Why is making a good Superman movie so hard?

I think one reason, is simply that the DC writers made the character so powerful. He doesn't have many weaknesses, aside from Kryptonite and magic. This can make him tough to relate to, and with movie adaptations that divide can easily be made worse.

I think one reason, is simply that the DC writers made the character so powerful. He doesn't have many weaknesses, aside from Kryptonite and magic. This can make him tough to relate to, and with movie adaptations that divide can easily be made worse.
I really don't get this... why is kryptonite & magic, combined with psychological weaknesses, threats to loved ones/identity etc, not enough?

No Superheroes powers are relatable. Spider-Mans powers aren't relatable either. We relate to the struggles of the person wielding the power.

I really don't get this... why is kryptonite & magic, combined with psychological weaknesses, threats to loved ones/identity etc, not enough?

No Superheroes powers are relatable. Spider-Mans powers aren't relatable either. We relate to the struggles of the person wielding the power.
Agreed. I don’t think that the “Superman is over powered” argument holds any weight whatsoever. It’s the fact that he is so overpowered and yet still relatable to people that makes him so amazing.

And you shouldn’t lay this at the feet of “the writers at DC” because his power is what the character is.

Besides, the comics writers at DC aren’t the ones getting the character wrong.

Earlier this year, PKJ gave us one of the most prototypical Superman moments I’ve ever seen in his Action Comics run, and it has nothing to do with his powers:

1711585012770.jpeg
Seriously, you want to tell me that this character, as written, is not relatable?

I am also in the camp that the "superman is op" holds no weight. In all honesty, it shows how little someone actually knows about the character and the DCU. Clark isn't even the most powerful character in the DCU. I don't need Clark Kent to be relatable or nerfed I need him to be the symbol of hope and an example of what we can be if we put all our petty bull**** behind us. I need him to be The Man of Tomorrow without creative compromise from professional edgelords.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"