) supplies story (and covers!) and artist Craig Rousseau (The Perhapanauts) brings his best for this all-new mini. It’s the beginning of a new high school year. MJ finally feels like she’s got her life in order. Good friends, good classes, good relationship with a certain Wall-Crawler…but is there someone behind the scenes that’s got it in for our rambunctious redhead? Collecting SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE SEASON 2 #1-5.
Ages 12 & Up …$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-3004-8

SECRET INVASION: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN # 1
The Story: New York is full of Skrulls and Spider-Man... where the heck is Spider-Man, anyway? Now, thanks to Brian Reed (MS. MARVEL) and exciting newcomer Marco Santucci, Jackpot and the rest of the cast of Brand New Day must pick up Spidey’s slack and go toe-to-toe with Super-Skrulls-- including one that might just be Spidey himself! Plus, one of the biggest mysteries of BRAND NEW DAY is revealed! Who is the mysterious Jackpot? What is her dark and mysterious secret? And how does Walter Declun (Wolverine: Civil War) play a part in it? We're not telling, but Marc Guggenheim and Mike McKone are! Collecting SECRET INVASION: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1-3 and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2008 ANNUAL.
Rated A …$14.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-3270-7

http://marvel.com/catalog/?date=2009-03-04

And, no, there's no solicit for Amazing Spider-Man #590. So it looks like that Marvel may be be dropping the three times a month format and going for a bi-monthly one--unless the Amazing Spider-Man Extra is supposed to count as the third issue for the month.

No idea how he survived, but he was in MODOK's 11 last year--another awesome comic by Van Lente.

Man...so this is another one of those, "Turn off brain and read" stories, huh?

I guess the Spot is such a third tier character that no one notices/misses him when he dies. :csad:

Not like I was going to buy it anyways, I just wanted to know how he came back from an obvious death.

As for Models Inc., it looks like it might be decent, and the first story to actually benefit from there not being a marriage. If they were married, it would be a Spider-Man story right out of the gate. With them being single, Spider-Man is simply a guest star.

Not speaking up in defense of BND, just giving credit where credit is due. Spider-Man suffers from not being married to MJ, but I think MJ benefits, honestly...at least for stories like this.

Let's hope so...:csad:

It is... look at the description for ASM Extra #3...

Norman Osborn may be in charge of the world…but he hasn’t stopped us from publishing Spider-man…yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"