Will Harry Die for Peter?

yes...yes...and uhh, yes.

it happened in the comics and its one of the things i hope they keep the same from the comics.

I'm not really sure but it is a high posibility.

The talk around here sounds like people are leaning toward Harry sacrificing himself to save Spidey but I had a different idea. What if Harry sees the error of his ways and becomes good just in time to help Spidey defeat Sandman. But moments after they have triumphed over their sandy foe Harry is brutally attacked and mortally wounded by the newly formed Venom.

Seeing as Venom wants to hurt Spidey before he kills him I think this would be a good way to introduce the character...and would make a great cliff hanger.

Venom holding the battered body of Harry up with a couple of tendril things looking menacingly into the shocked eyes of Spidey

Just to elaborate a bit more. So we have Harry as GG2 and Spidey stood over the remains of Sandman looking tired but rather pleased with themselves when all of a sudden something whips out of the darkness and grabs Harry and hoists him into the air.

The only example I can give that is similar enough to give you an idea of what I mean is Aliens when the Queen rams her tail through Bishop and lifts him into the air without anyone realising she was there. Anyone who has seen that movie will know the bit I mean.

wolfsfang said:
Just to elaborate a bit more. So we have Harry as GG2 and Spidey stood over the remains of Sandman looking tired but rather pleased with themselves when all of a sudden something whips out of the darkness and grabs Harry and hoists him into the air.

The only example I can give that is similar enough to give you an idea of what I mean is Aliens when the Queen rams her tail through Bishop and lifts him into the air without anyone realising she was there. Anyone who has seen that movie will know the bit I mean.

i most cetainly do, and that would be sick if that happened. but that might push the rating up on the movie to do that.

Oh I don't mean the whole ripping him in half thing. Perhaps the tendril wraps itself around his neck and pulls him up into the air and into the darkness. Then as Spidey stands and watches in shock Venom will emerge with Harry hoisted into the air.

The reason I think this would work is that it kills off Harry and introduces Venom in very dramatic way and it would work because Spidey can't sense the symbiote so he could stand right behind them without either of them knowing.

wolfsfang said:
Oh I don't mean the whole ripping him in half thing. Perhaps the tendril wraps itself around his neck and pulls him up into the air and into the darkness. Then as Spidey stands and watches in shock Venom will emerge with AHrry hoisted into the air.

The reason I think this would work is that it kills off Harry and introduces Venom in very dramatic way and it would work because Spidey can't sense the symbiote so he could stand right behind them without eithe rof them knowing.

that could most definitely work.

call raimi up and tell him your idea :up:

Robotchicken said:
i was thinking of alien when i 1st read your post, its a great idea. Imagine harry being hoisted up by god knows what, and peter falling back in terror on his butt and looking up to see glowing white eyes and teeth smiling back at him- and thats how the movie ends

Exactly.

Then this would lead great into SM4 where Pete is desperately trying to escape from the relentless Venom/Brock who seems to be everywhere, watching, taunting and hurting people that Spidey cares about, slowly driving Peter into isolation until the inevitible moment Peter decides to make a stand and fight back

wolfsfang said:

That's a damn good idea you have there.

I believe Harry would die for Peter. Maybe when Sandman or Venom are about to kill Spidey, Harry will jump in and scarifice himself. Harry has to go out like a hero.

Daredevil886 said:
That's a damn good idea you have there.

Not to mention it makes a change from the whole Venom killing MJ idea.

First Harry and Pete are friends, then Harry blames Pete for his fathers death so he becomes the new Green Goblin and goes after Spidey. Harry then realises that Pete is and always will be his friend and just as they renew their friendship Venom slaughters him before Pete's eyes.

Now if that isn't dramatic I don't know what is.

wolfsfang said:

First Harry and Pete are friends, then Harry blames Pete for his fathers death so he becomes the new Green Goblin and goes after Spidey. Harry then realises that Pete is and always will be his friend and just as they renew their friendship Venom slaughters him before Pete's eyes.

I like your ideas. Good theory.

wolfsfang said:

That's true, actually you almost got me to the point where if they don't do something like that, then i'll be dissapointed.
It seems like that's the perfect route, like another family member loss.. could possibly drive him to be a darker superhero leading to a pretty vicious Venom beatdown.

He could just unload all his anger out on Brock, (not neccisarily in this movie) just beat the piss out of him until maybe the symbiote detaches from him and peter see's his face realizing he doesn't even know this guy and let his anger get the best of him.

Daredevil886 said:
That's true, actually you almost got me to the point where if they don't do something like that, then i'll be dissapointed.
It seems like that's the perfect route, like another family member loss.. could possibly drive him to be a darker superhero leading to a pretty vicious Venom beatdown.

He could just unload all his anger out on Brock, (not neccisarily in this movie) just beat the piss out of him until maybe the symbiote detaches from him and peter see's his face realizing he doesn't even know this guy and let his anger get the best of him.

Yeah that would be a shock for Spidey, the guy who know his deepest secrets, has the power of the symbiotic costume that he himself once wielded and who has hurt and killed those that Spidey cares about is simply a guy he has seen around the offices of the daily bugle, a face without a name that he has never had time for, but, for some reason this guy (Brock) has decided that everything bad that has befallen him is the fault of Spider-Man who through the symbiote he learns is the Parker kid who sells photographs to Jameson

What if Peter dies for Harry, but then wakes up to see Uncle Ben (shock!!), because he's been asleep this whole time. Like everything we've invisioned was all a big dream caused by being bitten by the spider. And then Peter hugs his uncle and they get up and leave as the movie goes off.

But just before everyone gets pissed and leaves the theatre...The camera shows that Peter didn't take his glasses when they left. He didn't need them!!! Soo the spider had actually given him powers and the last two movies were just a HUGE spider-sense enduced dream.

And then the next director would take it from there and recast everyone and then you'd have no more complaining from anyone.

Okay before you kill me. I was kidding. To answer the question...Yes. I think Harry probablly will die for Peter, but then that seems obvious. A little too obvious of an ending. Cliche' if you will. So maybe not.

ChineseFooD said:
What if Peter dies for Harry, but then wakes up to see Uncle Ben (shock!!), because he's been asleep this whole time. Like everything we've invisioned was all a big dream caused by being bitten by the spider. And then Peter hugs his uncle and they get up and leave as the movie goes off.

But just before everyone gets pissed and leaves the theatre...The camera shows that Peter didn't take his glasses when they left. He didn't need them!!! Soo the spider had actually given him powers and the last two movies were just a HUGE spider-sense enduced dream.

And then the next director would take it from there and recast everyone and then you'd have no more complaining from anyone.

Okay before you kill me. I was kidding. To answer the question...Yes. I think Harry probablly will die for Peter, but then that seems obvious. A little too obvious of an ending. Cliche' if you will. So maybe not.

That would so piss me the F off. And they would ruin the Spidey franchise all-together. I don't think this is likey but, hey, sometimes I think like this too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"