The Avengers Will Avengers do better than Wolverine?

@ Thebumwhowalks

Dude, no disrespect meant and this is not a flame. But seriously, you need a system upgrade; you're like an uninteresting and unfunny version of Sheldon from BigBangTheory.

Next, SR was boring! It's a decent movie but it's boring. THOR had much better action scenes despite your perceptions. Right now Supes is E-mailing THOR wanting to know how to throw a punch so his next movie doesn't suck.

Also THOR's character development scenes were far, far better than SR. And I echo the sentiment already stated; a movie is more than it's action scenes.

Next, get over it; the majority of THOR fans both devoted and casual were very happy with the movie. MOVE ON! More THOR fans were happy with THOR than Supes fans were happy with SR, or X-MEN fans were happy with XMO:W.

Finally I see that you are very happy to throw around 40-50 million dollars that isn't yours. That's most magnanimous of you. A $150 million dollar budget on a 2nd to 3rd tier character with a complete unknown in the lead was already a tremendous risk! So much so that a financial magazine ran a cover story on it. So we apologise (not) that they didn't spend enough to cater to your Superman envy needs but c'est la vie.

Ah i misunderstood. My bad. Action scenes make me thing of fighting scenes. There werent really any in SR

Aye, I was just talking about general action scenes with the superpowers in action. Folk did complain about the action in SR afterwards, but none , that i could see, complained about the lack of action in Thor. I just found that curious.
sure, they wanted to see Supes punch something , haha, get into a tussle with another superpowered entity of some sort, and i understand that, but there was a lot of action in the film, even if it was not always creatively successful, but the ambition was there.

@ Thebumwhowalks

Dude, no disrespect meant and this is not a flame. But seriously, you need a system upgrade; you're like an uninteresting and unfunny version of Sheldon from BigBangTheory.

mate, the irony of this observation is off the charts.

and i already covered my personal p.o.v. on everything you talked about, not that I would wish to engage you in conversation anyway, given that you did open the post with flaming.

edit: repeating myself, but Iron-Man 1 was ambitious, and he was a 'second or third tier character', right? That's why Favereu walked, they scaled back the ambition of the films after that, so he couldn't make the IM2 film he deserved to make, after pulling in massive numbers with IM1.
they were so careful and adverse to taking any risks that they ended up with unambitious films, cause they were worried about the Avengers budget.
btw, there are plenty of films made with original characters, who have no fan base at all, that are more ambitious than Thor.
and i have no type of envy going on pal, i want *all* the superhero movies to be great, I don't give a crap who the character is, what the comicbook company is, i don't buy into all that nonsense of being in a certain camp of fans, who want to see another rival character do badly.

Last edited:
this is not a flame. But seriously, you need a system upgrade
ouch!
You know, that sounded very much like a flame in my head.

of course, that could just be me.

Also: how could ANY version of Sheldor NOT be funny?:wow:

It won't make TDK numbers, but it will make a billion worldwide.

ouch!
You know, that sounded very much like a flame in my head.

of course, that could just be me.

Also: how could ANY version of Sheldor NOT be funny?:wow:

A little ribbing is not a flame.

I do have to say that I find guys like this tiring with their repeated tirades against MCU movies.

but that was the point of the Destroyer fight being brief: To show how powerful Thor really is. And why should he hold back and risk to loose time if he knows that he has to go to Asgard as soon as possible to fight his brother?

It could have still shown how powerful he was. But the Destroyer is supposed to be one of the most formidable opponents Thor has. In the film it was... well, nothing to him really. It was boring and underwhelming. There was no sense of threat, therefore no tension, therefore a bad action scene.

A little ribbing is not a flame.

I do have to say that I find guys like this tiring with their repeated tirades against MCU movies.

