why was Hulk so weak?

i just picked this up and have watched it twice, 3 times counting the theatre, and one thing that struck me is that he never does anything(aside from throwing the tank really really far) strength wise that spider-man can't do. i mean that big ball when he first hulks out, he had so much trouble lifting it, he eventually chucked it pretty far, but spidey should be able to do that. twisting the tanks nozzle or ripping the top of the tank off are things spidey should be able to do. but like this stuff should be childs play for the hulk. he never did anything really impressive strength wise, especially nothing that would make him look like he can trade blows with supes.

I'm Sorry but i obviously think you don't have that great an understanding of spidey and his range if you think he can rip a tank in half.

Throwing the gamma equipment out of the lab wasn't a feat of strength, he did it to destroy it.

Also it is somewhat unfair for you to compare this film to films that have been made afterwards that have upped the stakes

up till the hulk, it showed his strength was in superman's range compared to what superman has been shown doing. Now superman returns he upped teh anti by lifting an island and throwing it into space during duress. The same analogy can be made about his cornfield jumping range in comparison to the hulk's (which could feasibly be just as long as well, probably not from a standing start though).

How can you expect a film to adapt to a scenario that occurs after you finish production....

same goes for the thing's feat of lifting up the london eye. The fact of the matter is that the hulk never really tested the limits of his stength during that film and accomplished all of his tasks with relative ease. Even this feat was accomplished with the help of two other members of the fantastic four team so it wasn't idly done.

at the time the hulk was made, in comparison to the feats shown by the other movie characters of marvel and dc, the hulk was up there with reeves' superman, as he should be as one of the stongest.

however since then, superman has completely outclassed him by a 'out there' plot device and the thing has also shown his top limits to be london eye pressing. That's not a fault of ang lee.

I don't even knwo why such a complaint is being made...

actually that feat belongs to lil hercules...
i'm also fairly sure body builders of today in his weight category would trounce him

is that the ten year old kid that had six packs and crazy stuff like that?...

Bruce sure as hel wasnt weak and thats just him, NOIR was saying Hulk was weak cause an asian played him, i was just using Bruce as an example that he's wrong.

I'm Sorry but i obviously think you don't have that great an understanding of spidey and his range if you think he can rip a tank in half.
I don't care whats being said about the Hulk here, but Spidey -can- Rip a tank in half. He can lift it. Toss it around. Put holes in it. Rip the gun off, so on and so forth. He's just never been presented in a situation where he's had to.

saw a show about the guy, they had experts say so... plus, Hulk being played by an asian doesnt make him weak.
"Experts"? Oh you mean the American people who studied martial arts claim they were the experts on the subject rather than the people who fathered Bruce Lee's Style ? Oh, Right. :whatever:

"Experts"? Oh you mean the American people who studied martial arts claim they were the experts on the subject rather than the people who fathered Bruce Lee's Style ? Oh, Right. :whatever:
lol..good one, thats what they said and i was showing NOIR his point that Hulk was played by and Asian, hence making him weaker was wrong. But please, lets talk about how Spidey can all these great things but he was never given the chance. Hulk can move planets with his fart but he was never given the chance :up:

is that the ten year old kid that had six packs and crazy stuff like that?...

Bruce sure as hel wasnt weak and thats just him, NOIR was saying Hulk was weak cause an asian played him, i was just using Bruce as an example that he's wrong.
yah the lil kid

alright, i see where you're coming from...

I don't care whats being said about the Hulk here, but Spidey -can- Rip a tank in half. He can lift it. Toss it around. Put holes in it. Rip the gun off, so on and so forth. He's just never been presented in a situation where he's had to.
your views are founded on nothing...

I could say spidey could also run faster than quicksilver but he's never been presented with a situation where he's had to do so...

it's kinda bull to be polite...

yeah the lil kid
wasnt it said that the kids father gave him some kinda steroid?... i saw a documentary about the kid and after the father left the scene, the kid was struggling to get the muscles back

I think i watched the same one, i'm not sure whether it was proved in the documentary but his parents had certainly split up and i don't think his mother is as motivating to get her son into shape or not.

either way i think he's been giving the chance to be more 'normal' so to speak.

I think i watched the same one, i'm not sure whether it was proved in the documentary but his parents had certainly split up and i don't think his mother is as motivating to get her son into shape or not.

either way i think he's been giving the chance to be more 'normal' so to speak.
yeah, it was never proved that the father was giving him anything illegal but his father was giving him some special protein drink which he isnt getting now, anywho, his mother isnt like his father and yeah, she is letting him live a normal life

NR, hate to argue with you but you do realise the Reeve Superman lifted the San Andreas fault which was trounces anything the Hulk did.

One thing to note is that he seemed to have problems with the gamma sphere because he could not get a hand hold of it. It had nothing to do with its weight which is 14 tons.

I thought that he showed he was strong enough in that movie

NR, hate to argue with you but you do realise the Reeve Superman lifted the San Andreas fault which was trounces anything the Hulk did.

Probably the greatest feat of strength in any movie, ever.

Didn't supes technically do that in stages rather than the whole thing at once?

the clarity and speed of the shot, not to mention the emphasis put on it doesn't put it in potential glory that it should be in.

I'd need to rewatch the scene to clarify myself with it.

does anyone know a youtube link i could get it from?

which superman movie was that scene in?..2?

isn't it the first one when they are dealing with earthquakes on faultlines...?

[YT]n9ZoMC7gNrI[/YT]

is that the one?

no problem...

still think the old superman movie is overrated

That itself looked more like a...indication of durability more than strength itself.

but i guess if that iws what it was supposed to show i cant argue with it.

The one thing the old Superman movie made no sense about was him taking so much time to catch one of the missles and then literally take less then 5 seconds to get to california not to mention circling the globe in less then a second (when he turned back time).

suspense, remainding effects of kryptonite exposure and motivation are the only reasons that perhaps come to mind.

suspense, remainding effects of kryptonite exposure and motivation are the only reasons that perhaps come to mind.

The only one I am buying is the suspense factor given there did not seem to be any remaining effects of the Kryptonite.

Anyway, the movie was what it was which was great for its time.

Hulk busted out of a thick tank and through some walls and ceilings in the film. Spidey couldn't do that.

i knew someone was going to say something like that:oldrazz: but seriously the Thing looked as strong or stronger in FF and in FF2 he looks way stronger, holding up the London Eye and all
anyway spidey should be able to tear the top off a tank, spideys in the like 20-30 ton range now since he grew up and got some powerups to boot.

i thought spider-man's range of strength was more towards 50 tons.

i just picked this up and have watched it twice, 3 times counting the theatre, and one thing that struck me is that he never does anything(aside from throwing the tank really really far) strength wise that spider-man can't do. i mean that big ball when he first hulks out, he had so much trouble lifting it, he eventually chucked it pretty far, but spidey should be able to do that. twisting the tanks nozzle or ripping the top of the tank off are things spidey should be able to do. but like this stuff should be childs play for the hulk. he never did anything really impressive strength wise, especially nothing that would make him look like he can trade blows with supes.

What're you babbling on about? Wait, wait, I guess Spidey can swing tanks around & get up from being shot down by tanks. :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"