Deadpool 2 Whose lack of screentime were you most disappointed with? (spoilers alert!)

He was the guy that was leading the group that beat up Wade and Russell in the Ice Box.

Ah yeah, remember it now. There's a joke of his name and White Wade.

I thought he was just some kind of thugs.

Domino and Negasonic could have been in there more though definitely Negasonic. Domino just because I liked the charisma that Zazie brought to the role.

Who is Black Tom Cassidy ? Did he appear in this ? Strange because I have no memory of such a character in DP 2. Can anyone post a picture of him ?

Cable [blackout]shoots him during the chase,[/blackout] hence the running gag of Deadpool calling Cable a racist. The irony is of course Black Cassidy is white. Hence another great joke, "What's your superpower besides cultural appropriation?"

What happened to Black Tom is one of the highlights of the movie.

[blackout]Deadpool: [/i]You racist son of a *****![/i] Which then leads to a great running gag. "Cable, promise me that in the future, you'll judge people not by the color of their skin but by the content of their heart."[/blackout]

I didn't mind the gags
but I didn't like the fact he was killed off.

Black Tom is a big part of X-Men lore and has become a big part of the Deadpool comics too.

BTW, Black Tom is a name given to at least two historical figures in Ireland who had dark hair and a dark complexion, it has nothing to do with having dreadlocks... which feels like a wacky shorthand explanation of the name by people who have no real knowledge of the material, lol. It kinda worked within the movie though because the actor was so good in the role.

You are aware this is comedy, right?

That's not an eXcuse to waste characters like Shatterstar and Black Tom Cassidy. They have appeared in too many comic books to be treated like this. They could have renamed them to someone else, and we wouldn't even discuss it.

Peter with Vanessa and Negasonic close behind!!

Not going to necessarily spoil anything but this is Deadpool where canon and continuity can and will be messed with.

I voted Other for Peter.
Rob Delaney's a great comedy actor and an excellent comedy screenwriter, you should check out the comedy he co-wrote with Sharon Horgan called Catastrophe, it's brilliant.
Carrie Fisher played his mother and it was the last role she filmed before her untimely death.

Vanessa. Morena Baccarin can do a lot more than play a love interest. Hopefully Deadpool's time meddling will have activated her powers somehow.

Disappointed mostly with screentime for Bedlam and Shatterstar, wanted more from Vanisher and what happened with Black Tom was just plain bad.

I felt the heavy hand of the studio and producers on this film. Fox's main mistakes repeated yet again - stuffing in cameos, killing people off...

All choices made by the writers, not Fox.

Vanessa. Morena Baccarin can do a lot more than play a love interest. Hopefully Deadpool's time meddling will have activated her powers somehow.

How was she wasted? She was basically a stand in for Death (from the comics) in this one. And the relationship between her and Wade is beautiful IMO, and I don't think making her superpowered would really add anything to the story.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"