Nah, it was a flat out flaming mate, I don't care though. You were obviously trying to get me to lose my temper to get me an infraction. I suspect the sarcasm and insulting manner directed at me by th eother posters on the previous page was along those lines of intention too.
and I hardly ever talk about the Marvel studio movies, I think I expressed this exact opinion once before, y'know, i only saw Cap America for the first time this week, so it was the first time i could talk about their releases as a whole, freedom of speech buddy.

It won't make TDK numbers, but it will make a billion worldwide.

But a billion worldwide would be TDK numbers.

It could have still shown how powerful he was. But the Destroyer is supposed to be one of the most formidable opponents Thor has. In the film it was... well, nothing to him really. It was boring and underwhelming. There was no sense of threat, therefore no tension, therefore a bad action scene.

Eh I've gotten past that now, besides I'm glad they went with Thor pulling out the big guns to end the Destroyer quickly rather than mindlessly bash him over the head with Mjolnir repeatedly to no avail.

I enjoy seeing Thor portrayed as more of a thinking warrior than just a strong guy who can swing a hammer really well, I hate how in A:EMH he just blindy flies toward their enemies with Mjolnir raised (only to be blasted away).

Last edited:
You were obviously trying to get me to lose my temper to get me an infraction. I suspect the sarcasm and insulting manner directed at me by th eother posters on the previous page was along those lines of intention too.
Nope, didn't intent that at all. sorry if you felt insulted. but seriously, if you found that too sarcastic you should never meet me IRL, because I was holding back my sarcasm as best as I could.

Nope, didn't intent that at all. sorry if you felt insulted. but seriously, if you found that too sarcastic you should never meet me IRL, because I was holding back my sarcasm as best as I could.

So, will we patent the new unit to measure comic book movies? We should call it 'supes', similarly to 'hercs' from the incredible hulk comics (used to measure mystical power). :)

So, will we patent the new unit to measure comic book movies? We should call it 'supes', similarly to 'hercs' from the incredible hulk comics (used to measure mystical power). :)
yesssss!!
I absolutely love it
(btw, that's the reason why I used it all the time, thebumwhowalks, because I love that measurement, not to make fun of you)
so, where is the place here at the Hype to patent it?

yesssss!!
I absolutely love it
(btw, that's the reason why I used it all the time, thebumwhowalks, because I love that measurement, not to make fun of you)
so, where is the place here at the Hype to patent it?

I believe that when you put it in your sig it becomes automatically patented.:cool:

Somehow, I am confident that you would not get the better of me in this regard, in real life. :oldrazz:
A few people have been baiting me as they know I am an infraction or two away from a probo-ban, or, y'know, they could just decide to ban me completely, so I am very suspicious of any uncalled for goading, and with good reason.
So, of course it would be foolish of me to unleash my powers of sarcasm on the boards, as I wish to avoid such little traps laid by posters.

Somehow, I am confident that you would not get the better of me in this regard, in real life. :oldrazz:
A few people have been baiting me as they know I am an infraction or two away from a probo-ban, or, y'know, they could just decide to ban me completely, so I am very suspicious of any uncalled for goading, and with good reason.
So, of course it would be foolish of me to unleash my powers of sarcasm on the boards, as I wish to avoid such little traps laid by posters.

And why are you close to probo ban??

All three times I have recieved an infraction, I was insulted by the posters I replied to, in other words, they deliberately set out to provoke me. But, of course, they provoked me in such a way as to skirt the rules, such as folk are doing now in the 'Dick of the year' award thread.
and even then, one of those times i got an infraction, all i did was call out the person on something they were doing that was wrong and unfair in regards to other posters, but i was accused of trying to start a fight by a mod and infractoided. and they pretty much conceded that when i went back into the thread the next day, but i still have that infraction.

I'd say i only deserved one of those infractions, and that was when i lost the rag at a person after being wound up and provoked by quite a few people in the same way that day, i was sick and it was last hting at night, so y'know, it happens. I deserved it cause i lost the plot and ranted too much, but the guy who provoked me did something far worse, he knew i was sick and tired, and deliberately tried to wind me up so i lost sleep that night, cause i said i was just on my way to bed.

