The Amazing Spider-Man Why did Peter even make the costume and webbing?

Okay,so I have spent a lot of work searching through the wayback machine and have discovered that at least the first Spider-Man's audience score has not changed since it had 196388 ratings. Boom! My argument is starting to get a bit more credible. :yay:

What is a wayback machine, and how does this give you any credibility?

How does this validate your argument? This proves nothing other than Spider-Man is able to sustain an average 3/5 vote from when ever that screencap was taken now sitting on a healthy 34 thousand votes.

On even footing both TASM films are rated higher by audiences. This also leads to the assumption that the TASM films ratings are unlikely to change much in the future.

There's really no point in arguing with this guy. He's pretty set in his mindset.

On even footing both TASM films are rated higher by audiences. This also leads to the assumption that the TASM films ratings are unlikely to change much in the future.

It's not even close to being on even footing. The Amazing Spider-Man movies don't even have a million votes (TASM 2 is at a paltry 200 thousand), and you think that means the rating is unlikely to change because by the time Spider-Man got to 19 million it had evened out lol?

When the TASM movies get near the same ballpark of votes as that then you can start to say they are on even footing. Assuming their votes have not tanked even lower, which is more likely considering TASM 2's has been dropping since it's release.

So Spider-Man with only 196388 votes is not on even footing with The TASM films with 811674, and 219167 votes? I have also looked at the audience scores for films like Ghost Rider, and The old Fantastic Four movies, and their scores have not changed much since they had similar numbers.

http://web.archive.org/web/20101023225130/http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spiderman/ Back when Spider-Man only had 196388 votes it's audience score was about the same.

You are wrong theinfernoman. Amazing Spider-Man used to be 4.2 back at two hundred thousand of votes, now at 3.9 at eight hundred thousand of votes.

http://web.archive.org/web/20120721080517/http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/

When it get to high millions of Raimi films it drop even lower I think. Amazing Spider-man 2 dropping from last year and it only be at two hundred thousand. Still has long way to go.

You are wrong theinfernoman. Amazing Spider-Man used to be 4.2 back at two hundred thousand of votes, now at 3.9 at eight hundred thousand of votes.

http://web.archive.org/web/20120721080517/http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/

When it get to high millions of Raimi films it drop even lower I think. Amazing Spider-man 2 dropping from last year and it only be at two hundred thousand. Still has long way to go.

Alright. I appreciate you taking the time to do that research. I will take this into consideration. :yay:

No point in arguing with you.

But i'm the one backing up my claim with evidence. If Joker had actually showed me some evidence like Doctor Octopus did I would have taken it into consideration, and possibly changed my mind. He's the one who seems very hard to argue with.

I didn't think I needed to provide any evidence to show the simple fact that you can't make a hypothesis that a movie with a few hundred thousand votes is comparable to what audiences want compared to a movie with millions of votes. The more the numbers the bigger the indication you have of who likes what. That's just simple math and common sense.

I'm sorry if you found it hard to argue with me. By and large I've actually enjoyed conversing with you. You're passionate about your views, even a bit stubborn on them, and I can relate to being like that lol. Now you have your evidence, albeit posted by someone else. But it shouldn't have been necessary to make this point.

I didn't think I needed to provide any evidence to show the simple fact that you can make a hypothesis that a movie with a few hundred thousand votes is comparable to what audiences want compared to a movie with millions of votes. The more the numbers the bigger the indication you have of who likes what. That's just simple math and common sense.

I'm sorry if you found it hard to argue with me. By and large I've actually enjoyed conversing with you. You're passionate about your views, even a bit stubborn on them, and I can relate to being like that lol. Now you have your evidence, albeit posted by someone else. But it shouldn't have been necessary to make this point.

I also enjoyed arguing with you actually. :yay: I understand that they are not comparable, but knowing that having a similar amount of votes, and the TASM films still being higher, and having knowledge that similar movies "that are largely considered worse" audience scores have not changed much from a few hundred thousand to millions of votes lends me to believe that the TASM film's audience scores won't change much. Now with the knowledge that TASM has actually dropped some since a few hundred thousand votes, it has turned into a wait and see for me.

I also enjoyed arguing with you actually. :yay:

Well thank you. I look forward to future discussions with you :yay:

I'm going to leave this on your wait and see note. I'm sure this type of discussion will crop up again in the future. If nothing else for when we're inevitably going to be measuring the new movie's score against the previous Spider-Man movies.

Well thank you. I look forward to future discussions with you :yay:

I'm going to leave this on your wait and see note. I'm sure this type of discussion will crop up again in the future. If nothing else for when we're inevitably going to be measuring the new movie's score against the previous Spider-Man movies.

Sounds good. :up:

Webbing because a spider bit him, and he has mostly spidey like abilities.
Costume: Exposition nerds.

You may like these ASM movies all you want,but it's so obvious that people didn't care for them and they are clearly not well-written movies,I give points only to the good cast they had; ASM is easily better than ASM2 but Raimi's first two movies are classics and that's not even debatable,Spider-Man 2 especially is still a milestone of the genre even after 11 years.

Also, have you noticed that the ASM saga died after two movies only,and Marvel had to rescue Sony AND the character from further damage? So much for people preferring them. ASM2 was a franchise-killer.

Oh,and I'd certainly trust Feige more than most people when talking about CBMs seeing what he accomplished in only 7 years.

As for the main topic I think there's an explanation to why Peter makes a MASK,not a suit: people see his face,he needs to cover it. Then...I guess he just wants to make a cool costume.

Why did Peter even make the costume and webbing?

Huh. You know, I never thought about that. I don't know what to say because I have no answer.

These TASM films are getting worse all the time.

The first one is a good movie, it had the potential to be the best, but lost it by making a number of faulty decisions, making the webshooters and the costume are not part of the errors they made making the movie.

For the sequel, everyone from studio heads to director made a pile of messy decisions, and prevented the movie from properly building on the good ideas in the first movie, and properly build upon the plots introduced in that film.

The first one is a good movie, it had the potential to be the best,

It really had. I think that if they'd gone with their original story focused on the mystery of Peter's parents disappearance, it could have been really interesting. Watch the trailers, they are incredibly misleading (and so are the trailers for TASM 2).

"You think what happened to you, Peter, was an accident?"

"If you want the truth about your parents, Peter, come get it."

All quotes from the trailer that were no where to be seen in the final cut. Shame, really.
And the part about his parents dying in a plane crash HAS to be something added into the movie during post. Peter spends the whole movie asking about where his parents are and why they left, but as soon as he looks them up on Bing they apparently died in a plane crash. Did he not know that before?

When he's talking to Ben before his death: "Where's my dad? He didn't think it was his responsibility to be here and tell me this himself?" Why would Peter ever say that he was aware of the fact that they died in a plane crash? Lol.

I think if they didn't just play it safe, and focused more on their disappearance and how it connects to Dr Connors, the spiders and all those things, the movie could have been amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"