Why So Serious? Needs YOU

Harlekin

Business
Reaction score
posterur9.jpg

The 'Why So Serious? Gotham Noir' RPG needs you!

Nice graphic, Harl. I'll approve you ASAP Cats. But please, people. This is a good RPG don't let it die. If you don't post an app...

SomethingIsAmiss.jpg

"I'll **** you up."

Bump.

C'mon people, or I'll start to get mad :cmad:

I don't know. The only character I'd play at this point is Huntress and I play her in Ultimate DC. Or Zatanna but she's not really Gotham or appropriate for the concept. And Byrd says no Robin yet so he's out.

Well, if you like the Huntress, why not play somebody like the Black Canary?

Well, if you like the Huntress, why not play somebody like the Black Canary?
I don't really know as much about Canary, not to mention I think twy said she might pick her up if she becomes interested in the game. I don't want to rob her of that...

Well, as it is, nobody's interested in the game, so that doesn't really matter.

So who's open to play? I'd be glad to help out; plus, I need to get involved in a DC RPG anyway.

If you guys really need players, I could play a certain emerald guest star...
A. One guest star at a time, and - as it is - a certain mild-mannered reporter is in town.

B. You need to be active as a character for at least a month to be eligible for guest stars.

A. One guest star at a time, and - as it is - a certain mild-mannered reporter is in town.

B. You need to be active as a character for at least a month to be eligible for guest stars.

But if you guys need players, then these rules kinda hinder that. I don't wanna have to be stuck playing a character I don't want just to play one I do want.

But if you guys need players, then these rules kinda hinder that. I don't wanna have to be stuck playing a character I don't want just to play one I do want.
Well, playing a guest star is a privilege. Maybe you should have just joined up - instead of waiting for your chance to play a one-shot character.

EDIT: Furthermore, after a month, guest stars are out of there. How the Hell does that help us? One month of steady posting? Puh-lease. :o

Although I see why you guys have those rules and I agree that they shouldn't be more than a one shot character, it is kind of weird to beg for activity and then hinder the choices to choose from. Maybe people can play a guest star without having to be in the game a month? If you open the door, people might see how well written the RPG is and pick up a steady character. You're kind of shooting yourself in the foot.

Although I see why you guys have those rules and I agree that they shouldn't be more than a one shot character, it is kind of weird to beg for activity and then hinder the choices to choose from. Maybe people can play a guest star without having to be in the game a month? If you open the door, people might see how well written the RPG is and pick up a steady character. You're kind of shooting yourself in the foot.
The purpose of the RPG is to highlight GOTHAM. If we let Guest Stars run about unhindered, soon it's just going to become a full-blown DC RPG.

There are plenty of other characters that are acceptable to play. You have to earn the right to play someone like Clark Kent, Oliver Queen, what-have-you.

I agree. Maybe playing Ollie Queen for a month would inspire me to play Canary as Harl suggested, or maybe inspire me to play Deathstroke for the long haul. Thing is I won't get the chance to paint with out a canvas first.

There's plenty of canvas - don't give me that bulls***. The reason that a Gotham RPG works is because the Batman family (and everything related to it) is so extensive that we don't need Superman, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman.

Out of interest, could you have The Question active in WSS? Just cos he fits in so well with the setting.

Would Slade fit the quota? I think I might be interested in playing him for a while.

The purpose of the RPG is to highlight GOTHAM. If we let Guest Stars run about unhindered, soon it's just going to become a full-blown DC RPG.

There are plenty of other characters that are acceptable to play. You have to earn the right to play someone like Clark Kent, Oliver Queen, what-have-you.

I know, see, and understand that. I think though that once all the good characters are taken, activity will dwindle and since it is essentially, no offense, a modified Begins universe, most of the characters that people want to play are taken. And by being a Gotham RPG, it is also, essentially, a Batman RPG, which is kind of against the rules. I think if you open it up more with custom detectives/characters or something like that, you will get more activity.

I know, see, and understand that. I think though that once all the good characters are taken, activity will dwindle and since it is essentially, no offense, a modified Begins universe, most of the characters that people want to play are taken. And by being a Gotham RPG, it is also, essentially, a Batman RPG, which is kind of against the rules. I think if you open it up more with custom detectives/characters or something like that, you will get more activity.

Now there's an idea.:up:

I agree. Maybe playing Ollie Queen for a month would inspire me to play Canary as Harl suggested, or maybe inspire me to play Deathstroke for the long haul. Thing is I won't get the chance to paint with out a canvas first.
Deathstroke is not a Gotham resident.

I'd say yes to that too. You don't need to limit yourself. We only extend a little influence when it comes to A) powered characters and B) the A-Listers. Any street-level character is allowed in this RPG. We've already brought the Vigilante over to Gotham, and the same can be done with somebody like the Question.

Heck, if you get a little creative, there's so many possibilities, like say, a powerless Jefferson Pierce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"