Anyway, I don't mind a bit of sarcastic banter, and will give you two guys the benefit of the doubt in regards to trying to bait me into a banning, but I would still say that you were trying to make out i was stupid by consensus, because you didn't like me criticising your fandom.
But, Shadowlord X...that flaming was definitely an intentional baiting to try and get me banned.

btw, i don't suppose any of you have seen a one armed man on your travels?

Last edited:
Superhero internet boards are serious business

All three times I have recieved an infraction, I was insulted by the posters I replied to, in other words, they deliberately set out to provoke me. But, of course, they provoked me in such a way as to skirt the rules, such as folk are doing now in the 'Dick of the year' award thread.
and even then, one of those times i got an infraction, all i did was call out the person on something they were doing that was wrong and unfair in regards to other posters, but i was accused of trying to start a fight by a mod and infractoided. and they pretty much conceded that when i went back into the thread the next day, but i still have that infraction.

I'd say i only deserved one of those infractions, and that was when i lost the rag at a person after being wound up and provoked by quite a few people in the same way that day, i was sick and it was last hting at night, so y'know, it happens. I deserved it cause i lost the plot and ranted too much, but the guy who provoked me did something far worse, he knew i was sick and tired, and deliberately tried to wind me up so i lost sleep that night, cause i said i was just on my way to bed.

Anyway, I don't mind a bit of sarcastic banter, and will give you two guys the benefit of the doubt in regards to trying to bait me into a banning, but I would still say that you were trying to make out i was stupid by consensus, because you didn't like me criticising your fandom.
But, Shadowlord X...that flaming was definitely an intentional baiting to try and get me banned.

I can only speak for myself when I say I have no intention to get you banned, and I believe the same can be said about Hythlodeus. To be honest, I've never seen that happening on the forums I post.

It is quite clear that Marvel and Dc consider Thor and Superman to be their closest equivalents powerwise, the strongest members of their teams, possesing flight, and both being aliens from other worlds.
Dance around my arguments all you want, but i made some good points, *and* I was *only* talking about the superpowered action, the fact that you then went on to compare both movies in other areas, tells me that you did not have much of a counter argument to my points, other than a weak argument that they are 'two different characters', eh, haha, no sh** they are two different characters, but being realised onscreen visually, with such levels of superstrength and having the power of flight, (not to mention lightning/hammertime being the equivalent of Supes other powers such as heat vision and super-breath)they would require the same amount of sfx care and budget to realise onscreen.

There was far more superpowered action in SR, I don't even think anyone else argued that, they took the strategy of changing the goalposts of the argument to encompass all aspects of the movies in comparison, which is not what i was talking about at all.
It has been a few years since i watch ed it all the way through, but from what i recall here are all the SR superpowered action scenes...

- Young Clark Kent running at superspeed and jumping through the fields, discovering his ability to fly in the process.

- Plane Rescue

- eavsdropping on Lois and Cyclops.

- Floating above the Earth, then stopping the armed robbery/montage of rescues from around the world.

- flying over the city with Lois

- rescue of Parker Posey when her car goes out of control.

- Earthquake in Metropolis

- landing on Lex's kryptonite land, taking the beating from the thugs and the stabbing.

- Lifting the krypton land mass into space.

- end flight after he gets out of hospital and visits his son.

in comparison to Thor's

- Frost Giant scene

- sheild powerless fight(if you want to count that as the equivalent of Supes taking that powerless beating and stabbing at the hands of Lex and co)

- fight with Destroyer

- end fight with Loki

This for me was without a doubt the best part of Thor in comparison to everytime Superman is depowered

Supermans an increadible fighter when he has powers but in the movies once he is de-powered despite being a big guy he is portrayed as weakling

why....

THor despite being humanized was still more then anything one man alone could handle.... in this way it was very realistic, it took what 5 or 6 orderelies to detain him enough to get a needle into him....

