Will Cap Have Only One Big Mission??

Discussion in 'Captain America: The First Avenger' started by Shazam, Mar 8, 2011.

1. wobbly Occasional Scribbler

It's in the link I posted before. The info comes from the production designer on the film so I'd count that as confirmation.

2. marcvader Lurker #1

Of course people will ignore your post and continue ranting about only 1 or 2 missions.

3. Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

I really hope not, there needs to be a scene with Cap on D-day! Plus, Rogers being only on one mission would make the legend he supposedly is seem weak.

4. weezerspider Registered

QFT! Literally hahahha, read this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It has been confirmed that there is a MONTAGE of a bunch of Cap's missions.

5. Shazam Registered

That was my point exactly!

6. Hurm... Registered

As much as I love the direction this film is going in, not having a D-Day sequence would be an incredibly wasted opportunity.

7. Rage Valar Morghulis

I really don't want to see Cap parachuting into action on D Day or storming the beaches... it would seem to belittle the actual achievements of the heroes who invaded Normandy. IF you were to have Cap active on D Day... have him doing something equally important, that didn't make world wide headlines.

8. Shazam Registered

Something tells me that a D-Day invasion is not on the menu. Didn't Johnston say that they didn't want to put Rogers in battle ans put him in the USO instead??

I still want to see a montage of battles involving some big covert missions.

#33 Shazam, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  9. Rage Valar Morghulis

Yeah... I see Cap's involvement more.. behind the scenes. If there is a battle taking place... Cap is already across enemy lines and fighting the greater threat on the other side... not the immediate threat in front of the regular army. So (for example) If he was there on D Day... I would say he should have been preventing Hydra Super weapons from fixing onto the D-Day invasion force... or something like that. Something that doesn't belittle the efforts of the fighting men who stormed the beaches and parachuted into Normandy.... But something fictional, that only he could do, that aided the war effort covertly.

10. marcvader Lurker #1

What Rage says.

11. marcvader Lurker #1

What Rage says. :up:

12. Rage Valar Morghulis

I just finished watching Band of Brothers (again) this weekend, and I just don't like the idea of Cap being there at Normandy... at least not on the front lines. Cap in the early comics was a spy smasher and did a lot of covert stuff. PLUS... in the marvel movies, it seems like very few people seem to really know who Cap is... I like that he may have been a secret weapon (almost urban legend among the men) Everybody has heard about him, but few have seen him in person... but word of mouth and rumours run rampant about what he can and has done.

13. captainrogers Diluted SuperSoldier

Hole in one, Rage.
    Film-Cap will have had many missions. The movie will presumably show us two full on (First: Save Bucky, and Last: Stop Red Skull/Deep Freeze) plus montage sequence.
    The film does span 1942 to 1944 at least. Let's not knee-jerk-assume Cap sat on his keister between missions, now.

14. captainrogers Diluted SuperSoldier

Double post.

#39 captainrogers, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  15. captainrogers Diluted SuperSoldier

Double double post.

#40 captainrogers, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  16. Rage Valar Morghulis

WOW!! 3 Holes in one in a row!! ;)

17. captainrogers Diluted SuperSoldier

Ugh! Sorry bout that.

18. Rage Valar Morghulis

AWWW! Now my joke doesn't make any sense!!

Back on topic. I hope to see a montage that shows Cap fighting multiple enemies over the course of the war. I get the impression that the shot of Cap and the Howling Invaders barging through that doorway with Guns a blazing is from the montage... just seems like a montage moment.

19. Shazam Registered

Perfect!