Sequels Why not have Spidey lose?

Did you not think Spidey 3 ended with enough sorrow. Jesus, I'd just like them to sh** or get off the pot. Let's not have them sit on the fence anymore and show the beast for what it really is. If Spidey is a popcorn franchise, then let's have a bit of good feeling in it, please. I'm so sick of the downtrodden storyline - I'm not saying don't give Pete/Spidey problems, but lets just have a lil spark in the next one eh?

Agreed, his best friend died, he broke up with his girlfriend/fiance, Sandman the guy who killed his uncle is still running around the city and even though he didn't like Brock he couldn't save him. Spidey may not of physically lost but he sure seemed to of emotionally.

He did not even try to save Brock, very slow in getting to him

That's what I have always said. These movies cater so much to kids, that you can never really bring these films to the level of quality that they deserve, not even with a really good or great writer. Why, because when you cater to kids one's writing is limited? This in turn takes effects on the hero, the villain(s), fight scenes, action sequences, stories and characters. Thus, is why I want an R-rated Spider-Man. Under the PG-13 rating, you're going to get more of the same, because Marvel/Sony put product placements, toys/merchandising, playing it safe for kids and soccer moms first.

I love this idea, but it will never happen. It's too original, and Sony/Marvel couldn't cope for one moment leaving their precious Spider-Man beaten at the end of a movie, even though it would bring a lot of curiosity to the next film.

Unfortunately, no writer is allowed to think outside the box with these current PG-13 comic book films being made. They like their sh:t generic and kid friendly, it makes me sick. :dry:
:up:

That's what I have always said. These movies cater so much to kids, that you can never really bring these films to the level of quality that they deserve, not even with a really good or great writer. Why, because when you cater to kids one's writing is limited? This in turn takes effects on the hero, the villain(s), fight scenes, action sequences, stories and characters. Thus, is why I want an R-rated Spider-Man. Under the PG-13 rating, you're going to get more of the same, because Marvel/Sony put product placements, toys/merchandising, playing it safe for kids and soccer moms first.

I love this idea, but it will never happen. It's too original, and Sony/Marvel couldn't cope for one moment leaving their precious Spider-Man beaten at the end of a movie, even though it would bring a lot of curiosity to the next film.

Unfortunately, no writer is allowed to think outside the box with these current PG-13 comic book films being made. They like their sh:t generic and kid friendly, it makes me sick. :dry:

Are you seriously saying that a film catered to kids can't be a great film? What Spider Man comics have you read that aren't catered to kids?

With all due respect the character, as ppl have pointed out, has been through enough tragedy in all three films in that the overall (partial) theme is that whatever he does right (by being responsible) won't guarantee a happier ending/emotionally easier time for him. He wins but loses at the same time is more thought provoking than having him lose at the end because you feel it's more 'daring'.

I'm sorry to say this but the selfishness of fanboys to want sabotage the stuff they like (particularly when that stuff has always been aimed primarily at children despite their reciting of 'dark' storylines) is continually mind-boggling.

Going darker will not automatically make the film better because as a long time reader of Spider Man outside Gwen Stacey, IMO, whenever the comic(s) have tried darker storylines (particularly under Joe' no Marvel hero shall be happy ever' Quesada) they've been awful (Gwen sleeping with Norman Osborn etc). If, once again IMO, they barely worked without controvesry from the fanbase who got into the character because well.....he's supposed to be a hero what the heck are the moviegoing audience who go to summer movies to get away from the real world supposed to think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"