Wii Controller Has To Be Aimed At The Console, Not The T.v. ?!

ampersand said:
The gamecube controllers work with Wii plus there is a Wii controller used for Virtual Console games.

the gamecube controllers dont work with the wii. it only works for the backwards compatibility and maybe smash bros.(no final word on that yet). wii games built for the wii wont use the GC controllers.

GoldenAgeHero said:
ampersand is correct. the wii does have a sensor bar, so you can actually point at the tv. i expected people like thwip to research this. since this has been posted at ign,gamestop and many other gaming sites.
But then we wouldn't have this totally rockin' thread! You can have your facts, mister, I'll take another thread any day of the week!

GoldenAgeHero said:
the gamecube controllers dont work with the wii. it only works for the backwards compatibility and maybe smash bros.(no final word on that yet). wii games built for the wii wont use the GC controllers.

The creator of Smash Bros has already stated that Gamecube controllers will WORK for Smash Bros. Brawl.

I honestly think people are making a big deal out of nothing, why? This is for RED STEEL! This is NOT for any other Wii game, and perhaps that's how Ubisoft designed it, they even said AT E3 that they still need to fix some thing's before launch.

There has been no complaints from anyone on any site that played the Wii at E3...so why get your panties up in a twist. If you had to aim the Wiimote at the Wii on every game we would have heard about it by now. There's enough playable demo's out there that someone would have said something. Another example is Wii sports, you obviously don't have to aim the wiimote at the Wii with that game, or Zelda, or Mario, or...you get my point.

This isn't a problem.

GoldenAgeHero said:

Well, plugging into Wii and being used to play games can be classified as "working with" :p

Is that even real? Every demo we've seen, the people are pointing it at the TV.

Spidey-Bat said:
Is that even real? Every demo we've seen, the people are pointing it at the TV.

lol, so gullible.

It makes no sense to me. The wavebird doesnt have to be pointed directly at the console. And all it does is send the signal the sensors give out to the onsole.

B.U.M. said:
It makes no sense to me. The wavebird doesnt have to be pointed directly at the console. And all it does is send the signal the sensors give out to the onsole.
Did you even read the thread? GoldenAgeHero and I debunked it, you will use the remote to point at the TV, not the console.

And also, you think Nintendo would make such a stupid mistake? Pointing the remote at the console is a big deal. Plus, Nintendo wants to be EVERYONES second console and with 360 and PS3 supporting HD they know that a lot of their customers would have nice home theatre setups. They know that not everyone can put their Wii in a position where they can still point it at the TV. Nintendo has been around for a long time, they're not stupid.

Plus, pointing the remote at the console would take away all the fun from the Wii. Point and shoot games wouldn't be as fun. All I'm saying is that Nintendo isn't stupid enough to ruin their best feature.

DEBUNKED!

Haha, Thwip never tries to miss a chance. Calm down folks... this has been strictly Ubi-Softs (well, Red Steel's) issue since day one. The controller has a setting at the beginning of booting up the wii that allows you to adjust the sensor to your specific TV arrangement... so when you get started out of the box, it goes through a series of tests to see where your Wii is in relation to your TV... therefore making it appear like you're aiming at your TV when in reality you are aiming at your wii... just not directly.

Think about it... this isn't hard to implement. The only thing it requires is for you not to move your wii or else you'll have to reconfigure your controller. Twilight Princess specifically showed the aiming at the TV through their bow and arrow segments, and it worked like a charm... everyone said so. I did notice that Ubi-Soft didn't adopt this yet, but keep in mind the game still has some developing yet to do. It could be that they purposefully chose to configure the controller for whatever reason (because configuring the controller is something you do with the wii... not each individual game).

Sorry Kevin, your one moment in the sun to bash Nintendo since E3 hits a brick wall. You'll have to go back to the drawing boards there Gates-licker... and take WHF with you. :o :o :o

:)

Just to note the simplicity of this, it was described like this: if you never configured your controller, it'd be like holding the control stick on your N64 or GC controller askew as the system booted up to create confusion in the controllers direction awareness. The center is off.

