WiiU - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, they actually made that rainbow road alright, looks like a beast. very excited for Ice Ice outpost, hyrule, dragon driftway and mute city

A lot of people seem to be hating on this inclusion of Rainbow Road since we have two here already, and they apparently went with the SNES one in MK7. I didn't play MK7, so that doesn't bother me. And we get five new tracks (and I never played the Wii game, so that Wario one is new to me), so I don't care so much.

A lot of people seem to be hating on this inclusion of Rainbow Road since we have two here already, and they apparently went with the SNES one in MK7. I didn't play MK7, so that doesn't bother me. And we get five new tracks (and I never played the Wii game, so that Wario one is new to me), so I don't care so much.

the 3 Rainbow Roads we have are all vastly different which is a good thing. The Rainbow Roads from Gamecube and Wii arn't that different than what we already have.. so I can see why they chose SNES one. Which, i think works. It looks rough.

the screen shots and videos i just looked up of it look great. As do Ice Ice outpost, dragon drift way, and Hyrule. gorgeous tracks

If I wrote a book on Nintendo I'd call it a history of waiting. I'm crazy excited for the DLC though. Tomorrow is gonna be a MK day, for sure.

It's been quite awhile since I've played MK8, but yeah, definitely going to at least go through the Hyrule circuit tomorrow after work. Need to get readjusted.

It's not just the tracks playing differently, it's having 3 tracks with an almost identical aesthetic. I feel like it's a lazy inclusion, especially when we already have 2. It was actually the last thing I ever wanted for a remake in this game, because we already have 2.

Oh well...

It's not just the tracks playing differently, it's having 3 tracks with an almost identical aesthetic. I feel like it's a lazy inclusion, especially when we already have 2. It was actually the last thing I ever wanted for a remake in this game, because we already have 2.

Oh well...

to be fair... MK8 and N64 are vastly vastly different tracks, and have completely different Aesthetics...

N64 and SNES RR, look most similar. But I gotta admit, they look great, they did well with the SNES one imo. it looks rough

It is sort of lazy, since they probably had a lot of the assets from the two already in the game, but at the same time, we are getting more new tracks than retro, so I think that's cool. Although, saying that, I'm sure the new Ice track was built on assets from the current one in the game (forget the name, just that it was a GCN remake that I only vaguely remembered from Double Dash).

Rainbow Road N64 is my favorite track, so another doesn't bug me. I can't ****ing stand the MK8 version of Rainbow Road though. **** that ****.

Yeah, I didn't like MK8's Rainbow Road either. It was pretty annoying.

I consider myself pretty good at MK, but every time I play the new Rainbow Road online, I fall off. Every single time.

Every time I play on it, period, all I do is fall off. Online or offline.

I love Mario Kart 8's Rainbow Road. But then again, I usually win.

4H1DK3K.jpg

I thought MK8s Rainbow Road was ok. The hardest track I think is Dry Bone Valley. That track gives me trouble every time.

Really? I thought Dry Bone was a pretty straightforward one, Rainbow Road is just to all over the place for me.

It's hard to keep a flow on it, because of all the quicksand, and some of the corners are very narrow for drifting. You get penalized on that track more than any in the game, IMO.

Can't say I've ever had much trouble on that one.

But anyway, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is apparently coming out February 13th, according to a NOA facebook post.

I'm gonna have to get an external hard drive within the next couple weeks for all these games and DLC.

Can't say I've ever had much trouble on that one.

But anyway, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is apparently coming out February 13th, according to a NOA facebook post.

Feb 13th? That's pretty soon. I was assuming it'd be a summer release for some reason. Have they said if there's any January releases?

It's hard to keep a flow on it, because of all the quicksand, and some of the corners are very narrow for drifting. You get penalized on that track more than any in the game, IMO.

Yeah, that's my issue as well. There's one turn in particular that's never not a pain in the ass for me.

Maybe it has something to do with weight. Which characters do you guys typically use?

Some tracks are just all about knowing the turns before hand. I start turning and drifting way early to get out of falling

Almost missed this

Nintendo: Pre-orders of Super Smash Bros. surpass Mario Kart 8 Massively

(15 hours ago) 25

amiibo.jpg
Super Smash Bros. pre-orders are at a record high for Wii U, eclipsing those of summer hit Mario Kart 8. In a Bloomberg interview, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime said his company expects Smash to give the console a sales boost similar to the one provided by Mario Kart 8. In last month's financial results, Nintendo revealed the racer is at close to 3.5 million sales, with Wii U shipments up to 7.29 million worldwide.

"The launch of Mario Kart 8 has essentially doubled our Wii U sales year-on-year," Fils-Aime said. "Our expectation is that the sell-through for Smash is going to be very strong, certainly on par with what we saw with Mario Kart 8. We think the impact on hardware will be similarly dramatic."
Super Smash Bros. (Amiibo Figures)

Continue Reading

via: Massively
source: Bloomberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members