Why I watch SV

Son of Sun

Civilian
Reaction score
It's become quite evident that people watch the show for very different reasons, or don't watch it but regardless takes interest in it.

I clearly fall into the second category. I'm a huge fan of unconventional TV, or rather, seeing it being done with somesorta seriousness and true effort. I like unique shows a lot. Of course, there's a hint of options 1 and 3, too, but I thought that I would line it into what people like the most about the show.

What's your excuse?

I put I'm a supes fan but only because it's the reason I started watching.

I kept watching and fell in the love with the show for a variety of reasons. The hotness is too pat an answer.

Yes, the actors and actresses are all good looking people but that isn't why I keep watching.

For me, it's like watching a mini-movie everyweek starring the best Clark Kent ever.

Yes, Tom is good looking and sexy as hell, but he's also very, very good at what he does. He's made Clark's journey more enjoyable than I think it would have been otherwise.

I can't see Jenson Ackles having had the same affect on me if he'd been cast instead of Tom.

Michael and Kristin are also enjoyable to watch and add to the show, but I would watch Tom read the phone book.

He's talented enough, he'd probably make it enjoyable.

I LOVE the show, warts and all.

If I didn't, I wouldn't spend the better part of each weekend reviewing the episodes.

I watch for two reasons, I like Superman and I like the show :up:

Because I'm a Superman fan but more importantly because this show and Tom Welling made me believe in Superman again.

I kept watching and fell in the love with the show for a variety of reasons. The hotness is too pat an answer.

Yes, the actors and actresses are all good looking people but that isn't why I keep watching.

For me, it's like watching a mini-movie everyweek starring the best Clark Kent ever.

Yes, Tom is good looking and sexy as hell, but he's also very, very good at what he does. He's made Clark's journey more enjoyable than I think it would have been otherwise.

I can't see Jenson Ackles having had the same affect on me if he'd been cast instead of Tom.

Michael and Kristin are also enjoyable to watch and add to the show, but I would watch Tom read the phone book.

If I didn't, I wouldn't spend the better part of each weekend reviewing the episodes.

What she said. :up:

I watch because it's a great show.

Can I just second most of what triplet said? :yay:

However, I didn't start watching because I was particularly into Superman... My boss was raving about the show and pointed out that the creators were big contributors to Spider-Man 2... which I LOVED.

I was home for a week recovering from surgery and rented Season One. That was it... I was hooked! Couldn't wait to go out and buy the rest.

Top of the reason list is probably Tom... Actually, the combination of Clark's endearing character and Tom's stunning good looks, literally takes my breath away at times...

But the show has many interesting, dimensional characters and intriguing story lines that each week gives you a beginning and end... and a ongoing drama that leaves you with the feeling that there is SO MUCH more to see.

Not to mention the beautiful photography (surreal, but you have to accept that this is fantasy), and music.

Oh yeah... The relationship of Clark with his parents was also a big hook for me too. I love the fact that the hero of the story is such a good person... good role models are hard to come by on TV. :yay:

Anyway... I can't really vote for any of those categories.

I watch just because nothing else is on at this point, however, after Lara I might stop watching again, can't stand how much the producers are screwing with the mythos. Some stuff is okay, but Lara and Kara visiting the Kent Farm via a portal (why didn't the entire House of El use this to get off Krypton). Lara and Zor-El may have be together at some point?!?! Were the producers trying to plant the seeds that Kara may actually be Clark's half sister, not cousin? Lara didn't mention Zor-El's wife and I haven't heard Kara mention her mother yet.

^^^ I dont think Kara is going to end up being Lara's daughter. From the conversation between Lara and Kara last night, it sounded like Lara had a hard time getting pregnant and that Clark was a miracle baby.

I watch just because nothing else is on at this point, however, after Lara I might stop watching again, can't stand how much the producers are screwing with the mythos. Some stuff is okay, but Lara and Kara visiting the Kent Farm via a portal (why didn't the entire House of El use this to get off Krypton).

you didnt pay attention last night apparently. rewatch the first 3 minutes of the episode

you didnt pay attention last night apparently. rewatch the first 3 minutes of the episode

Its amazing how many times that question is being asked. I guess they should have put it in BIG BLACK WRITING across the screen.

ALL THE PORTALS WERE CLOSED SO ZOD AND HIS MINIONS COULD NOT ESCAPE KRYPTON.

Also, Lara said that they'd used the last remaining portal to get there...

I don't think Kara is Lara's daughter for exactly the reason Avid gave: she'd had difficulty getting pregnant and Clark is her miracle baby.

Doesn't sound like she'd ever been pregnant before.

... I would watch Tom read the phone book.

Yes to all the above!:yay:

I'm not a Superman fanboy. I watch the show because in the end, it's a good wholesome tv show (compared to others out there). But I have definitely become more interested in Superman because of Smallville.

there should be an "other" option because I don't agree with the choices there.

Yehah, sorrry. KIDna realized that after posting, nbut couldn't edit the polls. Getting kinda ready to hit the bars here.

It was once because it was the coolest Superman adaption yet, it still is sometimes when the writers actually TRY to write. But what's funny is Smallville is a show about a journey of a young man becoming a superhero which made it slightly different from shows which the main character are already superheros. The show loses it's premise a lot of times but it can be great TV when it wants to be. Even after watching for 6 years now, Smallville is still one of the only decent superhero/comic adapted shows even it does have some poor inconsistentcies at times!:word:

i was never really a supes fan sadly to say. but, i just caught that show and started watching it and fell in love with the characters and just started watching Superman more and becoming more of a superman fan.

I watch because I love and care about these characters.

And yes, add me to the list of people that owe Tom a debt of thanks for bringing Superman back into my life.

1. The character of Superman is one of my favorite fictional characters. He's my favorite superhero.

2. I got hooked on the early seasons and I am invested in the stories of these characters. I have to see how it all plays out now.

3. Tom Welling is gorgeous.

4. I get frustrated with plotholes/character inconsistncies but I am always entertained.

5. And did I mention that Tom is GORGEOUS!!! :wow: :heart: :cwink:

I'm not a Superman fanboy. I watch the show because in the end, it's a good wholesome tv show (compared to others out there). But I have definitely become more interested in Superman because of Smallville.

i agree with this. i was never really a huge fan of superman, never read the comics. seeing the old reeve's movies kind got me into it, but just enough to make me like superman as a character. i got season 1 and 2 last year in december. after the first episode i was hooked. after finishing the first two seasons and about a week, i bought 3,4,5. after finishing five by the end of janurary i couldnt wait for the 6th to come on DVD. Now im watching season 7 on TV for the first time and im loving this season so far.smallville got me so interested in superman, i actually started researching every character related to sups., origins,myths, eveerything. i love smallville for many of the reasons evryone else put. except for the part because tom is hot...being a guy, thats not a huge eason:yay:

overall i just love all the storylines, the owers, his journey to superman. one thing i have a problem with is his flying ability. there are times when he jumps so far it looks like he's flying, but he cant. but i still love it.

GO SMALLVILLE!!:woot:

:super:

I watch cause where else are you going to see live action stuff that rivals certain 200 million dollar movies.

At first I watched it because it was a superhero show, I loved the first few seasons but after that it kind of went downhill for me and now I seem to just watch it out of habit.

I've stuck with it this long so I'll stick with it until its final season next year.

I voted because I'm a supes fan too... but I disagree with just about everything else posted above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"