Once the direction on the wiimote is set, it's saved. Simple.

B.U.M. said:
That within itself doesn't mean much, as the wavebird isn't meant to be interactive with the TV... it's merely wireless. But there's no way a controller that's meant to be interactive with your home system would work with your wii and not your TV. That couldn't be more stupid.

This thread =
hugepelican.jpg

Killa Pooh Bear said:
DEBUNKED!

Haha, Thwip never tries to miss a chance. Calm down folks... this has been strictly Ubi-Softs (well, Red Steel's) issue since day one. The controller has a setting at the beginning of booting up the wii that allows you to adjust the sensor to your specific TV arrangement... so when you get started out of the box, it goes through a series of tests to see where your Wii is in relation to your TV... therefore making it appear like you're aiming at your TV when in reality you are aiming at your wii... just not directly.

Think about it... this isn't hard to implement. The only thing it requires is for you not to move your wii or else you'll have to reconfigure your controller. Twilight Princess specifically showed the aiming at the TV through their bow and arrow segments, and it worked like a charm... everyone said so. I did notice that Ubi-Soft didn't adopt this yet, but keep in mind the game still has some developing yet to do. It could be that they purposefully chose to configure the controller for whatever reason (because configuring the controller is something you do with the wii... not each individual game).

Sorry Kevin, your one moment in the sun to bash Nintendo since E3 hits a brick wall. You'll have to go back to the drawing boards there Gates-licker... and take WHF with you. :o :o

:)

LOL.......HEY, DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER, I WAS OPERATING ON FALSE INFORMATION. IF IT WERE TRUE......AS I INITIALLY THOUGHT........IT WOULD'VE DEFINITELY PISSED ALOT OF PEOPLE OFF. I'M GLAD IT'S NOT THOUGH, BECAUSE 'GAMMY'S GONNA BUY ME A 'WII', SINCE I'M TOO STUBBORN TO BLOW THE $$ ON ONE MYSELF. :D

BTW......DON'T USE MY NAME LIKE THAT IN THE FUTURE.........I DON'T WANT ANYONE THINKING WE'RE "BUDDIES". :down:mad:

:p

THWIP* said:
LOL.......HEY, DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER, I WAS OPERATING ON FALSE INFORMATION. IF IT WERE TRUE......AS I INITIALLY THOUGHT........IT WOULD'VE DEFINITELY PISSED ALOT OF PEOPLE OFF. I'M GLAD IT'S NOT THOUGH, BECAUSE 'GAMMY'S GONNA BUY ME A 'WII', SINCE I'M TOO STUBBORN TO BLOW THE $$ ON ONE MYSELF. :D

BTW......DON'T USE MY NAME LIKE THAT IN THE FUTURE.........I DON'T WANT ANYONE THINKING WE'RE "BUDDIES". :down:mad:

:up: :up:

THWIP* said:

Well in fairness, I call everyone Kevin in the hopes that 1 out of 332 times I'll be right. :(

Plus it reminds me of Friends where that guy in the Milkformercial kept calling Joey "Kevin". That's right, Kevin!

Killa Pooh Bear said:
Uh, I'm anti-wii too. I'm gonna be needing you to buy me a wii as well. :confused:

NICE TRY, KIPPER. ;)

BESIDES, I HEARD YOU LIKE WIIS, OF ALL SHAPES,COLORS AND SIZES. :O

Killa Pooh Bear said:
Well in fairness, I call everyone Kevin in the hopes that 1 out of 332 times I'll be right. :(

Plus it reminds me of Friends where that guy in the Milkformercial kept calling Joey "Kevin". That's right, Kevin!

WELL, I TOLD YOU MY NAME A LONG TIME AGO, SO IT WAS LIKELY STILL FLOATING AROUND IN THE RECESSES OF YOUR DEMENTED MIND, AND YOU JUST THOUGHT IT WAS RANDOM. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"