Selvig had to make it out as Roid Rage to explain how he tore through government agents

He never once came off as weak.... a huge bonus IMO compared to the way SUperman has been portrayed as a mear mortal

This for me was without a doubt the best part of Thor in comparison to everytime Superman is depowered

Supermans an increadible fighter when he has powers but in the movies once he is de-powered despite being a big guy he is portrayed as weakling

why....

THor despite being humanized was still more then anything one man alone could handle.... in this way it was very realistic, it took what 5 or 6 orderelies to detain him enough to get a needle into him....

Selvig had to make it out as Roid Rage to explain how he tore through government agents

He never once came off as weak.... a huge bonus IMO compared to the way SUperman has been portrayed as a mear mortal

Exactly and that was AFTER he threw several additional orderlies around the room like ragdolls.

I'd like to see full powered Thor fight like super powered beings in the Avengers and THOR 2 like he fought those shield agents.

I was not trying to get you banned. I have never tried to do that. A little ribbing is just that. Don't be so sensitive. Your post with listing off of the incidences of superpower uses from movies was terribly tiresome and BBT-Sheldon-like.

And you do sound like one of those tiresome anti-MCU people who pop up here from time to time performing exercises in futility

I pretty much agree with the sentiment... This thread is a CRAZY question! That is like asking, What will do better LOTR or Eragon? or What will do better, Star Wars or Starship Troopers?

The Avengers is the Star Wars or Lord of the Rings of this decade... I would be disappointed if it doesn't do better than all DC/MARVEL movies, except maybe TDK. The Dark Knight Rises, I don't expect to be as big as TDK, with Heath Ledger etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Batman fan, but the Avengers with the big four is something most of my generation has been waiting for...

why....

haha, aw man, listen if you want to compare the SR beat down to Thor being taken by the orderlies...what?!!!
That scene in SR is actually great, it is one of the only great bits in the film, because it is very realistic, if one guy is surrounded by a gang of big thugs, killers, he is going down, i don't care who he is.
How on Earth can you compare that to Thor being taken down by a bunch of hospital orderlies?! and then say that superman was the one who looked weak?!
I don't even think the Thor scene made him look weak, they were both outumbered, but Supes was definitely in the more dangerous situation.
Thor vs the shield agents...that was typical fantasy bs, it's cool to look at , but it's fantasy that the agents would go down so easily, evenmoreso since you saw him taken down easily by a bunch of untrained hospital orderlies, it was like there were two different people in those scenes, his inability to take down the orderlies doesn't make sense if you are gonna go with the Bruce Lee sh** later on in the film.

edit: sure, there are folk out there who can fight several people at a time, i once saw a friend of mine do this, but you can't keep that sh** up, sooner or later they are gonna weigh you down with numbers.
In any case, your argument is full of holes.

and as for the powerless scene in Superman II that you are obviously baiting me to get into, well, as you well know, I already got into that little discussion awhile back, and if you go back and watch the film, the guy who attacks Superman actually knocks him from behind into a window, and then after that sucker punches him, sure Supes was naive, he'd never been powerless before, never been in a fistfight, his honour was used against him by a dirty fighter.
That's naive, not weak, it's the dirty fighter who was weak.

anyway, again, this is a Marvel fan coming in thinking i am arguing one fandom against another, i'm not, I like all superheroes, all comic book comapnies, I don't give a flying whatdamacallit whowerewhat, I just want the movies to be ambitious and fulfill their potential.

Last edited:

why....

Well.. It's not really fair to compare the two. Superman without his powers is just a weakling who can get his butt kicked by any normal guy; the same could be said about spider-man, or bruce banner, for example.
On the other hand, Thor, even is his mortal, powerless state, still is a warrior born, with thousands of years of fighting experience, used to killing frost giants and other immortal threats on a daily basis. So, yeah, he can destroy a bunch of guys pretty easily.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"